PDA

View Full Version : Black Republicans Conflicted Over Obama Vote

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 12:39 AM
I wonder haow all this is happening in the 2008 political climate?

Source: CNN 11Alive

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Polls indicate that about 7 percent of blacks describe themselves as Republicans. Some say they are torn this election between ideology and the chance to make history.

Among the Republicans who attended the Republican National Convention, 23-year-old Claudio Simpkins -- a third year law student at Harvard. His father is a life-long Democrat. But Claudio is supporting John McCain.

He says he knows a number of Black Republicans in a quandary between voting along party lines, versus supporting Barack Obama and the potential to make history with the first black president.

"Did you struggle with it at all?" he was asked.

"I did," Simpkins replied. "You can't deny the historical significance of all of this and Barack Obama is definitely an inspirational figure. He's a role model to me and I know a lot of young black people; young minorities. You can't discount that. But at the same time, historical significance isn't going to make America a better place."

For other black Republicans?

"For me, this election, I have to go with Barack Obama," said black Republican Kevin Ross...............

More: http://www.11alive.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=120883&catid=166

Maybe it's just a figment of their imagination?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2008, 05:06 AM
sort of like Democratic women.....

crin63
09-09-2008, 05:24 AM
If someone votes for Obama because he's Blackish they are racist, If someone doesn't vote for Obama because he's Blackish then they're racist.

I won't vote for him because I disagree with him. It has nothing to due with the color of his skin. I used to admire J.C. Watts but no longer as he is abandoning his once held beliefs to vote for another black man.

Yurt
09-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I wonder haow all this is happening in the 2008 political climate?

Maybe it's just a figment of their imagination?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

oh please do expound on your first question...explain to us why conservatives blacks and other blacks that are probably on the fence will vote for obama due to the 'historic' nature of this election race...

retiredman
09-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I would think that the embarrassingly tiny number of black delegates to the RNC might make some black republicans take pause and think that maybe the GOP really IS as racist as their democratic friends and family members have been telling them.

Yurt
09-09-2008, 04:43 PM
does anyone know how many blacks are leaders in the dem party?

this website says ZERO. is this website accurate?

http://www.democrats.org/a/party/ourleaders.html

Trigg
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Here's another question. How many prominent blacks were in the Clinton administration???????

Yurt
09-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Here's another question. How many prominent blacks were in the Clinton administration???????

i know this, i know this...wait

ZERO

and it did not matter if the black person was prominent, cigar boy, the first black president, would not actually have a black in his cabinent.

darin
09-09-2008, 05:38 PM
obama is white.

manu1959
09-09-2008, 05:40 PM
obama is white.

i agree that he is not black.........

MtnBiker
09-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I would think that the embarrassingly tiny number of black votes that Hillary recieved in the primary might make some black democrats take pause and think that maybe the Hillary campaign really was as racist as their democratic friends and family members have been telling them.

Immanuel
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
If someone votes for Obama because he's Blackish they are racist, If someone doesn't vote for Obama because he's Blackish then they're racist.

I won't vote for him because I disagree with him. It has nothing to due with the color of his skin. I used to admire J.C. Watts but no longer as he is abandoning his once held beliefs to vote for another black man.

Doesn't matter... you are still a racist. ;) j/k

oh please do expound on your first question...explain to us why conservatives blacks and other blacks that are probably on the fence will vote for obama due to the 'historic' nature of this election race...

Maybe someone should explain to them that a vote for the Republican ticket also brings about a historic outcome... as in the first female Vice President?

Immie

krisy
09-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I would think that the embarrassingly tiny number of black delegates to the RNC might make some black republicans take pause and think that maybe the GOP really IS as racist as their democratic friends and family members have been telling them.

What exactly has the GOP done to black people that you feel is racist?

Wanting them to support themselves and get into school or get a job on their own merit and not the color of their skin? Sounds like a party that wants them to have self respect.

crin63
09-09-2008, 08:55 PM
obama is white.

i agree that he is not black.........

