theHawk
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
OOPS!!!! The truth slips out!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVn59TC2QqM&feature=related

stephanie
09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh oh..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZiqexz7aqQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZiqexz7aqQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiqexz7aqQ&eurl=http://sweetness-light.com/

Abbey Marie
09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
DANG! What an awesome find. :clap:

retiredman
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
DANG! What an awesome find. :clap:

omigod...fer sure...it is just totally awesome, like wow.:lame2:

midcan5
09-09-2008, 01:40 PM
TheHawk,

I wasn't aware Muslims are the children of a different God than yours! And in a country that prides itself on the separation of church and state why do you keep bringing religion into the conversation, are you from another country that doesn't respect religious differences?

Yurt
09-09-2008, 02:00 PM
well...Qadhafi backs up that obama is a muslim...and that muslims over there have contributed to obama's campaign.

theHawk
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
TheHawk,

I wasn't aware Muslims are the children of a different God than yours! And in a country that prides itself on the separation of church and state why do you keep bringing religion into the conversation, are you from another country that doesn't respect religious differences?

All people are the children of God, however Muslims worship a different one than I. The country that I live in does not "pride itself on separation of church and state". That ideology belongs solely to the left wing fringe of my country. Our country provides for freedom and tolerance of religion. The subject of this thread is not debating any of that. Its simply to point out that Obama is trying to deceive and hide who he really is. If he is a Muslim, or ever was a Mulism, why does he not just come out and say it? This gaffe tells us alot about Obama, it tells us he still thinks of himself as a Muslim (even if he isn't practicing). People are free to pick whatever religion they want, just as the rest of us are free to trust someone of a certain religion. When Americans see the background of Obama, a boy raised in Muslim teachings, and for twenty years sat in a liberation theology church that taught anti-Americanism and spewed racism towrards whites, they have every right to distrust such an individual.

retiredman
09-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Its simply to point out that Obama is trying to deceive and hide who he really is. If he is a Muslim, or ever was a Mulism, why does he not just come out and say it?

He has been quite clear, on numerous occasions, that he is not now, nor has he ever been a muslim. The fact that you adamantly refuse to listen or believe is YOUR problem.

theHawk
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Then why would he blurt out that McCain has not been going after his Muslims faith?

CockySOB
09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
He has been quite clear, on numerous occasions, that he is not now, nor has he ever been a muslim. The fact that you adamantly refuse to listen or believe is YOUR problem.

The problem is that in listening to the clip in the OP, Obama himself mentions his own Muslim faith, right before correcting himself to say Christian faith. This is straight from Obama's mouth, and I don't see any evidence to suggest the clip has been faked or altered in any way.

The question is rightly this: did Obama make a Freudian slip and mention his true faith? Or was this a simple case of his getting tongue-tied and mixing up the words he spoke with perhaps other thoughts he was thinking. Had he been speaking from his heart, I doubt Obama would have made such a misstep since his subconcious thoughts would have been in direct accord with his conscious mind and the words he spoke. Instead, I believe that he was too intent on crafting the "politically expedient" answer and in doing so his subconscious inserted "Muslim" for "Christian" as perhaps Obama was wanting to make a point of his own Christian beliefs. And that's the best possible interpretation of what happened. The more damagin interpretation is that Obama really does hold Muslim beliefs and that his "Christianity" is a facade.

retiredman
09-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Then why would he blurt out that McCain has not been going after his Muslims faith?

he didn't blurt out anything. He stated that McCain had not gone directly after the Obama is a muslim rumor like many others had. If he worded it less than clearly, I understand that...clearly you don't and have no desire to. Whatever.

retiredman
09-09-2008, 02:29 PM
The problem is that in listening to the clip in the OP, Obama himself mentions his own Muslim faith, right before correcting himself to say Christian faith. This is straight from Obama's mouth, and I don't see any evidence to suggest the clip has been faked or altered in any way.

The question is rightly this: did Obama make a Freudian slip and mention his true faith? Or was this a simple case of his getting tongue-tied and mixing up the words he spoke with perhaps other thoughts he was thinking. Had he been speaking from his heart, I doubt Obama would have made such a misstep since his subconcious thoughts would have been in direct accord with his conscious mind and the words he spoke. Instead, I believe that he was too intent on crafting the "politically expedient" answer and in doing so his subconscious inserted "Muslim" for "Christian" as perhaps Obama was wanting to make a point of his own Christian beliefs. And that's the best possible interpretation of what happened. The more damagin interpretation is that Obama really does hold Muslim beliefs and that his "Christianity" is a facade.

