PDA

View Full Version : God, Guns and...

bullypulpit
09-08-2008, 04:12 AM
...Full loose bozo. Sarah Palin gives a little chat at her church. Makes Dana Carvey's "Church Lady" seem rational in comparison...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1vPYbRB7k

So, the invasion of Iraq is God's plan. As anyone who has actually read the Bible knows, when God wants a killin' done, he sends an angel...not some Ivy League legacy, half-wit like George W. Bush.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 09:05 AM
So, the invasion of Iraq is God's plan. As anyone who has actually read the Bible knows, when God wants a killin' done, he sends an angel...not some Ivy League legacy, half-wit like George W. Bush.

I thought when God wanted a killin' done, he sent Teddy Kennedy. :coffee:

stephanie
09-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Wow Bully..how much did we hear you complain about that bozo of a preacher and church of you boy wonder??

your alls double standards and hypocrisy's is glaring now days..too bad for you the American people are getting to see it(again), right before an election..

President McCain and Vp. Sarah Palin.:cheers2:

AllieBaba
09-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Where does she say it's God's plan? I saw the transcript of this, and never once does she say it. She refers to God's plan in a humble and perfectly appropriate manner, by essentially praying the action is correct and what God wants.

I get so sick of progressives and leftists making shit up.

Little-Acorn
09-08-2008, 04:34 PM

What else can they do? If they tell the truth, it makes them look very bad.

AllieBaba
09-08-2008, 04:41 PM
No kidding.

But the audacity of it...to post the clip...and then claim she says something she doesn't say in it. One wonders how stupid their fellow libs are that they just accept this as fact....

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Where does she say it's God's plan? I saw the transcript of this, and never once does she say it. She refers to God's plan in a humble and perfectly appropriate manner, by essentially praying the action is correct and what God wants.

Yes, you are right, that's exactly what she was saying.

manu1959
09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
it is classic....obama tells palin you can't reinvent yourslef....then issues half a dozen statements attempting to reinvent himself....

AllieBaba
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I learned a while back that anything the left throws at the right is a good indicator of what they're engaged in at the moment.

theHawk
09-08-2008, 05:04 PM
How dare she practice her religion!!!

Maybe she was supposed to scream about how white AmeriKKKa is racist.

AllieBaba
09-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Or declare death is not a choice, but murder.

Libs resent that she had her Down's baby when they have fought long and hard to provide their friends with the option of aborting those imperfect non-babies at 6 months.

midcan5
09-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry folks but while I have been very busy, this is hardly the stuff that is at the top of my agenda, remember I am for peace, Iraq has killed many of my children, let's allow those people to create their own society. And while I have lots to do, please try to help all people and not just yourselves. Oh, and I hate the cold and dark. Cya.

God

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Dear God,

We are for peace, too. That is why we got rid of that raping, torturing, homicidal maniac named Saddam Hussein, and his two bloodthirsty sons.

Sincerely,
The Coalition of the Willing

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 08:49 PM

Most liberals don't view the clip, they fast forward to what the idiot posted below the link to form their opinions.

Bully didn't review it himself, neither did the Moonbat that posted it (who pirated it from another moonbat), and so on.

Post something outlandish, type some commie shit below it, and 90% of moonbats will preach it as gospel. Easy money.

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry folks but while I have been very busy, this is hardly the stuff that is at the top of my agenda, remember I am for peace, Iraq has killed many of my children, let's allow those people to create their own society. And while I have lots to do, please try to help all people and not just yourselves. Oh, and I hate the cold and dark. Cya.

God

You'd better pray for forgiveness on that one, Slick.

SassyLady
09-08-2008, 08:52 PM

Libs resent that she had her Down's baby when they have fought long and hard to provide their friends with the option of aborting those imperfect non-babies at 6 months.

You nailed it!

:clap::clap:

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
You nailed it!

:clap::clap:

I would love to see Midcan5, Joe Steel, Bullypulpit or April15 sitting in front of Palin's son Trig in a few years and explain to him why he should have been killed prior to birth.

Think the high-and-mighty attitude will still be there as they look that boy in the eye and tell him that he should have been killed?

"Yes, Trig, even though your Mother wanted to continue her pregnancy because you have Downs, I wanted her to kill you.