That's why I said he is blackish.

retiredman
09-09-2008, 09:24 PM

Wanting them to support themselves and get into school or get a job on their own merit and not the color of their skin? Sounds like a party that wants them to have self respect.

I wonder why black americans vote with the democrats 90% of the time?

now I guess you must be saying that those lazy shiftless niggers just vote for the party that gives them walking around money so that they can go get drunk, eh?

Kathianne
09-09-2008, 09:29 PM

now I guess you must be saying that those lazy shiftless niggers just vote for the party that gives them walking around money so that they can go get drunk, eh?

You didn't answer her question. Instead you try to paint all but Dems as racists, and wonder why your party loses time and again. Hint, the real racists which are the Democrats have been exposed, time and again.

krisy
09-09-2008, 09:44 PM

Sounds like you just said it,not me.

What I asked you was...what has the GOP done to blacks that is racist.Then I pointed out that they want good for blacks by them achieving on their own merit.

Why more black people vote for Democrats I really don't know. Some of the blacks I know don't seem to really know why they are voting for the Democrat.During conversations about politics,most of them sound like they would be happier with the Republican party.

Nice attempt to make me look racist tho,it won't work

Gaffer
09-09-2008, 09:46 PM

As usual you didn't answer the question.

manu1959
09-09-2008, 11:24 PM

i do as well.....the have been votin for all yall and it never gets any better for em.....makes ya wonder when they will figure it out.....

Kathianne
09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
i do as well.....the have been votin for all yall and it never gets any better for em.....makes ya wonder when they will figure it out.....

I think it will be coming, whether or not Obama wins. Truth of the matter, the majority of Blacks are educated and will recognize the difference between 'hope' and 'practicality.' But not with Obama on the scene.

retiredman
09-10-2008, 06:22 AM
You didn't answer her question. Instead you try to paint all but Dems as racists, and wonder why your party loses time and again. Hint, the real racists which are the Democrats have been exposed, time and again.

Hint: if the democrats were the "real racists", you'd be able to explain why an overwhelming majority of black americans vote democratic and remain involved in democratic party politics. You can't.

MtnBiker
09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
I would think that the embarrassingly tiny number of black votes that Hillary recieved in the primary might make some black democrats take pause and think that maybe the Hillary campaign really was as racist as their democratic friends and family members have been telling them.

retiredman
09-10-2008, 08:59 AM
would you? I would think that black democrats would be well aware of why they and their fellow black democrats voted the way that they did, and I don't imagine that many of them think there was a lot of racism in the Hillary campaign that was driving those decisions.

MtnBiker
09-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Hillary's campaign must have been racists, she recieved an embarrasingly low number of votes from black voters. An overwhelming majority of black americans voted Obama and not Hillary, their platforms were very much the same.

retiredman
09-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Hillary's campaign must have been racists, she recieved an embarrasingly low number of votes from black voters. An overwhelming majority of black americans voted Obama and not Hillary, their platforms were very much the same.

that is your opinion. I disagree. Black americans identify with Obama just like hockey moms identify with Sarah Palin.

crin63
09-10-2008, 09:38 AM
that is your opinion. I disagree. Black americans identify with Obama just like hockey moms identify with Sarah Palin.

If mothers who have children that play hockey identify with another mother who has children that play hockey which in this case is Sarah Palin.

Then the logical conclusion of your argument is that Black Americans identify with another black person which in this case is Barak Obama.

Based on your argument then those who voted for Obama did so based on the color of his skin and that makes them racists. It would also be implicit that they didn't vote for a white person in this case Hillary because she isn't black.

theHawk
09-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Almost every black person I know can't stand Obama. They're all former military, all staunch conservatives.

crin63
09-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Almost every black person I know can't stand Obama. They're all former military, all staunch conservatives.

My black friends do not support Obama but their families do.

I had a, "NObama 08" bumper sticker on my truck and my black friends asked where they could those stickers.

