PDA

View Full Version : Baton Rouge and Gustav

SpidermanTUba
09-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Dude, why is the national media hardly touching the aftermath of Gustav in Baton Rouge and the parishes just west of there? The city's power grid was 99% knocked and and is still mostly out. The city is under an indefinite 8pm-6am curfew, and there are numerous severely damaged homes. LSU's campus was hit bad, with a gigantic tree ripped up by its roots in the quad.

I know its not anything like New Orleans, there was some flooding, but nothing on the scale of Katrina. But still, it seems like there is an odd silence about it.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 01:15 PM
I can attest- I haven't heard a thing about Baton Rouge. :dunno:

Mr. P
09-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Dude! Cuz it's normal when a hurricane comes through...no big deal.

What, ya want that big ole tree on national news for a week? :laugh2:

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Good question.

I guess because they have better things to do like spreading lies about Barack Obama, John McCain, Sarah Palin and Joe Biden.

I guess they think since George Bush is a lame duck President pinning the damage on him, will fall on deaf ears.

Immie

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Good question.

I guess because they have better things to do like spreading lies about Barack Obama, John McCain, Sarah Palin and Joe Biden.

I guess they think since George Bush is a lame duck President pinning the damage on him, will fall on deaf ears.

Immie

Geez, Immie. According to you, all the media are liars, and every politician is a liar. You're not cynical or anything, are you? ;)

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Geez, Immie. According to you, all the media are liars, and every politician is a liar. You're not cynical or anything, are you? ;)

Me? ;)

Of course not. Are you saying that all the media and all politicians aren't liars?

If I really wanted to get technical, I'd ask which one of us has never told a lie.

Immie

Abbey Marie
09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Me? ;)

Of course not. Are you saying that all the media and all politicians aren't liars?

If I really wanted to get technical, I'd ask which one of us has never told a lie.

Immie

Nah, they all do probably lie. :coffee: I just don't dwell on it, since human nature isn't changing in our lifetime.

Immanuel
09-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Nah, they all do probably lie. :coffee: I just don't dwell on it, since human nature isn't changing in our lifetime.

I can't help that I am down on politicians right now. It all stems from my unmitigated support of our current President in both elections and the feeling that I was duped.

Immie

SpidermanTUba
09-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Dude! Cuz it's normal when a hurricane comes through...no big deal.

Dude, Gustav was the strongest hurricane to hit Baton Rouge in recorded history. I'd say that's news. How many other U.S. capital cities are on indefinite curfews right now? Where's Geraldo? Where's Anderson Cooper?

Trigg
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Dude, Gustav was the strongest hurricane to hit Baton Rouge in recorded history. I'd say that's news. How many other U.S. capital cities are on indefinite curfews right now? Where's Geraldo? Where's Anderson Cooper?

Does Baton Rouge have a large black community that is in danger of being drowned??????? If not don't expect the media.

After all they hardly showed up in Mississippi after Katrina, and those little towns were almost wiped off the map.

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 05:33 PM
I know its not anything like New Orleans, there was some flooding, but nothing on the scale of Katrina. But still, it seems like there is an odd silence about it.

Most of the International Media are scrambling to verify that McCain was a traitor, and have so far been coming up empty handed.

This is your fault.

Nukeman
09-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Dude, Gustav was the strongest hurricane to hit Baton Rouge in recorded history. I'd say that's news. How many other U.S. capital cities are on indefinite curfews right now? Where's Geraldo? Where's Anderson Cooper?If you didn't have such a high criminal element in LA maybe they wouldn't institute a curfew.

I have been through hurricains in Florida and we NEVER had the type of BS that went in LA. Maybe, just maybe people are sick of LA and hurricains. I am sorry if this sounds cold hearted but I for one had my fill after Katrina.

People bitching they didn't get them out during Katrina, this time around people bitching they couldn't come right back after Gustav. I mean give me a break. We have tornados that rip through whole towns in the blink of an eye with NO WARNING yet we rebuild without all the drama. Do yourself a favor and rebuild your fucking cities and do something for yourself instead of waiting for the government to help all the time. Instead of having your hand out why not put a hammer or shovel in it and HELP.......:poke:

gabosaurus
09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
I have a close friend who lives in Baton Rouge, so I have been following the whole thing closely.
www.theadvocate.com

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I have a close friend who lives in Baton Rouge, so I have been following the whole thing closely.
www.theadvocate.com

Is your friend a pyschotic nutjob that claims bizarre things and then abandons the thread as well?

gabosaurus
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Is your friend a pyschotic nutjob that claims bizarre things and then abandons the thread as well?

I have a job and a family. Perhaps you don't.

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I have a job and a family. Perhaps you don't.

I work 7/12s, and when I make a claim, I finish it.

We have 5 children, 4 are at home.

Don't think that'll fly, chick.

retiredman
09-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I work 7/12s, and when I make a claim, I finish it.

We have 5 children, 4 are at home.

Don't think that'll fly, chick.

no fucking way you are a parent. prove it! :lol:

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 10:58 PM
no fucking way you are a parent. prove it! :lol:

You must be new around here, since many of my pics have been viewed by old school posters.

My pics are over 1 meg, so I will download a program to reduce them to less than 1 meg.

Stand by (that means 'hold on') for pictures, slick.

Trigg
09-09-2008, 11:13 AM

:lol:

Little-Acorn
09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Dude, Gustav was the strongest hurricane to hit Baton Rouge in recorded history. I'd say that's news.

And it didn't do anything that other hurricanes haven't done. So, it's not really news.

If the residents of BR had built their homes in an area where hurricanes DON'T regularly come through, and then got hit like they did last week, that would be news.

But they built them where hurricanes regularly come through. And what do you know, they got clobbered by the latest hurricane. Again.

(yawn)

Maybe someday they'll take the hint that God keeps giving them.

If they did, THAT would be news.

Sitarro
09-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Nobody gives a shit about BR, never have, boring place......... geraldo didn't even come by............ admit it TUba, you were hoping for a geraldo job, weren't you? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Gustav was a weak ass storm, quit whining and plant a new tree. The people in Houston are wishing for Ike to hit and wash away the garbage and filth from NO that stayed here after the levees broke.