"I wanted the doctor to shove a metal object into your brain and suck it out with a special vacuum, rendering you a useless corpse when they found out you were retarded. Then removing your corpse from her womb."

None of them have the spine to do it.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 11:18 PM
I would love to see Midcan5, Joe Steel, Bullypulpit or April15 sitting in front of Palin's son Trig in a few years and explain to him why he should have been killed prior to birth.

Think the high-and-mighty attitude will still be there as they look that boy in the eye and tell him that he should have been killed?

"Yes, Trig, even though your Mother wanted to continue her pregnancy because you have Downs, I wanted her to kill you.

"I wanted the doctor to shove a metal object into your brain and suck it out with a special vacuum, rendering you a useless corpse when they found out you were retarded. Then removing your corpse from her womb."

And a very special Addendum from Obama: "And if somehow you survived all that, I don't want anyone to give you medical aid, and I want to leave you in a trash can to die."

bullypulpit
09-09-2008, 08:00 AM

"...Our national leaders are sending them (our troops) out on <b>a task that is from God</b>. That's what we have to make sure we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is <b>God's plan</b>...", her exact words. Hmmmm. Ya can't make this shit up. :coffee:

bullypulpit
09-09-2008, 08:01 AM
And a very special Addendum from Obama: "And if somehow you survived all that, I don't want anyone to give you medical aid, and I want to leave you in a trash can to die."

Now who's making crap up?

Abbey Marie
09-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Now who's making crap up?

Are you unaware of Obama's record of being the only one to vote against a bill to provide medical aid in such circumstances? It's discussed in depth on the board if you want to look it up.

bullypulpit
09-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Are you unaware of Obama's record of being the only one to vote against a bill to provide medical aid in such circumstances? It's discussed in depth on the board if you want to look it up.

Ahhh yes...the idiot claim that Obama supports 'infanticide'. The abortion of a previable fetus is not infanticide. It is a medical procedure for terminating a pregancy for the health of the mother, the fetus or both. Get over it, and don't try to hijack the thread.

stephanie
09-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Ahhh yes...the idiot claim that Obama supports 'infanticide'. The abortion of a previable fetus is not infanticide. It is a medical procedure for terminating a pregnancy for the health of the mother, the fetus or both. Get over it, and don't try to hijack the thread.

.:(

bullypulpit
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM

None of them have the spine to do it.

Well gosh, it's not about Ms. Palin's choice to have a child...It's about her willingness to deny others the choice to have, or not have, a child. Whether that child be the product of rape or incest, a threat to the mother's health or birth defects that would result in a still birth, fetal death <i>in utero</i>, or while resulting in a live birth would result in a short, pain-filled life as in Tay-Sachs syndrome, it is not for her, or anyone else to insert themselves in what is solely a matter for a woman and her physician.

Now, how's about sticking to the topic of the thread? Or is that too hard for you?

theHawk
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
"...Our national leaders are sending them (our troops) out on <b>a task that is from God</b>. That's what we have to make sure we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is <b>God's plan</b>...", her exact words. Hmmmm. Ya can't make this shit up. :coffee:

So its wrong to pray that everything going on in the world is part of God's plan? Its wrong to hope that our troops are on the side of God? Whos side would you rather they be on Bully?

bullypulpit
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I find your support for "infanticide" particularly disturbing and sad.. you work in the medical field, where you are there to save lives..

real sad.:(

I'm an RN...I respect the sanctity of life, else I wouldn't be doing the work that I do. Unlike you, and so many others here, I don't persist in equating the potential with the actual.

Oh, and see above.

theHawk
09-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Well gosh, it's not about Ms. Palin's choice to have a child...It's about her willingness to deny others the choice to have, or not have, a child. Whether that child be the product of rape or incest, a threat to the mother's health or birth defects that would result in a still birth, fetal death <i>in utero</i>, or while resulting in a live birth would result in a short, pain-filled life as in Tay-Sachs syndrome, it is not for her, or anyone else to insert themselves in what is solely a matter for a woman and her physician.

Now, how's about sticking to the topic of the thread? Or is that too hard for you?

Why not let the American people decide on the issue of abortion? What are libs so afraid of?

bullypulpit
09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
So its wrong to pray that everything going on in the world is part of God's plan? Its wrong to hope that our troops are on the side of God? Whos side would you rather they be on Bully?

