PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin, Holy Roller, Wins Not One Vote

Psychoblues
09-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I had lunch today with a local Baptist preacher that belongs to several civic and fraternal organizations of which I am also a member. I make it a point to communicate regularly with him. We talked about the upcoming election and the propensities of the nation to go for McCain or Obama.

He described to me that although he probably would not vote for Obama he could not and would not vote for the McCain/Palin ticket. He further went on to say that as is his understanding of the tongue talking, miracles from God for American aspirations, and obvious misrepresentations from Sarah Palin about her political past and affiliations, all that scares the hell out of him and his congregation. "What's next?" he asks?!?!!?!?!?!??!?! Is she a snake handler as well?

He went further to lament the very public exhibition of her unmarried pregnant daughter without one single word about the abstinance mission that his religion has spent so much time and money to promote. He carried on about her thinking that it is God that should bless the efforts of Americans in a war on a people that never intended to go against the wishes of the God that they worship. He continued to complain that her request for prayer to God for a pipeline in the interest of particular companies was indeed out of line. We talked about other things but I think you get the gist.

Sarah Palin and John McCain may think they have sewed up the religious rightwingnuts. I think not.

CatalystOfChaos
09-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Personally, I believe its irresponsible to not vote, even if you don't FULLY endorse one or the other.

If you have two bad candidates, choosing the lesser of two evils is the responsible thing to do.

Crossing your arms and refusing to get involved and then watching things go badly when you could have had them go less badly with your vote?

Psychoblues
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Point of clarification, COC, he didn't say that he couldn't vote for Obama.

Personally, I believe its irresponsible to not vote, even if you don't FULLY endorse one or the other.

If you have two bad candidates, choosing the lesser of two evils is the responsible thing to do.

Crossing your arms and refusing to get involved and then watching things go badly when you could have had them go less badly with your vote?

He merely stated the he probably wouldn't. Sorry for the confusion.

BTW, I haven't seen you before now. Welcome to the DP board!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a great time here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CatalystOfChaos
09-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks, glad to be here :-)

You know me by association a bit, I'm Crin63's oldest son :-)

Psychoblues
09-08-2008, 09:23 PM
You are indeed the son of a very good, even GREAT, individual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, glad to be here :-)

You know me by association a bit, I'm Crin63's oldest son :-)

Are you old enough for a Saspirilly?

Go to the Lounge and have a refreshement with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
4 Schlitz. Prepare.

Sitarro
09-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm curious, who paid for lunch, did you check to see if your pockets had been picked? Baptist preacher....... please........ user of GOD's name to secure a great living is more like it.

Psychoblues
09-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Ewwwwww!!!!!!! Sweet beer!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Schlitz. Prepare.

Whatever?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why don't you just make it an even 6 pack?!?!?!??!?!?

Psychoblues
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Although I fully intended and have the resourses to pay for the meal, zero, the preacher knows the waitress and beat me to the bill.

I'm curious, who paid for lunch, did you check to see if your pockets had been picked? Baptist preacher....... please........ user of GOD's name to secure a great living is more like it.

Do you have something against God,,,,,,,,,or preachers, zero?

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 10:00 PM

Fire In The Hole!

Psychoblues
09-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Lemme know if you get brave enough to swing at me, nt.

Fire In The Hole!

Nevermind. I'll knock your ass off your barstool anyway!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 10:16 PM

Fire the smilies!

The more the better, lads, lest they think we're fucking around!

Load more exclamation points in that cannon, son! We want results!

Yurt
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM

why?

your vote is your own. why not be honest with yourself? if you don't want to vote, even if you hold your nose as this person is better than that person, why force someone with the guiltgun about "responsibility?"

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 11:41 PM

Floor.

The Ol' Liver just can't take any more, Cap'n!

Psychoblues
09-08-2008, 11:54 PM
I think that is what he is trying to say, dumbass yuk.

why?
your vote is your own. why not be honest with yourself? if you don't want to vote, even if you hold your nose as this person is better than that person, why force someone with the guiltgun about "responsibility?"

Why is badgering your habit? Maybe you need to go back to simpleass personal injury trials!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! You wouldn't make a pimple on a good lawyers ass but you know that already don't you, yuk?

stephanie
09-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Psycho had become a gossiping old bittie..

goodness..

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 11:58 PM

And another 6-smiley salvo combined with 22 punctuation marks in a row, Cap'n! We're done for!

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Gossiping old what?

Idiot.

stephanie
09-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Gossiping old what?

Idiot.

you are a clucking old hag.

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Do you have something to back that up, stevie?

you are a clucking old hag.

Or, are you just blowing farts as you normally do when you don't have an argument?

NightTrain
09-09-2008, 12:49 AM
18.6 beers!

Captain, do something! 18 more smileys and we're going to blow!

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 01:11 AM
The snake handling finally got to you, didn't it?

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 01:22 AM
16.8 What?

18.6 beers!

Captain, do something! 18 more smileys and we're going to blow!

You're going to blow at 1+1, NT. No doubt about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

CatalystOfChaos
09-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Abstaining from voting is fine, that's your choice.

PERSONALLY, I find it irresponsible, if you truly feel that there is something wrong with one candidate or another, it is your duty to yourself to try and lessen the pain you'll have in the near future lol

If you feel that you just can't find it within you to endorse one or the other in even a small way, fine. I understand, I guess.

I mostly just hate when people don't vote, and then complain about how someone else woulda done better. Like people that say Kerry or Gore would have done better, but didn't vote.

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Just who do you think will abstain from voting, COC?

CatalystOfChaos
09-09-2008, 02:54 AM
The target of the OP story :-)