PDA

View Full Version : video-Obama Gaffes on Faith

stephanie
09-07-2008, 12:14 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MGMQ5DpVVTM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MGMQ5DpVVTM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

comments at site..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGMQ5DpVVTM

Immanuel
09-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Ouch! That will come back to bite him. Did the video go on?

He explained what he meant but that won't fly with Americans.

Immie

Yurt
09-07-2008, 01:44 PM
anybody know if he has picked a 'new' church?

Trigg
09-07-2008, 04:54 PM
He finally admits, in a slip of the tongue, that he is indeed a Muslim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qotHTtr30I

manu1959
09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
freudian...........classic........

crin63
09-07-2008, 05:07 PM
He finally admits, in a slip of the tongue, that he is indeed a Muslim

That's not enough video to be certain of what the context was. Context is king.

I fully expect him to come out as muslim someday, but to be honest we need more video than that.

MtnBiker
09-07-2008, 05:13 PM
threads merged

Trigg
09-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Here is a transcript,

Right from the horses mouth

STEPHANOPOULOS: You mention your Christian faith. Yesterday you took off after the Republicans for suggesting you have Muslim connections.

Just a few minutes ago, Rick Davis, John McCain's campaign manager, said they've never done that. This is a false and cynical attempt to play victim.

OBAMA: You know what? I mean, these guys love to throw a rock and hide their hand. The...

STEPHANOPOULOS: The McCain campaign has never suggested you have Muslim connections.

OBAMA: No, no, no. But the -- I don't think that when you look at what is being promulgated on Fox News, let's say, and Republican commentators who are closely allied to these folks...

STEPHANOPOULOS: But John McCain said that's wrong.

OBAMA: Now, well, look. Listen. You and I both know that the minute that Governor Palin was forced to talk about her daughter, I immediately said that's off limits. And...

STEPHANOPOULOS: But John McCain said the same thing about questioning your faith.

OBAMA: And what was the first thing the McCain's campaign went out and did? They said, look, these liberal blogs that support Obama are out there attacking Governor Palin.

Let's not play games. What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come...
STEPHANOPOULOS: Christian faith.

OBAMA: ... my Christian faith. Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested...

STEPHANOPOULOS: Has connections, right.

OBAMA: ... that I'm a Muslim. And I think that his campaign's upper echelons have not, either.

What I think is fair to say is that, coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith -- something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time.

— Christina Bellantoni, national political reporter,
The Washington Times

MtnBiker
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I think it was just a gaffe. However him speaking of his faith cannot be mentioned without highlighting his 20 years in the church of Rev. Wright.

CatalystOfChaos
09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Even if he's a closet Muslim, I don't think he said that in reference to being a Muslim. I think he was just trying to say that McCain has not tried to accuse him of being one and it was a tongue tied slip.

Trigg
09-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Even if he's a closet Muslim, I don't think he said that in reference to being a Muslim. I think he was just trying to say that McCain has not tried to accuse him of being one and it was a tongue tied slip.

Actually he is accusing the McCain camp of putting doubts in people's mind about him being a Muslim.

What I think is fair to say is that, coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith -- something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time.

George keeps saying that the McCain camp has condemned these kinds of attacks and Obama is saying, well yes they're condemning them-and encouraging them at the same time.

Obama needs to just come out and admit he was a Muslim, even if he isn't now. Why is he ashamed/embarrassed of that fact??????

retiredman
09-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Osama bin Laden... healthcare... the economy... the mortgage crisis.... surging unemployment... but let's talk about silly shit like THIS instead.

stephanie
09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Osama bin Laden... healthcare... the economy... the mortgage crisis.... surging unemployment... but let's talk about silly shit like THIS instead.

why not..you all are making hay over whether Mrs. Palin said she put the plane on e-bay, or sold it on e-bay...

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 07:27 PM

Nah, let's talk about Gov. Palin's Down's Syndrome child, Gov. Palin's poor decision to have him, her pregnant daughter, and whether or not the governor's jet actually sold on eBay or elsewhere.

retiredman
09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Nah, let's talk about Gov. Palin's Down's Syndrome child, Gov. Palin's poor decision to have him, her pregnant daughter, and whether or not the governor's jet actually sold on eBay or elsewhere.

as you wish... as I said, I would prefer to talk about the war against islamic extremism, the economy and healthcare... but silly season is always in season here at DP.com

MtnBiker
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Let's talk about second hand information on an overheard conversation in a crowded restaurant by a waitress.

