PDA

View Full Version : A message for barrack obama

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 11:27 PM
I dont care that you're black, have a funny named, were raised by a muslim father, or that you dont look like the other presidents on the dollar bill

I disagree with YOUR policies on iraq and healthcare, I find you do not have enough experience to be considered a qualified political candidate.

that does NOT mean, you are a bad politician, a bad person, or that i dis-like you personally.

Gain atleast another term as senator, come back with less left wing policies, and maybe ill consider voting for you

I am only voting against you, because I think your wrong choice for america, but i do NOT consider those who vote for you stupid, wrong, or evil.

Just wanted to be clear. I dont have to hate those i disagree with, its about policy disagreements, thats it.

I love and respect my friends on this site, regardless of party affiliation

:salute:

CatalystOfChaos
09-06-2008, 11:35 PM
From first glance, their health care plans are very very similar.

Maybe I just haven't caught the small differences, care to enlighten?

I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely want to know your opinion :-)

I personally think that McCain's "Cessation of Smoking" plan is a waste of money. People know its bad. They know they should quit. They know its expensive. They choose to do it anyway. People in America have the freedom to destroy themselves if they want to.

McCain offers a Tax Credit towards health insurance that, under his plan, seems a bit low.

Obama is in favor of forcing employers to contribute "a percentage" which I don't approve of.

They both have plans to make everything affordable, and it comes down to the nuts and bolts in comparison.

actsnoblemartin
09-06-2008, 11:38 PM
I appreciate the sincere attempt at dialogue, youre a good poster

My problem is that I dont want the government running healthcare.

Dont get me wrong, we have problems with our health care system, but the government taking it over wont solve the problem

and I genuinly care about your opinion as well, you are a breath of fresh air, in the insult fest that i usually see

:salute:

From first glance, their health care plans are very very similar.

Maybe I just haven't caught the small differences, care to enlighten?

I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely want to know your opinion :-)

CatalystOfChaos
09-07-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't mind government involvement in health care, I think its needed.

I do mind government running anything. They tend to not do it very well.

Health care is out of control. Medical costs in relation to the average income is out of control. A tasteful way to take care of this without just taking complete control of it?

If I had a good answer for that, I might run for political office myself lol

actsnoblemartin
09-07-2008, 12:13 AM
for the record, you are correct.

Second, I am not opposed to government and the private sector working together. I have heard of some examples government and the private sector working together, i cant remember when or where i heard it, but i have.

Second, I am not opposed to putting all options on the table and discussing them, except for socialized medicine, i believe its bad for patients

Health care is out of control. Medical costs in relation to the average income is out of control. A tasteful way to take care of this without just taking complete control of it?

actsnoblemartin
09-07-2008, 12:14 AM
all we need is good people, to put aside their partisanship, and work together for answers, and share the credit

I dont know/its not important what your beliefs/political affiliation is, but you seem like a nice person

and nice people of all stripes should be able to work together :cheers2: