PDA

View Full Version : Republicans, stop calling Obama elitist

stephanie
09-06-2008, 10:39 PM
oh yeah...articles like this should help quell the feelings people have that the Obambam is an eleitist...:rolleyes:

Because the real reason you don't like him is that he's smarter than you.

By Bill Maher

Read more: Republican Party, John McCain, Politics, Opinion, Bill Maher, Republican National Convention, Barack Obama, 2008 election, Sarah Palin

Sept. 5, 2008 | New Rule: Republicans need to stop saying Barack Obama is an elitist, or looks down on rural people, and just admit you don't like him because of something he can't help, something that's a result of the way he was born. Admit it, you're not voting for him because he's smarter than you.

In her acceptance speech, Gov. Sarah Palin accused Obama of using his run for the White House as a "journey of personal discovery" -- this from the lady who just spent 10 minutes of her speech introducing her family -- Track, Trig, Bristol, Piper -- for a minute there I thought she was calling in an airstrike.

SNIP:
Barack Obama can't help it if he's a magna cum laude Harvard grad and you're a Wal-Mart shopper who resurfaces driveways with your brother-in-law. Americans are so narcissistic that our candidates have to be just like us. That's why George Bush is president. And that's where the McCain camp gets its campaign strategy: Paint Obama as cocky and arrogant and wait for America to vote him off, like the black guy in every reality show. A black president? Half of Pennsylvania isn't ready for black quarterbacks. Forget Obama, they think Will Smith needs to be taken down a peg.

Read the whole stupid thing..
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/09/05/maher_obama/index.html

09-06-2008, 11:23 PM
For someone so smart, he sure as heck is an idiot.

CatalystOfChaos
09-06-2008, 11:30 PM
A wise man once told me book smarts and common sense are two different things.

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 11:41 PM

that is very true, nice post :clap:

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 11:42 PM
maher is so hateful, and reminds of a *white liberal, who has to show how not racist he is, by trying to make other whites more racist.

* I dont believe all white liberals are a like, im saying, their seems to be an attitude of guilt and shame among some white liberals

oh yeah...articles like this should help quell the feelings people have that the Obambam is an eleitist...:rolleyes:

By Bill Maher

Read more: Republican Party, John McCain, Politics, Opinion, Bill Maher, Republican National Convention, Barack Obama, 2008 election, Sarah Palin

Sept. 5, 2008 | New Rule: Republicans need to stop saying Barack Obama is an elitist, or looks down on rural people, and just admit you don't like him because of something he can't help, something that's a result of the way he was born. Admit it, you're not voting for him because he's smarter than you.

In her acceptance speech, Gov. Sarah Palin accused Obama of using his run for the White House as a "journey of personal discovery" -- this from the lady who just spent 10 minutes of her speech introducing her family -- Track, Trig, Bristol, Piper -- for a minute there I thought she was calling in an airstrike.

SNIP:
Barack Obama can't help it if he's a magna cum laude Harvard grad and you're a Wal-Mart shopper who resurfaces driveways with your brother-in-law. Americans are so narcissistic that our candidates have to be just like us. That's why George Bush is president. And that's where the McCain camp gets its campaign strategy: Paint Obama as cocky and arrogant and wait for America to vote him off, like the black guy in every reality show. A black president? Half of Pennsylvania isn't ready for black quarterbacks. Forget Obama, they think Will Smith needs to be taken down a peg.

CatalystOfChaos
09-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah, the few times I've watched him (really, really late night HBO) I've quickly turned it off. He's not funny, he's not insightful, he's arrogant and insulting.

I canceled HBO in favor of Showtime anyway lol

actsnoblemartin
09-07-2008, 12:38 AM
and he is paranoid.

he thinks i wanna shut him up

NO, i like giving him enough rope to hang himself with

who could forget the 9/11 terrorists are brave comment, real insightful

:laugh2:

Yeah, the few times I've watched him (really, really late night HBO) I've quickly turned it off. He's not funny, he's not insightful, he's arrogant and insulting.

I canceled HBO in favor of Showtime anyway lol

Silver
09-07-2008, 06:18 PM
maher is so hateful, and reminds of a *white liberal, who has to show how not racist he is, by trying to make other whites more racist.

* I dont believe all white liberals are a like, im saying, their seems to be an attitude of guilt and shame among some white liberals

I actually was quite surprised when Maher, after watching the MSNBC coverage of the Dem convention, observed that Obermann and Matthews looked like they wanted to have sex with Obama....

the coverage was so so completely biased even Maher had to mention it....

crin63
09-07-2008, 07:05 PM

Who was the wise man that told you that?

bullypulpit
09-08-2008, 04:20 AM

By Bill Maher

SNIP:

So, Cindy McCain in an ensemble worth more that twice what our house is worth isn't "elitist"?

red states rule
09-08-2008, 07:38 AM
So, Cindy McCain in an ensemble worth more that twice what our house is worth isn't "elitist"?

What's wrong BP? Jealous you do not own a successful business like Cindy McCain, who can afford nice clothes?

