PDA

View Full Version : just for shits and grins.

stephanie
09-08-2008, 10:56 AM
read some of the responses..:laugh2:

marmar (1000+ posts) Sun Sep-07-08 09:04 PM
Original message
Are Democrats too intelligent to be elected president?
Advertisements [?]Edited on Sun Sep-07-08 09:06 PM by marmar
We've had two candidates - Al Gore and John Kerry - who were CLEARLY more intelligent than their Republican opponent, and they lost (yeah, they probably didn't really lose, but the races shouldn't have even been close.)
And here again we have a close race with a Constitutional law scholar/thinker who clearly leaves his competitor in the intellectual dust, and he has to APOLOGIZE for suggesting that American students should broaden their horizons by learning a foreign language.
Is this country by and large too intellectually lazy and soundbite-oriented to understand nuance and look at the complexity of issues? It just seems like a bravado-filled slogan, no matter how false or empty it is, trumps reason every time.

I blame the idiot box known as TV.

comments there..
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3945145

09-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I have never been able to figure out how Gore and Kerry were smarter than Bush when he did alot better in school than both of them.

No1tovote4
09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
I have never been able to figure out how Gore and Kerry were smarter than Bush when he did alot better in school than both of them.
Because he doesn't speak in public well some have a belief he is unintelligent. Much like some people believe dyslexics to be unintelligent because of spelling errors.

I wouldn't put too much credibility into reports of his "stupidity", he has done better than all but 42 other people have.

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Appearances, man, appearance. President Bush just doesn't look as smart or as "elite" as either Gore or Kerry and appearance is everything. President Bush is just to "down to Earth" to be smart. I mean he wears blue jeans for crying out loud!!!

Immie

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I always thought Gore's bumbling manner was the only thing keeping him from sounding completely robotic. How on earth he seems more intelligent to anyone than Bush is unbelievable. I guess a non-Southern accent is the ultimate intelligence indicator to some weenies.

Yurt
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
i heard gore couldn't even finish lawschool, made it through 1L and ran like the wind

midcan5
09-08-2008, 07:16 PM
America is all about sales and Bush was sold well, even with that he lost to Gore. His 2004 win was one created again by the sale of fear.

McCain entered Annapolis through affirmative white rich man connections. A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote for the privileged class.