MtnBiker
09-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Let's talk about a Catholic's for Obama website an it conjured up outrage for Palin.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 07:42 PM
as you wish... as I said, I would prefer to talk about the war against islamic extremism, the economy and healthcare... but silly season is always in season here at DP.com

It's true that I don't recall you starting those kinds of threads. Your fellow Dems are papering the board with this drivel.

retiredman
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
It's true that I don't recall you starting those kinds of threads. Your fellow Dems are papering the board with this drivel.

and your fellow conservatives are not doing the same thing?

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM

At times. But what's gone on here this week is out of the park, imo.

stephanie
09-07-2008, 08:12 PM

don't play all innocent..you have no problems jumping in on the threads that has been posted about Sarah Palin that has been rumors..

like I said, we dissect things that the Obambam actually says, you all are throwing out rumor to see if you can make any stick..

retiredman
09-07-2008, 08:13 PM
At times. But what's gone on here this week is out of the park, imo.

of course you would...and I feel the same about threads like this from the right.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
of course you would...and I feel the same about threads like this from the right.

Yes, of course I would think the sexist remarks about Gov. Palin and her daughter are beyond the pale. I would think that a liberal Dem like you would feel the same.

retiredman
09-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes, of course I would think the sexist remarks about Gov. Palin and her daughter are beyond the pale. I would think that a liberal Dem like you would feel the same.

I question the woman's experience to be CHOSEN by McCain to fill the #2 spot on his ticket. I would think that Kay Bailey Hutchison or Oly Snowe would be MUCH more formidable running mates... the fact that I am stunned by not only the inexperience of Palin, but also by the complete adoration of her by the republican masses is not sexist.... it is based solely upon my belief that McCain was not being truthful when he said that the number one criteria for his VP pick was the ability to effectively assume the duties of Commander in Chief.

stephanie
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Well...we are stunned that your party has selected such a green horn, with no executive experience in anything(except being a community organizer), to run as our President..

Sarah Palin was at least a mayor and now a governor of a state..I'd feel more comfortable with her running things, than that little boy wonder you all threw in there..

get used to saying Vice President Sarah Palin..she has completely taking the shine off the Obambams star..must suck..:laugh2::cheers2:

retiredman
09-07-2008, 08:32 PM
get used to saying Vice President Sarah Palin..she has completely taking the shine off the Obambams star..must suck..:laugh2::cheers2:

that is your prediction.... I am not surprised.:laugh2:

09-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Follow up:

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/07/obama-verbal-slip-fuels-his-critics/

Honestly, I think this is an important issue. If he is hiding his faith then there would be implications for the war on terror.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I question the woman's experience to be CHOSEN by McCain to fill the #2 spot on his ticket. I would think that Kay Bailey Hutchison or Oly Snowe would be MUCH more formidable running mates... the fact that I am stunned by not only the inexperience of Palin, but also by the complete adoration of her by the republican masses is not sexist.... it is based solely upon my belief that McCain was not being truthful when he said that the number one criteria for his VP pick was the ability to effectively assume the duties of Commander in Chief.

There's no denying that many of the threads and articles are sexist and have nothing to do with the issue of experience. If you don't have a problem with that, then you don't.

retiredman
09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
There's no denying that many of the threads and articles are sexist and have nothing to do with the issue of experience. If you don't have a problem with that, then you don't.
and there is no denying that there have been umpteen threads about Obama being a muslim or not being an American citizen and if you don't have a problem with that, then you don't.

I have had very little to say on the threads about Palin... I will say that I think it is quite hilarious that a governor who pressed hard for abstinence only sex education has a seventeen year old daughter who got knocked up... and I think that says something about not only the effectiveness of abstinence only sex education, but also about the effectiveness of Palin's parental leadership.

stephanie
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
and there is no denying that there have been umpteen threads about Obama being a muslim or not being an American citizen and if you don't have a problem with that, then you don't.

