PDA

View Full Version : Student GOP Leader Resigns Over Obama Remark

Psychoblues
09-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Better he resign now than later as the contest gets more intensive, don't you think?

Source: Associated Press

Student GOP leader resigns over Obama remark
By MICHAEL RUBINKAM, Associated Press Writer

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The leader of a statewide group of college Republicans has been forced to resign after posting racially insensitive comments about Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama on the Internet.

Adam LaDuca, 21, the former executive director of the Pennsylvania Federation of College Republicans, wrote on his Facebook page in late July that Obama has "a pair of lips so large he could float half of Cuba to the shores of Miami (and probably would.)"

LaDuca, who previously had called Martin Luther King Jr. a "pariah" and a "fraud," also wrote: "And man, if sayin' someone has large lips is a racial slur, then we're ALL in trouble."

The College Republicans asked LaDuca to resign after his remarks were publicized by the Pennsylvania Progressive, a blog written by a Democratic committeeman from Berks County. The group announced LaDuca's resignation on its Web site Friday................

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080908/ap_on_el_pr/college_republicans_obama

It could get embarrassing for the GOP or at least it's most ignorant adherents, don't you know!?!?!?!??!!?!??!??!?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

actsnoblemartin
09-08-2008, 11:18 PM
it depends, it can be taken as a racial slur or it can be taken as a comment about his appearance, only black people have big lips :dunno:

overall, it could go either way

Better he resign now than later as the contest gets more intensive, don't you think?

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The leader of a statewide group of college Republicans has been forced to resign after posting racially insensitive comments about Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama on the Internet.

Adam LaDuca, 21, the former executive director of the Pennsylvania Federation of College Republicans, wrote on his Facebook page in late July that Obama has "a pair of lips so large he could float half of Cuba to the shores of Miami (and probably would.)"

LaDuca, who previously had called Martin Luther King Jr. a "pariah" and a "fraud," also wrote: "And man, if sayin' someone has large lips is a racial slur, then we're ALL in trouble."

The College Republicans asked LaDuca to resign after his remarks were publicized by the Pennsylvania Progressive, a blog written by a Democratic committeeman from Berks County. The group announced LaDuca's resignation on its Web site Friday................

It could get embarrassing for the GOP or at least it's most ignorant adherents, don't you know!?!?!?!??!!?!??!??!?

actsnoblemartin
09-08-2008, 11:20 PM
dont you think its kinda silly that anytime anyone is offended by anything anyone says, they have to resign, this isnt just a republican thing, look at geraldine ferraro, and the woman who was affiliated with obama, who said the kids looked like monkeys

america overall is way too sensitive in my opinion

Psychoblues
09-08-2008, 11:46 PM
I refuse to allow either his or your problems with the niggers to become my own, marteen.

Sleep tight and mighty white, OK?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!??

stephanie
09-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I refuse to allow either his or your problems with the niggers to become my own, marteen.

you've really turned into a nasty nappy headed ho..:slap:

NightTrain
09-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Captain!

We've reached 22 punctuation marks on that last post alone! Add that with the 6-smiley ending and it's critical!

That liver isn't gunna hold forever!

theHawk
09-09-2008, 12:15 AM
What next? You can't say Obama has the ears of a chimp?

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Actually, no, but I can say that you have the mouth of an idiot.

What next? You can't say Obama has the ears of a chimp?

Is that close enough or do I need to elaborate for your dumbass?

theHawk
09-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Is that close enough or do I need to elaborate for your dumbass?

Whats with the hostility brother? :dance:

NightTrain
09-09-2008, 12:45 AM
He gets irritable when Jonesy keeps calling out organ shutdown updates.

Ooops, there goes one kidney.

Yurt
09-09-2008, 12:56 AM
holy crap, the horrors....

let's wait for bamboo to post something about sinful libs....

i'll wait...actually, no, only one poster from maine waits around :laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 01:03 AM
"Chimp", your word. Do you think I am stupid?

Whats with the hostility brother? :dance:

Whatever, have a nice white evening, huk. Seriously, dude, you are genuinely sickening.

NightTrain
09-09-2008, 01:30 AM

Whoa now, hotrod.

Let's try to be culturally sensitive to other races and cultures, shall we?

Do that again and I'll have to ask someone to ban your sorry insensitive ass, I don't care if you are a liberal.

