PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin fumbles On Fannie, Freddie

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 01:09 AM
I didn't expect much else. Did you?

Source: Chicago Tribune

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin stumbled this weekend when she commented on the federal takeover of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The Huffington Post "helpfully" pointed out her mistake to anyone who missed it the first time around.

Speaking before voters in Colorado Springs, the Republican vice presidential nominee claimed that lending giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers." The companies, as McClatchy reported, "aren't taxpayer funded but operate as private companies. The takeover may result in a taxpayer bailout during reorganization."

Economists and analysts pounced on the misstatement, saying it demonstrated a lack of understanding about one of the key economic issues likely to face the next administration.

More: http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/09/sarah_palin_fumbles_on_fannie.html

It could've been sooooooooo much better for common Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

NightTrain
09-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Swamppolitics.com?

Are you shitting me?

Let's focus on that promised suicide, shall we?

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Go right ahead, NT!!!!!!!!!!!

Swamppolitics.com?

Are you shitting me?

Let's focus on that promised suicide, shall we?

Or are you every bit the chickenshit you expose yourself to be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

NightTrain
09-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Don't think so, Slick.

Keep your posts to associated press stories or stay home. I can dredge up a million bloggers.

Thanks again for that stunning "Progressive Curmudgeon" blogger (since June '08!) post you tried to pass off as legit.

We've gotten miles of fun out of Anonymous Waitress jokes.

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 01:50 AM
She is a dumbass like you. Admit it.

Rick OShea
09-09-2008, 02:01 AM
By the time she is sworn in Freddie and Fannie will certainly be wholly owned by the taxpayers.

What's the diff?

Are you being paid by the DNC for this stellar work you are performing here?

Surely these posts should be listed on your resume.

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/Surf_Fishing_Guru/palin_farewell.jpg

Yurt
09-09-2008, 02:12 AM
so obama is running against palin LOOOOL

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Obama is running against McCain, dumbo. Biden will clean the clock of Palin in short order. Nothing sexist or racist about that, is there?

NightTrain
09-09-2008, 02:25 AM
so obama is running against palin LOOOOL

Yes indeed.

Every Moonbat in the nation suddenly forgot all about McCain after Palin spoke her first words on the National Stage.

They immediately recognized doom, hence all the 'anonymous waitress' et al stories.

:laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-09-2008, 02:35 AM
If you are fantasizing about her handling your snake, NT, you can forget it.

Yes indeed.

Every Moonbat in the nation suddenly forgot all about McCain after Palin spoke her first words on the National Stage.

They immediately recognized doom, hence all the 'anonymous waitress' et al stories.

She is into Eskimos.

CatalystOfChaos
09-09-2008, 03:04 AM
She is into Eskimos.

I've got a parka.

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2008, 04:57 AM
true, a mistake....but a mistake made by every news outlet I have heard in the last two weeks.....those calling it a bailout fail to realize that it isn't a bailout but a statutory obligation that we have always had......

crin63
09-09-2008, 05:16 AM
Call me selfish but the feds are killing me. I'm sitting here waiting to buy my first house and they keep propping up the market with bailouts. It keeps extending the inevitable crash that many including myself believe is still coming.

I understand that there would be trillions of dollars in lost homes if they didn't but people have to be responsible for their own actions as well. It wasn't all the lenders fault. It was like watching crazed drug addicts running around buying houses. Appraisal price was the bottom where the bidding began. You could not buy a home at the appraised value because people, mostly Chinese were bidding $40k, $50k even a $100k over the value in order to get the homes. I like Chinese people so don't think that was a racist slam, it was just a simple truth here in Los Angeles.

My other issue is that camel has its shoulders under the tent now. I hate to see the government keep taking over more and more power.

09-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Sounds like she got it right to me. We shouldnt be supporting them.

Abbey Marie
09-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Yes indeed.

Don't forget the "suburban homemaker and activist". She's got some dirt, too. Soon we will see them posting that some anonymous third grader said Gov. Palin took her pencil and didn't give it back.

crin63
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Hey PB, I would think that you would be more outraged by the failure of these institutions, the lack of planned prosecutions and that its going to cost taxpayers allot of money to bailout both of them.

It was mismanagement on the part of both, huge salaries for the executives and should be scrutinized in the same light as Enron. I would expect the same outcry from everyone that we heard when it was Enron.

By the way here's a tall cool sarsaparilla for you.

theHawk
09-09-2008, 08:50 PM
I didn't expect much else. Did you?

Source: Chicago Tribune

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin stumbled this weekend when she commented on the federal takeover of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The Huffington Post "helpfully" pointed out her mistake to anyone who missed it the first time around.

Speaking before voters in Colorado Springs, the Republican vice presidential nominee claimed that lending giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers." The companies, as McClatchy reported, "aren't taxpayer funded but operate as private companies. The takeover may result in a taxpayer bailout during reorganization."

Economists and analysts pounced on the misstatement, saying it demonstrated a lack of understanding about one of the key economic issues likely to face the next administration.

More: http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/09/sarah_palin_fumbles_on_fannie.html

It could've been sooooooooo much better for common Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!

That statement is 100% FALSE. Fannie Mae does not operate as a private company. Its run by the US GOVERNMENT. It was a GOVERNMENT AGENCY created by FDR. How fucking stupid can you be PB???? It was later privatized, so it was privately "owned" but was still run by the US government. You think the US government running something doesn't cost the taxpayers anything?? Get a clue pb!

How many private companies do you know of that are run by the US government pb? Fess up!!!

Kathianne
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
That statement is 100% FALSE. Fannie Mae does not operate as a private company. Its run by the US GOVERNMENT. It was a GOVERNMENT AGENCY created by FDR. How fucking stupid can you be PB???? It was later privatized, so it was privately "owned" but was still run by the US government. You think the US government running something doesn't cost the taxpayers anything?? Get a clue pb!

How many private companies do you know of that are run by the US government pb? Fess up!!!

The Post office of the US. Since it was privatized, how well has it performed regarding either service or costs? Tells us something.