I have had very little to say on the threads about Pain... I will say that I think it is quite hilarious that a governor who pressed hard for abstinence only sex education has a seventeen year old daughter who got knocked up... and I think that says something about not only the effectiveness of abstinence only sex education, but also about the effectiveness of Palin's parental leadership.

where the hell did she PUSH for abstinence sex education??

and you making fun of children who make a mistake, just so you can mock their mother shows just how low class you are..like I said, you are right up in those threads about Mrs.Palin, and is just as bad as Joe, if not worse..

shame on you liberals..but as we already know, none of you have any shame..

retiredman
09-07-2008, 09:42 PM
where the hell did she PUSH for abstinence sex education??

and you making fun of children who make a mistake, just so you can mock their mother shows just how low class you are..like I said, you are right up in those threads about Mrs.Palin, and is just as bad as Joe, if not worse..

shame on you liberals..but as we already know, none of you have any shame..

I am not making fun of anyone. She is a champion for abstinence only sex education. Here own daughter gets knocked up. I think that says something about parental leadership. If you can't convince your own kids to do the right thing...

oh, and in regard to your first question, read up on the federal grants that her administration applied for.

REDWHITEBLUE2
09-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I question the woman's experience to be CHOSEN by McCain to fill the #2 spot on his ticket. I would think that Kay Bailey Hutchison or Oly Snowe would be MUCH more formidable running mates... the fact that I am stunned by not only the inexperience of Palin, but also by the complete adoration of her by the republican masses is not sexist.... it is based solely upon my belief that McCain was not being truthful when he said that the number one criteria for his VP pick was the ability to effectively assume the duties of Commander in Chief. Well she has more experience then Obama HELL she even has more experience then George Washington had when he became are 1st President

SassyLady
09-07-2008, 10:49 PM
I am not making fun of anyone. She is a champion for abstinence only sex education. Here own daughter gets knocked up. I think that says something about parental leadership. If you can't convince your own kids to do the right thing...

Her daughter's pregnancy has nothing to do with the type of education she received. It has to do with a choice she made (which is a huge platform plank for the Dems - in case you've forgotten). She made a choice to have sex.

Obviously the open sex education that has been employed in our society is not working either. I would propose that there are many more unplanned pregnancies on the liberal side of the fence. And, no matter how many hours of sex education one has, using condoms and birth control are not as effective as abstinence.

Linking Sarah's daughter's pregnancy with her ability to be VP is assinine. That would be like linking Barak's father's alcoholism and tendency to have multiple wives and DUI's with his abilities. It is a non-issue. Let it go.

Yurt
09-08-2008, 01:56 AM
mfm = hypocrite

how in the world can you post in all those threads and then act all innocent as if you ONLY care about the 'real' issues...yeah, like calling a 17 year old a slut, or whining about how i know what to do so you can "allegedly" take me off ignore

get over yourself, really

red states rule
09-08-2008, 06:20 AM

Why not change the subject? All your attacks on Gov Palin, her family, her husband, have all back fired

The last thing Obama wants to do is expalin how he will pay for all his promises, and how raising taxes in a slow economy is a good thing

retiredman
09-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Her daughter's pregnancy has nothing to do with the type of education she received. It has to do with a choice she made (which is a huge platform plank for the Dems - in case you've forgotten). She made a choice to have sex.

Obviously the open sex education that has been employed in our society is not working either. I would propose that there are many more unplanned pregnancies on the liberal side of the fence. And, no matter how many hours of sex education one has, using condoms and birth control are not as effective as abstinence.

Linking Sarah's daughter's pregnancy with her ability to be VP is assinine. That would be like linking Barak's father's alcoholism and tendency to have multiple wives and DUI's with his abilities. It is a non-issue. Let it go.

she made an "educated choice". She made a choice to have unprotected sex even though she was "educated" by her mother that abstinence was the only appropriate alternative. For me to suggest that the quality of a mother's leadership skills are displayed in the choices made by her adolescent children is quite reasonable. For you to suggest that the actions of an absentee father are somehow the responsibility of his young son is pathetic.

red states rule
09-08-2008, 06:26 AM
she made an "educated choice". She made a choice to have unprotected sex even though she was "educated" by her mother that abstinence was the only appropriate alternative. For me to suggest that the quality of a mother's leadership skills are displayed in the choices made by her adolescent children is quite reasonable. For you to suggest that the actions of an absentee father are somehow the responsibility of his young son is pathetic.