Yurt
09-10-2008, 08:06 PM

good question

it is illogical to claim that simply because more blacks vote for dems that this must mean dem party is not racist...how many followers did jim jones have?

retiredman
09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
good question

it is illogical to claim that simply because more blacks vote for dems that this must mean dem party is not racist...how many followers did jim jones have?

if your are trying to suggest that the vast majority of african americans can be likened to Jim Jones supporters, I would suggest that you probably might not want to broadcast that opinion to broadly.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
if your are trying to suggest that the vast majority of african americans can be likened to Jim Jones supporters, I would suggest that you probably might not want to broadcast that opinion to broadly.

why do the poor and blacks keep voting for a party that hasn't improved their situtation.....

retiredman
09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
why do the poor and blacks keep voting for a party that hasn't improved their situtation.....

I would guess to avoid voting for a party that they think would make their situation much worse.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I would guess to avoid voting for a party that they think would make their situation much worse.

that's it.......we can't help you.... but if you don't vote us in it will get worse.....

retiredman
09-10-2008, 10:31 PM
that's it.......we can't help you.... but if you don't vote us in it will get worse.....

I never said that my party has said such a thing. I answered your question honestly as to why black americans might vote for democrats. If you can't deal with that, I'm sorry.

Yurt
09-10-2008, 11:40 PM

of course you know i am not suggesting that. i am suggesting that merely because people follow something does not make that something right. but you knew that, you just like to mince words.

retiredman
09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
of course you know i am not suggesting that. i am suggesting that merely because people follow something does not make that something right. but you knew that, you just like to mince words.

and you feel you are competent to tell the vast majority of black americans that that they are following is not right? PLEASE try to make that case....PLEASE convince the california republican party to take out national ads telling black americans that their support for the democratic party is just not right...why? because YURT says so! I am sure that those ads will turn the entire political landscape on its head!:laugh2:

Yurt
09-11-2008, 12:15 AM
and you feel you are competent to tell the vast majority of black americans that that they are following is not right? PLEASE try to make that case....PLEASE convince the california republican party to take out national ads telling black americans that their support for the democratic party is just not right...why? because YURT says so! I am sure that those ads will turn the entire political landscape on its head!:laugh2:

and yet you are competent to tell the republicans that their platform is wrong? and you are competent to say i hate obama because you say so. sure thing boss.

:salute:

retiredman
09-11-2008, 12:26 AM
and yet you are competent to tell the republicans that their platform is wrong? and you are competent to say i hate obama because you say so. sure thing boss.

:salute:

I do not believe in the republican party platform. I know that you do. I have said, on several occasions, that it is my OPINION that you hate Obama based upon numerous obsessive posts that you have made about his every little move or statement over these past few months. YOu can claim that you do NOT hate him, but I would suggest that the body of work you have posted here over the last four or five months would tend to disprove that claim.

Psychoblues
09-11-2008, 03:14 AM
Do you understand how ridiculous you sound when you're drinking, crin63?

My black friends do not support Obama but their families do.

I had a, "NObama 08" bumper sticker on my truck and my black friends asked where they could those stickers.

I would be watching after my truck if I were you.

bullypulpit
09-11-2008, 06:50 AM
What's to be conflicted about? The last Republican to anything for African-Americans was Abraham Lincoln.

Trigg
09-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I never said that my party has said such a thing. I answered your question honestly as to why black americans might vote for democrats. If you can't deal with that, I'm sorry.

Your only answer was, if they vote republican their situation will get worse, that's your only answer for why the poor and blacks vote dem???????

Whatever

manu1959
09-11-2008, 01:07 PM
What's to be conflicted about? The last Republican to anything for African-Americans was Abraham Lincoln.

and the last dem.....

manu1959
09-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Your only answer was, if they vote republican their situation will get worse, that's your only answer for why the poor and blacks vote dem???????

Whatever

you got it under the dems.....vote for us and it won't get any worse.....won't get any better but it won't get any worse.....

and under the pubs, oh and clinton, the rich get richer....and the poor get poorer as if it is not possible to go from poor to rich .....
and it is a zero sum game .....

crin63
09-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you understand how ridiculous you sound when you're drinking, crin63?

