PDA

View Full Version : Evidence of Miss Wasilla's Deceit

Joe Steel
09-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Maybe Miss Wasilla didn't know how much earmark money she's gotten for Alaska. Maybe she's not deceitful; just stupid.

"Just the other day our opponent brought up earmarks — and frankly I was surprised that he would even raise the subject at all," Palin said. "I thought he wouldn't want to go there."

Obama hasn't asked for any earmarks this year. Last year, he asked for $311 million worth, about $25 for every Illinois resident. Alaska asked this year for earmarks totaling $198 million, about $295 for every Alaska citizen.

McCain, Palin criticize Obama on earmarks (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g8V1eNDReg1jMgf5oGmbAKWOuoPAD932NQ6G0)

stephanie
09-09-2008, 12:18 PM
:laugh2:

golly the AP sounds like a commerical for the Obambam campaign...

I'm shocked..

theHawk
09-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Gee, another anti-Palin thread started by our resident Communist!

Little-Acorn
09-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Gee, another anti-Palin thread started by our resident Communist!

And supported by our resident troll-feeders.

Again.

And again.

(sigh)

darin
09-09-2008, 12:41 PM
How is anything she said decietful? If you count caribu, it's only about $10 per resident of AK.

This thread drops the over-all IQ points of the board by 5%

Joe Steel
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
How is anything she said decietful? If you count caribu, it's only about $10 per resident of AK.

This thread drops the over-all IQ points of the board by 5%

Only because you posted to it.

Palin tried to make Obama-Biden appear to support earmarks but, by implication, that McCain-Palin didn't.

That's deceitful.

darin
09-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Without specifics and history of ear-marks by candidate, your thread is worthless.

theHawk
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Only because you posted to it.

Palin tried to make Obama-Biden appear to support earmarks but, by implication, that McCain-Palin didn't.

That's deceitful.

I hope you realize that earmarks are passed by Congress. They had to go through the house and senate, you know, where Biden and Obama are (McCain too of course).

I don't see how you can blame earmarks on local government officials, they come from the federal level. So even if Alaska received earmarks, why are you not blamming the Congress that gave it to them?

Joe Steel
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Without specifics and history of ear-marks by candidate, your thread is worthless.

Start with the linked article. As the thread title indicated, it's evidence.

theHawk
09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Palin has cut back on pork project requests, but under her administration, Alaska is still and by far the largest per-capita consumer of federal pet-project spending.

Its also very misleading to say they have the highest "per-capita" spending. Alaska is by far the largest state, and has one of the smallest populations, so of course "per-capita consumer" on any subject would be way out of wack. If they get one road built it effects far fewer people, so yes there is more money spent per person. The fact that they got over $100 million less than Illinois is amazing, considering how utterly huge Alaska is.

Joe Steel
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I hope you realize that earmarks are passed by Congress. They had to go through the house and senate, you know, where Biden and Obama are (McCain too of course).

I don't see how you can blame earmarks on local government officials, they come from the federal level. So even if Alaska received earmarks, why are you not blamming the Congress that gave it to them?

That's a fair argument but it's not quite on-point. In this campaign, we're being told to consider the candidates' attitude toward earmarks. A hostile president could veto a bill with earmarks. Palin is implying McCain-Palin would do that but Obama-Biden wouldn't.

darin
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Joe - if ONLY this was enough:

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/25/mccainisnotth128641571259047544.jpg

That's a fair argument but it's not quite on-point. In this campaign, we're being told to consider the candidates' attitude toward earmarks. A hostile president could veto a bill with earmarks. Palin is implying McCain-Palin would do that but Obama-Biden wouldn't.

her quote only implies it's stupid for somebody clearly supportive/working FOR earmarks to accuse another politician of trying to secure funds for THEIR constituents.

theHawk
09-09-2008, 01:13 PM

That would be because Obama bin Biden and their party have been passing earmarks, they control the Congress don't you know?