Thank you preacher man. You and your side for the continuinr attack a mother and her infant child. Thank you, and your liberal budddies for calling her a hick, a back woods hillbilly, a religious fanatic, calling her white trash,for trying to tell the voters she faked her last pregnancy

How a hockey mom can make the Dems and liberal media fold up like a beach chair is very entertaining to watch

She even brings out your preacher side better then Yurt does :laugh2:

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Actually he is accusing the McCain camp of putting doubts in people's mind about him being a Muslim.

Isn't it funny, how he accuses the McCain camp of doing this while his camp is using race in the same way?

don't play all innocent..you have no problems jumping in on the threads that has been posted about Sarah Palin that has been rumors..

I'm not so sure I agree with this one Stephanie. The two worst offenders of liberal trash threads against Gov. Palin are psychoblues and Joe Steel. For a while I was following their threads. I can't remember MFM participating in any of those threads. I may be wrong on that, but I think he has pretty much ignored that garbage.

I question the woman's experience to be CHOSEN by McCain to fill the #2 spot on his ticket. I would think that Kay Bailey Hutchison or Oly Snowe would be MUCH more formidable running mates.

Kay Bailey Hutchinson might have made a good choice, but Olympia Snowe would never have arrived at a position of actually being able to take over the Oval Office should the need have arrived. That is a key point. You have to be able to get to the opportunity first.

Olympia Snowne is pro-choice. John McCain is battling a conservative movement that doesn't like him. Had he chosen Olympia Snowe, his campaign would have been dead and Bob Barr might actually have beaten him.

Immie

Trigg
09-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Obama needs to simply admit he is a Muslim, put it out there for the voters to decide on. Is he afraid "his" voters will switch parties or decide not to vote? If so he needs to accept that libs aren't ready for a Muslim President, instead of trying to deceive America just long enough to get himself elected.

Yurt
09-08-2008, 10:23 AM

i guess doing blow was a great educated choice....

using your logic....i guess jesus is not omnipotent as his followers sin, he can't even control one tiny planet, maybe he should be stripped of his 'god' status

Trigg
09-08-2008, 10:33 AM

You are making a HUGE assumption about what Palin was telling her daughter regarding sex education.

If I were you I'd be more concerned with my candidate snorting coke and having possible brain damage, than what Palin was talking about to her daughter.

retiredman
09-08-2008, 11:04 AM
You are making a HUGE assumption about what Palin was telling her daughter regarding sex education.

If I were you I'd be more concerned with my candidate snorting coke and having possible brain damage, than what Palin was talking about to her daughter.

I am so you are not me!:lol:

Palin sought out a federal grant to teach abstinence only sex ed in school.... as you suggesting that...gasp... she is a hypocrite?

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Obama needs to simply admit he is a Muslim, put it out there for the voters to decide on. Is he afraid "his" voters will switch parties or decide not to vote? If so he needs to accept that libs aren't ready for a Muslim President, instead of trying to deceive America just long enough to get himself elected.

That would be the end of his campaign. America is not ready for a Muslim President especially since we are at war with extreme Muslims. Even if he were a black Muslim member of "The Nation of Islam" which I find to be a completely different breed of Muslim than the Muslims of the ME.

The same kind of thing went on when Kennedy ran for President. His faith was used against him. I have heard rumblings about Biden's faith as well.

Now, I'm not endorsing Obama, but if he came out and said that he was a Muslim the election would be over and if he truly thinks he is the right man for the job, if he truly loves this country, why would he want to end his chances so abruptly?

Immie

retiredman
09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
That would be the end of his campaign. America is not ready for a Muslim President especially since we are at war with extreme Muslims. Even if he were a black Muslim member of "The Nation of Islam" which I find to be a completely different breed of Muslim than the Muslims of the ME.

The same kind of thing went on when Kennedy ran for President. His faith was used against him. I have heard rumblings about Biden's faith as well.

Now, I'm not endorsing Obama, but if he came out and said that he was a Muslim the election would be over and if he truly thinks he is the right man for the job, if he truly loves this country, why would he want to end his chances so abruptly?