If you had ever heard him speak at length about his Christian faith - and I have - you would know that it is not a facade.

Yurt
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM

that was only after he said mccain likes to throw a rock and hide his hand and stephanopoulos called him on it and said mccain has never said anything about that

and if he had not stopped obama and said christian faith...maybe obama would have further confessed

Immanuel
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM
well...Qadhafi backs up that obama is a muslim...and that muslims over there have contributed to obama's campaign.

Okay, I have to ask this:

When have you ever believed anything Moamar Qadhafi said? Until now that is. ;)

Immie

darin
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
To me, his 'slip' is a non-issue. I'm sure he's not a Christian. Thus, whatever fake god he may worship doesn't bother me. :)

Immanuel
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
If he is a Muslim, or ever was a Mulism, why does he not just come out and say it? This gaffe tells us alot about Obama, it tells us he still thinks of himself as a Muslim (even if he isn't practicing).

If this is the same soundbite as the one in the other thread, I am not at a place that I can view this soundbite, then I would have to disagree with you. It sounded to me like what Mr. Obama was saying was that McCain had not attacked him by accusing him of being a Muslim.

I can't swear to that, but that was the impression I got from watching it last night.

And if that is the case, then how different is Obama from Bush when speaking off the cuff? We've seen Obama screw up several times with his wording. If this keeps up and they elect Obama, they will owe Bush an apology. Don't hold your breath though.

Immie

Yurt
09-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Okay, I have to ask this:

When have you ever believed anything Moamar Qadhafi said? Until now that is. ;)

Immie

he is a pillar of truth and if he says obama is a muslim, i believe him

Abbey Marie
09-09-2008, 03:47 PM
omigod...fer sure...it is just totally awesome, like wow.:lame2:

Hey Hawk, I mean, dude, did I remember to rep you for this totally awesome find?

Sitarro
09-09-2008, 04:09 PM

Come on now Cocky, didn't you hear, Osama is a Harvard Grad, top of his class, great political speech maker........ how could someone like he become tongue tied, that's for guys like President Bush.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro
09-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh oh..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZiqexz7aqQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZiqexz7aqQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiqexz7aqQ&eurl=http://sweetness-light.com/

Wow, with the columns behind him and the crowds holding up signs and chanting, I almost thought we were looking at Osama's final speech at the DNC. I didn't realize Qadhafi was such a powerful speaker, he employs the same pregnant pauses as the ONE...... BHO.:laugh2:

Yurt
09-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Hey Hawk, I mean, dude, did I remember to rep you for this totally awesome find?

there is nothing wrong with saying 'dude' :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
09-09-2008, 04:22 PM
there is nothing wrong with saying 'dude' :laugh2:

Dude Dude
Dude Dude
Dude Dude
Dude Dude
Dude Dude
and...
Dude

Yurt
09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Dude Dude
Dude Dude
Dude Dude
Dude Dude
Dude Dude
and...
Dude

Duuude

theHawk
09-09-2008, 04:31 PM
he didn't blurt out anything. He stated that McCain had not gone directly after the Obama is a muslim rumor like many others had. If he worded it less than clearly, I understand that...clearly you don't and have no desire to. Whatever.

He said that McCain did not go after him on "my muslim faith". It wasn't until after Stephanopolous interrupted him and said,"uh...you mean your Christian faith right?" Thats when Obama corrected himself, and smiled, as if this is all just a big fucking joke to him.

retiredman
09-09-2008, 04:32 PM
He said that McCain did not go after him on "my muslim faith". It wasn't until after Stephanopolous interrupted him and said,"uh...you mean your Christian faith right?" Thats when Obama corrected himself, and smiled, as if this is all just a big fucking joke to him.

that is your understandably twisted partisan opinion... most rational folks don't share it.

"as if" :laugh2:

Yurt
09-09-2008, 04:38 PM
that is your understandably twisted partisan opinion... most rational folks don't share it.

"as if" :laugh2:

and you've taken a poll?

emmett
09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Have y'all seen the fox news video clip of Brit hume reporting on Barack's brother, the muslim who insists that he and Barack are Muslim. It clearly showns Barack Obama dressed in Muslim get up posing for a picture he took with his brother in 1985 when they met. Go look that up and tell me it isn't what you will clearly see.

