PDA

View Full Version : Matthews & Olberman Removed As Political Anchors

Kathianne
09-08-2008, 04:40 AM
Couldn't happen to two nicer guys. David Gregory will anchor the political broadcasts:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080908/pl_politico/20838

MSNBC shake-up: Olbermann and Matthews no longer anchoring

Michael CalderoneSun Sep 7, 11:31 PM ET

Less than two weeks ago, MSNBC president Phil Griffin was still defending the network's anchor team to Politico, despite reports of turmoil behind-the-scenes and on-air squabbles. At the time, a high-ranking MSNBC journalist told me the network was "about to blow up."

Well, here's the blow up! The NY Times reports tonight that Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann will no longer anchor during upcoming political news events, as network insiders reveal more about what's been happening.

After months of accusations of political bias and simmering animosity between MSNBC and its parent network NBC, the channel decided over the weekend that the NBC News correspondent and MSNBC host David Gregory would anchor news coverage of the coming debates and election night. Mr. Olbermann and Mr. Matthews will remain as analysts during the coverage.

The change — which comes in the home stretch of the long election cycle — is a direct result of tensions associated with the channel’s perceived shift to the political left....

red states rule
09-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Better late then never.

David Gregory will at least try to create an illusion of objectivity

crin63
09-08-2008, 08:12 AM
The change — which comes in the home stretch of the long election cycle — is a direct result of tensions associated with the channel’s perceived shift to the political left....

What that boils down to is declining ratings because average Americans are still more conservative than Libs give them credit for.

The only reason that Dims have gained any ground is because Republicans started acting like Dims and if were gonna have Dims running things we might as well get all the perceived free-bees that go along with it.

red states rule
09-08-2008, 08:17 AM
What that boils down to is declining ratings because average Americans are still more conservative than Libs give them credit for.

The only reason that Dims have gained any ground is because Republicans started acting like Dims and if were gonna have Dims running things we might as well get all the perceived free-bees that go along with it.

Or could it be Matthews and Olbermann did not tilt the coverage far enough to the Dems; and the big shots at DNC TV are showing their displeasure?

red states rule
09-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Did Chris Matthews get a "tingle up his leg" when told of this change?

crin63
09-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Did Chris Matthews get a "tingle up his leg" when told of this change?

It was probably more like a , "tinkle down his leg" when he found out. :coffee:

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Oh my, public demotion. How embarassing. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/666.gif http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1381.gif

MSNBC to M and O: http://users.telenet.be/honeybee1/pan_kloppen.gif

red states rule
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Oh my, public demotion. How embarassing. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/666.gif http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1381.gif

Who will Olbermann make "The Worst Person of the Week" after this?

stephanie
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Good grief..how anyone could watch those two without throwing up..

The folks at DUunderground loved them, that should tell you everything...:coffee:

JohnDoe
09-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Good grief..how anyone could watch those two without throwing up..

The folks at DUunderground loved them, that should tell you everything...:coffee:

I stopped watching them when they were continually Hillary Bashers and demeaning towards women in politics in general.

red states rule
09-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I stopped watching them when they were continually Hillary Bashers and demeaning towards women in politics in general.

What do you expect JD - they were in the tank for Obama and Hillary was an obstacle that had to be removed

Now they are turning their attention to another women who opposes their messiah

Trigg
09-08-2008, 10:04 AM
About darn time :clap::clap:

At least Gregory tries to be impartial and has people of both parties on for discussions.

Olberman didn't even try to disguise his hatred for everything republican.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Is there anyplace with even lower ratings for them to go to? :laugh:

stephanie
09-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Is there anyplace with even lower ratings for them to go to? :laugh:

to hell....well I'll say that for Olberbite..Chrissy just needs to go into an insane asylum..:cheers2:

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 10:09 AM
to hell....as far as I'm concerned..:cheers2:

I'm sure Hell has more viewers than DNCTV. :laugh2:

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I was channel surfing a few weeks ago and happened to see Olbermann ranting about "neo-cons" and generally being an obnoxious liberal prick on the air. The thought crossed my mind that he was a slightly smarter version of Joe Steel given free reign in front of a camera.

I was surprised to see MSNBC air this kind of blatant bs, and emailed in my thoughts on this idiot. Perhaps I was a drop in the bucket of feedback about this liberal lunatic.

April15
09-08-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm sure Hell has more viewers than DNCTV. :laugh2:Hell is where the conservatives go.

Kathianne
09-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Hell is where the conservatives go.

Why would you say that? I pretty much disagree with liberals on most issues, yet never would say such.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 07:05 PM

Thanks for your well wishes for me, April15. Your kindness is noted. :rolleyes:

April15
09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for your well wishes for me, April15. Your kindness is noted. :rolleyes:Don't worry you will be so busy meeting friends you won't have any time for suffering!

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Don't worry you will be so busy meeting friends you won't have any time for suffering!

Oops, I forgot, I'm conversing with "bitter guy".

April15
09-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Oops, I forgot, I'm conversing with "bitter guy".I'm not bitter. You have never tasted me so your claim is baseless.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm not bitter. You have never tasted me so your claim is baseless.

Nah, bitterness like yours is airborne.

crin63
09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm not bitter. You have never tasted me so your claim is baseless.

Nah, bitterness like yours is airborne.

You don't have to taste a lemon to know its sour because previous experience has already proven that it is.

Just like Liberals being bitter. You don't have to taste one to know they are bitter, past experience has already proven that they are and continue to be.

crin63
09-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I never thought Cindy McCain was attractive until I saw April15's avatar. It made me reevaluate my opinion of her. Women with guns are just plain sexy!

Yurt
09-08-2008, 07:53 PM

yay, another compassionate liberal speaks how they really feel about those who have differing opinions

krisy
09-08-2008, 08:02 PM
MSNBC couldn't have been a better decision(other than firing those two). I saw some of the coverage they did and it was the sloppiest,most one sided crap I have ever seen. Democrat or Republican,no one can deny that they were partisan. If they were commentators like Hannity and Colmes who are paid to give thier opinion,the horrid coverage may have been a tad more acceptable,but they're not and they have failed miserably at what they do.

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 08:38 PM

Sidelined is where the Libs go.

Give me the email address of your PBS supervisor, April.