Immie

Immie...he is not now, nor has he ever been a muslim. He is a member of the same denomination that I am...and we in the UCC trace our roots to the puritans of massachusets. He left Trinity but he has not left the denomination.

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Immie...he is not now, nor has he ever been a muslim. He is a member of the same denomination that I am...and we in the UCC trace our roots to the puritans of massachusets. He left Trinity but he has not left the denomination.

First, did I say he was a Muslim?

Second, I am not convinced that he never was a Muslim. He may be a member of the same denomination you are a member of now. That does not mean he was not brought up as a Muslim. Nor, does it absolutely mean he is not Muslim today.

I have read (I don't know the accuracy of this but it seems accurate) that no President has ever been elected that did not profess to be Christian. Even Bill Clinton showed up at church when it was beneficial. ;) Obama knowing this could have joined the UCC yet remained a Muslim. I'm not saying he did, but he could have.

I am not questioning his faith as I don't know what he truly believes. But, it is not impossible that a Muslim who wanted to be President would join a church in order to accomplish such a goal.

Immie

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I believe Kathianne has a lot of local insight into what joining that particular church was going to do for Obama's political aspirations in Chicago. Being outwardly Muslim was certainly not going to get the job done.

retiredman
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
First, did I say he was a Muslim?

Second, I am not convinced that he never was a Muslim. He may be a member of the same denomination you are a member of now. That does not mean he was not brought up as a Muslim. Nor, does it absolutely mean he is not Muslim today.

I have read (I don't know the accuracy of this but it seems accurate) that no President has ever been elected that did not profess to be Christian. Even Bill Clinton showed up at church when it was beneficial. ;) Obama knowing this could have joined the UCC yet remained a Muslim. I'm not saying he did, but he could have.

I am not questioning his faith as I don't know what he truly believes. But, it is not impossible that a Muslim who wanted to be President would join a church in order to accomplish such a goal.

Immie

you're not questioning his faith...but you're questioning his faith. and you are suggesting that he is a liar.

retiredman
09-08-2008, 01:24 PM
I believe Kathianne has a lot of local insight into what joining that particular church was going to do for Obama's political aspirations in Chicago. Being outwardly Muslim was certainly not going to get the job done.

give it up. He has stated repeatedly that he is a Christian. If you are not going to believe a word he says, then why should we even debate anything? I'll just think that everything that comes out of McCain's mouth and your mouth is an absolute falsehood. What idiocy!

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
you're not questioning his faith...but you're questioning his faith. and you are suggesting that he is a liar.

No, I am not.

What I said, was that a Muslim, not him specifically, could choose to join a church (in fact any church) in order to give the appearance of being a Christian.

But, it is not impossible that a Muslim who wanted to be President would join a church in order to accomplish such a goal.

I am not convinced that he never was a Muslim.

I have never heard him speak on this. I do not know if he said he has never been a Muslim nor do I care.

The whole point of what I was saying was that if he were a Muslim and if he announced that he was, his campaign would effectively be over... no if's, and's or but's about it.

Immie

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
give it up. He has stated repeatedly that he is a Christian. If you are not going to believe a word he says, then why should we even debate anything? I'll just think that everything that comes out of McCain's mouth and your mouth is an absolute falsehood. What idiocy!

1. Not giving anything up.
2. I believe a lot of words he says. I believe he sees Rev. Wright as his mentor, except now it's not politiccally wise to admit it. I believe if he was in charge of Iraq we would have left in defeat by now. I believe he is in favor of infanticide. I believe that he will do or say anything to get elected. See- I believe lots of things he says.
3. Are you actually saying that his church is not a great stepping stone to a political career? You may have a really hard time pushing that one.
4. Idiocy? Take look at your own idiotic party. You'll see the real definition.

Btw, how do you know what he truly believes? Are you in his head? Do you have a microphone in his home?

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 01:34 PM

I'd have to agree with you on what comes out of McCain's mouth.

And now that I think about what I said last post, I'd have to say everything that comes out of Obama's mouth is at best suspect. He is after all a politician which is slightly above.... hell, nothing in my book! But, they are not too far below political journalist of all ilk.