I would be watching after my truck if I were you.

I must sound ridiculous on an ongoing basis since I don't drink. :coffee: I can live with that though.

I always put magnets on my bumper stickers so I can change them as my mood strikes to say something different. One of my favorites is the one that says, "Green is the new Red" with a green hammer and sickle. I just know that Libs are gasping as they see it and that's worth the risk of getting my truck keyed as I giggle driving down the freeway.

I gave my NObama stickers away to friends that work in Beverly Hills and The Valley so they would have the greatest amount of offense as they are proudly displayed. I have to make some more for myself and my other friends that placed orders.

I'd offer something stronger than sarsaparilla after this post but it's the best I can do since I don't do alcohol.

Psychoblues
09-13-2008, 01:56 AM
Okaaaaaaay, c'63, you're not a drinker but you do abide the caffeine. That's in some circles acceptable. You are also a liar, a christian, an observer of truth that you can only imagine and a promoter of a particular very wrong set of American values. I can go through this point by point if you wish.

I must sound ridiculous on an ongoing basis since I don't drink. :coffee: I can live with that though.

I always put magnets on my bumper stickers so I can change them as my mood strikes to say something different. One of my favorites is the one that says, "Green is the new Red" with a green hammer and sickle. I just know that Libs are gasping as they see it and that's worth the risk of getting my truck keyed as I giggle driving down the freeway.

I gave my NObama stickers away to friends that work in Beverly Hills and The Valley so they would have the greatest amount of offense as they are proudly displayed. I have to make some more for myself and my other friends that placed orders.

I'd offer something stronger than sarsaparilla after this post but it's the best I can do since I don't do alcohol.

I'll take the saspirilly and thank you much for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magnets on your bumper stickers? Green is the new red? I'm green/red color blind but even I can see the fallacy in that one!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think the Valley is offended by Obama stickers? Keep up your display!!!!!!!!!!! You only diminish yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless you and God Bless America. And I don't mean that only in a rhetorical sense!!!!!!!!!!!

crin63
09-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Okaaaaaaay, c'63, you're not a drinker but you do abide the caffeine. That's in some circles acceptable. You are also a liar, a christian, an observer of truth that you can only imagine and a promoter of a particular very wrong set of American values. I can go through this point by point if you wish.

I'll take the saspirilly and thank you much for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magnets on your bumper stickers? Green is the new red? I'm green/red color blind but even I can see the fallacy in that one!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think the Valley is offended by Obama stickers? Keep up your display!!!!!!!!!!! You only diminish yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless you and God Bless America. And I don't mean that only in a rhetorical sense!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey PB, I'm quite curious wherein you think I am a liar.

Psychoblues
09-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Read back through the post, crin. It's not my fault if you find it confusing.

Hey PB, I'm quite curious wherein you think I am a liar.

Subtlety is rather lost on you, isn't it?

crin63
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Read back through the post, crin. It's not my fault if you find it confusing.

Subtlety is rather lost on you, isn't it?

I guess it is and you will just have to think of me as a liar because I still don't know what you are in reference to. Unless you are black and consider yourself my friend then I see no problems. If that's the case than I will amend my statement, limit it to my local friends and ask forgiveness for putting words in your mouth.

Psychoblues
09-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I would repeat the post for you, crin, if I thought it would do any good but you readily admit that subtlety is indeed lost on you.

I guess it is and you will just have to think of me as a liar because I still don't know what you are in reference to. Unless you are black and consider yourself my friend then I see no problems. If that's the case than I will amend my statement, limit it to my local friends and ask forgiveness for putting words in your mouth.

I won't even begin to point out your failures to comprehend irony, farce and other equally chaotic concepts.

I am not considered to be "black" from a racial POV by anyone that I know, but you can certainly consider me to be so if that makes you feel any better about your friendship with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!