I remember Obama explaining he is not a elitist because he has to scrape the ice of his windshield :laugh2:

crin63
09-08-2008, 08:24 AM

What, do you live in a cardboard box?

You idiots still think its clothing that makes someone an elitist. Clothing has nothing to do with elitism.

Its the attitude that Liberals have, that they know whats better for you, than you know yourself and therefore you should give all your monies to the government and let Liberals decide what you get because they know whats best. Equality for all, except those making the decisions for the little people.

midcan5
09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
It is curious that a buffoon like Bush, a person born with a silver spoon, and still even though he was a drunk and addict can come across to some Americans as one of the guys? A regular guy? McCain is the same without his affirmative white rich man connections he wouldn't even have got in the service, and then ditched his wife and married money is seen as a common man. Maybe I missed it but that ain't a common man in any book I know.

Someday a child will ask why did my daddy die? I miss him. A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to continue an illegal war.

CatalystOfChaos
09-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Who was the wise man that told you that?

I can't recall... or maybe it was you?

Yurt
09-08-2008, 08:45 PM
It is curious that a buffoon like Bush, a person born with a silver spoon, and still even though he was a drunk and addict can come across to some Americans as one of the guys? A regular guy? McCain is the same without his affirmative white rich man connections he wouldn't even have got in the service, and then ditched his wife and married money is seen as a common man. Maybe I missed it but that ain't a common man in any book I know.

Someday a child will ask why did my daddy die? I miss him. A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to continue an illegal war.

yeah, doing blow is quite common....having a mom who gets with two muslim men and one of them gives you a son, you live in a muslim country, are taught in an islamic government controlled school system, go to the elite private school in hawaii...yes, quite "common"....even here in america :poke:

a vote for obama is a vote for cocaine and lies

midcan5
09-09-2008, 07:27 AM
yeah, doing blow is quite common....having a mom who gets with two muslim men and one of them gives you a son, you live in a muslim country, are taught in an islamic government controlled school system, go to the elite private school in hawaii...yes, quite "common"....even here in america

Yurt, you have yet to prove the last thing I asked you and now you post pure stupidity, prove it or shut up. I have proved mine your turn.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Nukeman
09-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Yurt, you have yet to prove the last thing I asked you and now you post pure stupidity, prove it or shut up. I have proved mine your turn.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.You have yet to answer a simple question I have posed to you in other threads!!! How about you practice what you preach

Here this is for Yurt..

Obama's mother was a dreamer. She made risky bets that paid off only some of the time, choices that her children had to live with. She fell in love—twice—with fellow students from distant countries she knew nothing about. Both marriages failed, and she leaned on her parents and friends to help raise her two children.

From his own book "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance,"

Obama, 42, told me recently he had tried marijuana in high school and hasn't consumed any illegal drugs in 20 years. When I asked if there was anything beyond marijuana in his past, Obama said, "That'll suffice." But the book includes a passage in which Obama discusses how he dealt with questions from his mother when he was 17 and a senior in high school. The context of the book also makes clear that he was trying to deal with the problems his race presented.

"I had learned not to care," he wrote. "I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. ..."

"Blow" is a street name for cocaine. "Smack" is slang for heroin.

Also from his book

In the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell mother I made faces during Quranic studies," wrote Obama

I remember that he studied 'mengaji (recitation of the Quran)," Tine said, according to an English translation by Loatze.

Mengaji, or the act of reading the Quran with its correct Arabic punctuation, is usually taught to more religious pupils and is not known as a secular study.

midcan5
09-09-2008, 08:51 AM
You have yet to answer a simple question I have posed to you in other threads!!! How about you practice what you preach

What is the question?

We are all dreamers - when dreams cease life ceases. Your quotes are not at level of hate of the wingnuts such as Yurt, nor do they support his rant.

stephanie
09-09-2008, 09:03 AM
What is the question?

We are all dreamers - when dreams cease life ceases. Your quotes are not at level of hate of the wingnuts such as Yurt, nor do they support his rant.

you have a lot of nerve accusing others of being haters..

red states rule
09-09-2008, 09:05 AM
you have a lot of nerve accusing others of being haters..

It is like Ted Kennedy accusing someone of being a drunk

bullypulpit
09-09-2008, 10:45 AM
What, do you live in a cardboard box?

You idiots still think its clothing that makes someone an elitist. Clothing has nothing to do with elitism.

Its the attitude that Liberals have, that they know whats better for you, than you know yourself and therefore you should give all your monies to the government and let Liberals decide what you get because they know whats best. Equality for all, except those making the decisions for the little people.

A $300,000+ ensemble? Yeah...no elitism there. :rolleyes:

stephanie
09-09-2008, 10:53 AM

When did Cindy McCain start running for President, did I miss something..

theHawk
09-09-2008, 10:58 AM

Keep deflecting Bully. No one gives a shit how many houses Cindy and her family has. Unlike you, most Americans don't get pissed off or think its "unfair" when other people succeed in life. The bottom line is McCain and Cindy have dedicated alot of their own time in serving this country, compared to the Obamas who serve themselves as rich lawyers. Most people also see what a corrupt shitbag Obama is with his dealings with Rezko and Ayers, not to mention Uncle Wright.