Immie

retiredman
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
1. Not giving anything up.
2. I believe a lot of words he says. I believe he sees Rev. Wright as his mentor, except now it's not politiccally wise to admit it. I believe if he was in charge of Iraq we would have left in defeat by now. I believe he is in favor of infanticide. I believe that he will do or say anything to get elected. See- I believe lots of things he says.
3. Are you actually saying that his church is not a great stepping stone to a political career? You may have a really hard time pushing that one.
4. Idiocy? Take look at your own idiotic party. You'll see the real definition.

Btw, how do you know what he truly believes? Are you in his head? Do you have a microphone in his home?

TUCC may very well be a very good church for a black christian to attend if he wants to move up in chicago politics. no doubt. It is NOT a church where a muslim goes to worship. Keeping this idiocy alive is just disgustingly partisan fearmongering.....not a whole lot different than Team Bush telling the voters of South Carolina in 2000 that McCain had fathered an illegitimate black child.

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 01:55 PM
TUCC may very well be a very good church for a black christian to attend if he wants to move up in chicago politics. no doubt. It is NOT a church where a muslim goes to worship. Keeping this idiocy alive is just disgustingly partisan fearmongering.....not a whole lot different than Team Bush telling the voters of South Carolina in 2000 that McCain had fathered an illegitimate black child.

Tell me why a Muslim would not attend TUCC if he was striving for a higher goal.

Do you really think everyone who attends church goes there to worship?

Immie

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 01:57 PM

How do you know it is not a church where a closet Muslim with political aspirations goes to worship? Got that crystal ball out again? Or are you God? Your opinion of your knowledge is waaay too high.

MtnBiker
09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I still think it was a gaffe. The canidates are asked a million questions a week and speak often, they are bound to goof up from time to time. So it was just a gaffe. But still what this gaffe does is highlight Obama's faith and there are still some lingering question about his association with Rev Wright for 20 years. Obama had the right to attend and be associated with Rev Wright, but the timing of his withdrawl from the church is quite interesting and seems a political move.

retiredman
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
How do you know it is not a church where a closet Muslim with political aspirations goes to worship? Got that crystal ball out again? Or are you God? Your opinion of your knowledge is waaay too high.

I believe Obama when he speaks (at length) on the subject of his faith. Have you taken the time to watch his 45 minute address to the sojourner's convention on the subject of church and state? I have. The man who gave that speech was not a muslim.

Trigg
09-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I am so you are not me!:lol:

Palin sought out a federal grant to teach abstinence only sex ed in school.... as you suggesting that...gasp... she is a hypocrite?

Goodness seeking out a federal grant....that evil woman. Seeking a grant to teach abstinence in the school doesn't mean she, or anyone else for that matter, can't teach birth control in her own home.

Birth control isn't the place of schools anyway. Kids need to learn how pregnancy happens, anything beyond that is the parents job.

Trigg
09-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I believe Obama when he speaks (at length) on the subject of his faith. Have you taken the time to watch his 45 minute address to the sojourner's convention on the subject of church and state? I have. The man who gave that speech was not a muslim.

Seems Bambam says one thing and means another. Is he a Muslim?????? According to him, yes........or no, depending on the day.

I believe he slipped up and let it out. If he is a Muslim he needs to be upfront about it, instead of waiting until after the election.

retiredman
09-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Seems Bambam says one thing and means another. Is he a Muslim?????? According to him, yes........or no, depending on the day.

I believe he slipped up and let it out. If he is a Muslim he needs to be upfront about it, instead of waiting until after the election.

I could give a flying fuck what YOU "believe".

Read this tranbscript:

http://obama.senate.gov/podcast/060628-call_to_renewal_1/

douchebag...:fu:

retiredman
09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Birth control isn't the place of schools anyway. Kids need to learn how pregnancy happens, anything beyond that is the parents job.

and Sarah Palin's parental leadership on that specific issue sucks out loud. She failed as a mother in teaching her daughter. sorry.

NightTrain

Read this tranbscript:

Such language from a man of Christ! tsk tsk.