Since I don't believe in God...the question is, at its heart, irrelevant. I support the troops...The ultimate responsibility for their use, or misuse, lies solely with the President, whom I have never supported.

bullypulpit
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Why not let the American people decide on the issue of abortion? What are libs so afraid of?

Since most American's support safe, legal abortion, it's a moot point and there's nothing to be afraid of. I don't favor abortion on demand, or abortions when a healthy fetus is viable <i>ex utero</i>. I do, however, support a woman's right to choose in the case of incest or rape, when the woman's life or health are threatened, when birth defects will cause intolerable pain and suffering for the fetus after being delivered as in Tay-Sachs syndrome and numerous other birth defects.

I will no longer address the issue of abortion on this thread. If you want to talk abortion...we can do it elsewhere. Stick to the topic of the thread.

theHawk
09-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Since I don't believe in God...the question is, at its heart, irrelevant. I support the troops...The ultimate responsibility for their use, or misuse, lies solely with the President, whom I have never supported.

The question is relevant. Its irrelevant that you don't believe in God. I asked if you have a problem with a Christian making such a prayer. Otherwise I don't understand what problem you have with Palin speaking that way to fellow Christians.

bullypulpit
09-10-2008, 04:40 AM

Well now...Your reached into the deepest nether regions of your arse to pull that on out didn't you. Ms. Palin CHOSE to have her baby...What's to resent? Except she would deny the choice to others NOT to carry a fetus with profound birth defects to birth.

bullypulpit
09-10-2008, 04:44 AM
The question is relevant. Its irrelevant that you don't believe in God. I asked if you have a problem with a Christian making such a prayer. Otherwise I don't understand what problem you have with Palin speaking that way to fellow Christians.

If she refrains from any effort to have her religious convictions given the full weight of law, all is well and good. Otherwise, she needs to sit on the sidelines. America is a nation of laws...the laws of man...not the capricious and shifting dictates of some mythical, metaphysical entity. I know you don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Sitarro
09-10-2008, 05:10 AM
Well now...Your reached into the deepest nether regions of your arse to pull that on out didn't you. Ms. Palin CHOSE to have her baby...What's to resent? Except she would deny the choice to others NOT to carry a fetus with profound birth defects to birth.

So what? What can she as VP or POTUS do to change that so called "right"? We just had 6 years of a President and VP that are both pro-life with a majority in Congress that was Republican....... seems that Roe vs Wade is still here....... weak point Bully. It is 2008, the "morning after" pill is widely available for those that would want to use it, especially in the case of rape or incest, why should you care what she thinks? You have plenty of choices to keep from getting pregnant, use them.

bullypulpit
09-11-2008, 07:25 AM
So what? What can she as VP or POTUS do to change that so called "right"? We just had 6 years of a President and VP that are both pro-life with a majority in Congress that was Republican....... seems that Roe vs Wade is still here....... weak point Bully. It is 2008, the "morning after" pill is widely available for those that would want to use it, especially in the case of rape or incest, why should you care what she thinks? You have plenty of choices to keep from getting pregnant, use them.

Which should make it readily apparent that the GOP doesn't really want abortion to be taken off the table. It's too reliable a means of whipping the red-meat, religious RWN base into a frenzy with every election cycle. Of course, If McCain does make it to the White House, with three SCOTUS seats coming open soon, you can be the court will be packed with right wingers and Roe v. Wade will be overturned, sending us back to the days of back alley abortionists and coat hangers.

As for the morning after pill, its availability is limited by whether or not the woman can get to a physician for a prescription in time.

mundame
09-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Which should make it readily apparent that the GOP doesn't really want abortion to be taken off the table. It's too reliable a means of whipping the red-meat, religious RWN base into a frenzy with every election cycle. Of course, If McCain does make it to the White House, with three SCOTUS seats coming open soon, you can be the court will be packed with right wingers and Roe v. Wade will be overturned, sending us back to the days of back alley abortionists and coat hangers.

Well, that's the thing, of course. Multiplying Palin's errors of choice on all American women by force.

As for the morning after pill, its availability is limited by whether or not the woman can get to a physician for a prescription in time.

And whether there is a law that says pharmacists don't have to prescribe so much as birth control pills if they don't want to, never mind the morning after pill.