Barack Obama is the anti-christ!

midcan5
09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Its simply to point out that Obama is trying to deceive and hide who he really is. If he is a Muslim, or ever was a Mulism, why does he not just come out and say it?

You have to be a fool to think that a mistake in conversation when you are contrasting two ideas does not happen often. Are you?

America for Dummies: A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to sanction book banning and creationism as science.

Yurt
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
You have to be a fool to think that a mistake in conversation when you are contrasting two ideas does not happen often. Are you?

America for Dummies: A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to sanction book banning and creationism as science.

a great leader in north africa says obama is a muslim, are you calling that great leader a liar?

Kathianne
09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
a great leader in north africa says obama is a muslim, are you calling that great leader a liar?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/179905/campaign_now_says_barak_hussein_obama.html

While CNN proved false the claims that Senator Barak Hussein Obama had been raised in a radical Islamic madrassa, today, the LA Times reports that his childhood friends and teachers report that as a boy Obama was registered as a Muslim, studied the Koran in a Muslim school, and prayed at the local mosque...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=74635

...But the campaign changed its tune when it issued a "practicing Muslim" clarification to the Los Angeles Times.

An article in March by the Chicago Tribune apparently disputes Adi's statements to the L.A. paper. The Tribune caught up with Obama's declared childhood friend, who now describes himself as only knowing Obama for a few months in 1970 when his family moved to the neighborhood. Adi said he was unsure about his recollections of Obama.

But the Tribune found Obama did attend mosque.

"Interviews with dozens of former classmates, teachers, neighbors and friends show that Obama was not a regular practicing Muslim when he was in Indonesia," states the Tribune article.

It quotes the presidential candidate's former neighbors and third-grade teacher recalling Obama "occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers."

Daniel Pipes, director of the Middle East Forum, notes the Tribune article – cited by liberal blogs as refuting claims Obama is Muslim – actually implies Obama was an irregularly practicing Muslim and twice confirms Obama attended mosque services.

In a free-ranging interview with the New York Times, Obama described the Muslim call to prayer as "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset."

The Times' Nicholos Kristof wrote Obama recited, "with a first-class [Arabic] accent," the opening lines of the Muslim call to prayer.

The first few lines of the call to prayer state:

Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet ...

Some attention also has been paid to Obama's paternal side of the family, including his father and his brother, Roy.

Writing in a chapter of his book describing his 1992 wedding, the presidential candidate stated: "The person who made me proudest of all was Roy. Actually, now we call him Abongo, his Luo name, for two years ago he decided to reassert his African heritage. He converted to Islam and has sworn off pork and tobacco and alcohol."

Still, Obama says he was raised by his Christian mother and repeatedly has labeled as "smears" several reports attempting to paint him as a Muslim.

"Let's make clear what the facts are: I am a Christian. I have been sworn in with a Bible. I pledge allegiance [to the American flag] and lead the Pledge of Allegiance sometimes in the United States Senate when I'm presiding," he told the Times of London earlier this year.

Yurt
09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
so obama is a muslim, as long as that gets him into office, and if not, he is a christian and attends a church where the preacher DAMNS america. and the preacher curses hillary clinton for daring to run against the messiah hisssself.

CockySOB
09-09-2008, 08:03 PM
If you had ever heard him speak at length about his Christian faith - and I have - you would know that it is not a facade.

Of course I have also heard you talk about your "Christian faith," and I've watched how you carry yourself - the two don't jibe. So just because someone talks the talk, doesn't mean they walk the walk.

As for Obama, I tend to believe that his "faith" is as insincere as the man himself is. The way I see it, Obama is using "faith" and trying to manufacture custom versions of his own "faith" to pander to whatever group he is talking to. This is not a man of principles, nor of faith, but a simple pandering politician trying to speak sweet words to get himself into a position of power and/or prestige. Obama is a clever man, and I do NOT mean that in a complimentary sense of the word.

Immanuel
09-09-2008, 08:33 PM

Qadhafi?

If I'm not mistaken that entire clip was translated. I didn't watch much of it.

Maybe it is not the "Great leader" in North Africa that is lying? Just throwing what if's here. I'm not so certain you are not just playing games.

Immie

Yurt
09-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Qadhafi?

If I'm not mistaken that entire clip was translated. I didn't watch much of it.

Maybe it is not the "Great leader" in North Africa that is lying? Just throwing what if's here. I'm not so certain you are not just playing games.

Immie

:cool:

Immanuel
09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
:cool:

Hehe, that is what I thought.

Immie