Yurt
and Sarah Palin's parental leadership on that specific issue sucks out loud. She failed as a mother in teaching her daughter. sorry.

so jesus failed everytime you sin.....:poke:

SassyLady
09-08-2008, 08:58 PM

Read this tranbscript:

Hey Trigg,

You know you've drawn blood when the target comes back with this type of language! :poke:

Now, let's see if he bleeds to death..............:coffee:

retiredman
09-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Trigg,

You know you've drawn blood when the target comes back with this type of language! :poke:

Now, let's see if he bleeds to death..............:coffee:

why don't you read my link instead of flapping your gums?

or does your ADD prevent you from reading or writing anything longer than a sentence of two before you are captivated by the flickering lights from the other room?

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 09:20 PM
That's a little better, but your potty mouth as a Man of the Cloth is quite disturbing.

retiredman
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
That's a little better, but your potty mouth as a Man of the Cloth is quite disturbing.
then don't bother worshipping in my church. I am not ordained and I refuse to "pretty up" my language on here just because I have been called to the pulpit to help my church.

My parishioners love me.... and they just affirmed that at a big cookout yesterday.

Your opinion of me? I really could give a shit. honestly.

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
then don't bother worshipping in my church. I am not ordained and I refuse to "pretty up" my language on here just because I have been called to the pulpit to help my church.

My parishioners love me.... and they just affirmed that at a big cookout yesterday.

Your opinion of me? I really could give a shit. honestly.

Can't wait to see footage from Maine of an 8 year old saying,

"I fuckin love Pastor MFM's deep fucking fried mothafuckin potatos! That mothafucka can straight DEEP-fucking-FRY A POTATO! And did I mention he has the best crack on da block? Oops, we still recordin'. Mah bad.'

retiredman
09-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Can't wait to see footage from Maine of an 8 year old saying,

"I fuckin love Pastor MFM's deep fucking fried mothafuckin potatos! That mothafucka can straight DEEP-fucking-FRY A POTATO! And did I mention he has the best crack on da block? Oops, we still recordin'. Mah bad.'

what else ya got night train, beside the shitty nigger accent imitation?

any substance here, or is it all just weightless bullshit?

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 11:33 PM
what else ya got night train, beside the shitty nigger accent imitation?

any substance here, or is it all just weightless bullshit?

Just pointing out that as a supposed community leader, you're scoring in the ranks of Obama's mentor.

Peace, Love, Forgiveness. That's your road that you chose, so start living it or quit your job.

If you want to spread lies to the people, join Obama's crusade and sleep well at night.

Pretending to be a man of Christ will earn you a special place in hell.

SassyLady
09-10-2008, 07:35 PM
why don't you read my link instead of flapping your gums?

or does your ADD prevent you from reading or writing anything longer than a sentence of two before you are captivated by the flickering lights from the other room?

And here I was trying to emuluate your style of communicating.....since when have you ever posted anything longer than one or two lines (unless it was filled with filth and personal attacks) and useless links?

manu1959
09-10-2008, 07:43 PM

kinda like your mom and dad failed you......like that.....

retiredman
09-10-2008, 08:12 PM
kinda like your mom and dad failed you......like that.....

I think my folks did a fine job. I never got in trouble as a kid. I never fathered a child out of wedlock. I was accepted by and graduated from a service academy and I served a long and fruitful career in uniform. I think I made my folks proud of me.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I think my folks did a fine job. I never got in trouble as a kid. I never fathered a child out of wedlock. I was accepted by and graduated from a service academy and I served a long and fruitful career in uniform. I think I made my folks proud of me.

i think they raised a foul mouthed, intollerant, know it all, arrogant, elitist, braggart.....

not to be judgemental or anything...........and not that there is anything wrong with that.....

retiredman
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
i think they raised a foul mouthed, intollerant, know it all, arrogant, elitist, braggart.....

not to be judgemental or anything...........and not that there is anything wrong with that.....

I am quite tolerant. I have never claimed to know it all. I am sorry if you feel I am arrogant. Elitist? I don't think so. I don't know what I have bragged about. My kids... my wife, maybe.

I understand that you don't like me very much. There is little to nothing that I can do about that other than keep trying to be a better person. I don't like you very much either, but I would imagine that could change using the same process.

Immanuel
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM

See even when you are telling someone of you do it politely. :)

Immie