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 01:47 AM
You must have missed my byline under my screenname, dumbass.

Whoa now, hotrod.
Let's try to be culturally sensitive to other races and cultures, shall we?
Do that again and I'll have to ask someone to ban your sorry insensitive ass, I don't care if you are a liberal.

Ask away. You ain't getting no cherry off of Psychoblues, you insensitive sonofabitch!!!!!!!!!!

Suck this: :pee:

NightTrain
09-09-2008, 01:56 AM
You must have missed my byline under my screenname, dumbass.

Ask away. You ain't getting no cherry off of Psychoblues, you insensitive sonofabitch!!!!!!!!!!

Suck this: :pee:

I do believe I was the first one that banned your ignorant ass back in the day, so yes, I think I can claim Cherry rights :D

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 02:00 AM
Name the date and the message, asshole.

I do believe I was the first one that banned your ignorant ass back in the day, so yes, I think I can claim Cherry rights :D

You weren't shit then and you ain't shit now. And how do you figure I'm any more ignorant than you certainly are?

Do you care to debate this GOP student resignation or just fuck around with your rather obscure personal history anecdotes?

NightTrain
09-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Night night.

Drink lots of water prior to passing out, it helps with the hangover.

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Liars like you don't sleep well.

Night night.

Drink lots of water prior to passing out, it helps with the hangover.

I expect to see your sillyass very soon. On the other hand, g'nite, cowgirl. I would've hoped you could hang a bit longer than you did.

krisy
09-09-2008, 08:21 AM
While I think making fun of one's appearance doesn't accomplish much,I think society has become waaay too sensitive about this. I also don't think it was meant as a racial slur because I don't think the kid would have been stupid enough to put it on Facebook if he did mean it that way.

Maybe it's time for Dems to focus on important issues and stop pulling up every stupid or made up non important story they can find.

It aslo seems hypocrytical that he will get slammed for this,while we live in a country were black people can call each other the "N" word,but it's a crime if anyone else says it. How about Obama trying to make everyone forget that he is half white. Should whites be in an uproar and call him a racist? Some might think so after meeting Rev Wright,you know,his racist spiritual leader.

actsnoblemartin
09-09-2008, 08:28 PM
assuming how i feel about any race without asking me is very unfair. you should never put words in my or anyone elses mouth.

If you want to know my opinions thoughts or feelings on any issue, ill be happy to share.

actsnoblemartin
09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
i think those are some excellent points, we cant have an honest conversation about race, because many blacks, and some whites wont allow it

While I think making fun of one's appearance doesn't accomplish much,I think society has become waaay too sensitive about this. I also don't think it was meant as a racial slur because I don't think the kid would have been stupid enough to put it on Facebook if he did mean it that way.

Maybe it's time for Dems to focus on important issues and stop pulling up every stupid or made up non important story they can find.

It aslo seems hypocrytical that he will get slammed for this,while we live in a country were black people can call each other the "N" word,but it's a crime if anyone else says it. How about Obama trying to make everyone forget that he is half white. Should whites be in an uproar and call him a racist? Some might think so after meeting Rev Wright,you know,his racist spiritual leader.

Immanuel
09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Seems to me that he should resign and offer a sincere apology. It is the right thing to do for being so rude. It was inappropriate.

It was also extremely stupid if he had any plans on running for political office in the future as one would suspect he might being a GOP student leader. This will follow him around (and Dems won't even have to make things up about him) for the rest of his life as he already gave them the ammunition.

Then again, I suppose I owe Joe Steel an apology for getting pissed off at him after all his uncalled for attacks on me last week.

Immie

mundame
09-10-2008, 01:47 PM
it depends, it can be taken as a racial slur or it can be taken as a comment about his appearance, only black people have big lips

Well, don't forget Jimmy Carter ------------ HUGE lips. Supposed to be white, though.

The family lived in Georgia; presumably somebody got in the woodpile a couple generations before him.

hjmick
09-10-2008, 02:08 PM
For eight years Bush haters have compared him to, among other things, a chimp. That's probably one of the nicest comparisons the American public has heard. Now they're going to be "outraged" when someone applies the same sort of idiocy to their anointed savior? Really? Get over yourselves and STFU. Find something substantive to worry about and let's discuss that.

This kid is a moron for posting his thoughts on Obama's lips. He resigned and rightfully so. Move along, children, there is nothing to see here.