And a regulation counting birth control as abortion, as the Bush administration tried to pass this summer, so they can try to make birth control illegal also. A lot of hard right people don't believe in birth control: that's why Sarah Palin had a baby at age 44, and she opposed any teaching about birth control in school, no information except to practice abstinence, so her daughter got pregnant.

I don't care if poor-thinking individuals want to screw up their lives like this, but to force their terrible thought errors on the entire country is pretty awful, and that's explicitly what they want and say they want to do to other people, and that makes them dangerous.

Immanuel
09-11-2008, 09:58 AM

And can you honestly say (and keep a straight face) that the Democrats want abortion off the table? The Democrats rely on abortion to whip up the LWN just as Republicans go the other way.

Immie

stephanie
09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Good gawd...I've said before..how sad is it that some people are more worried about being able to have a free and happy abortion..than about bringing a human being into the world..

sad..

mundame
09-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Good gawd...I've said before..how sad is it that some people are more worried about being able to have a free and happy abortion..than about bringing a human being into the world..

sad..

No abortion is happy, but the great, great majority of people in this country do NOT want to bring a gravely disabled child into this world. Fully 85% (New York Times) to 95% (Wall Street Journal) of Downs Syndrome fetuses are now aborted in this country: in hospitals and regular obstetricians offices, not abortion clinics, of course. And many, many other fetuses that would be gravely disabled are aborted now: open spines, tiny heads with only part brains, many terrible genetic conditions that can be detected in utero by all these chemical tests that they now do on every pregnancy. And why? So they can give the mother the option of aborting them, of course!! That's the ONLY reason for all these sonograms and tests.

This train has long since left the station, but it was kept secret to avoid controversy. The decisions to abort failed pregnancies are made on an individual basis, and it hasn't become a public matter for discussion before this.

People do want healthy babies, but they don't want flawed babies and that is shown by the huge abortion rate of fetuses that would be born disabled. Forcing young families and especially young women (because the men usually bail out) to throw their lives away on pregnancies that turn out gravely disabled and retarded children is not going to be popular.

Sarah Palin is mainly serving as a dire example of what a bad idea all this anti-birth control, anti-abortion actually is. I suspect some hard thinking is going on all over America among young women ---------- if I espouse these ideas Palin has, the same things that happened to her are likely to happen to me!!

stephanie
09-11-2008, 10:23 AM
No abortion is happy, but the great, great majority of people in this country do NOT want to bring a gravely disabled child into this world. Fully 85% (New York Times) to 95% (Wall Street Journal) of Downs Syndrome fetuses are now aborted in this country: in hospitals and regular obstetricians offices, not abortion clinics, of course. And many, many other fetuses that would be gravely disabled are aborted now: open spines, tiny heads with only part brains, many terrible genetic conditions that can be detected in utero by all these chemical tests that they now do on every pregnancy. And why? So they can give the mother the option of aborting them, of course!! That's the ONLY reason for all these sonograms and tests.

This train has long since left the station, but it was kept secret to avoid controversy. The decisions to abort failed pregnancies are made on an individual basis, and it hasn't become a public matter for discussion before this.

People do want healthy babies, but they don't want flawed babies and that is shown by the huge abortion rate of fetuses that would be born disabled. Forcing young families and especially young women (because the men usually bail out) to throw their lives away on pregnancies that turn out gravely disabled and retarded children is not going to be popular.

Sarah Palin is mainly serving as a dire example of what a bad idea all this anti-birth control, anti-abortion actually is. I suspect some hard thinking is going on all over America among young women ---------- if I espouse these ideas Palin has, the same things that happened to her are likely to happen to me!!

you would of done well working for Hitler..yuck

Immanuel
09-11-2008, 10:38 AM

http://www.healself.org/Down's%20Syndrome.html

http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/censusstatistic/a/aabirthrate.htm

You know, if it were only these extreme cases, then the issue would almost be non-debatable. According to this site, the incidence of D.S. is between 1 in 800 and 1 in 1,000 births. In 2002 there were 4,019,280 births in the U.S. Based on the highest estimate, at 95% of those, per your estimate that would be 3800 abortions per year which is well below the approximately 4,500 per day that are performed now. Even if you multiplied all the potential serious birth defects we wouldn't come anywhere close to the 1.3 - 1.5 million abortions per year that are performed.

If it were only the serious birth defects, there would be little that Pro-Life people could say about it, unfortunately there are more than a million abortions every year that are not based on these conditions.

Immie