PDA

View Full Version : What is more important?

MtnBiker
09-09-2008, 06:20 PM
For the economy to grow.

or

The gap between the rich and poor to decrease?

manu1959
09-09-2008, 06:21 PM
For the economy to grow.

or

A

April15
09-09-2008, 06:26 PM
For the economy to grow.

or

You need consumers spending to have growth in an economy. And to grow they need to have more disposable income to consume more than they did. It is not so much the gap but the lack of income growth for the majority or what is called the middle class.

Kathianne
09-09-2008, 06:27 PM
For the economy to grow.

or

The economy, without growth all will suffer a decrease in their standard of living.

Mr. P
09-09-2008, 06:32 PM
The left wants the (economic) pie cut into equal slices...

The right wants to make a bigger (economic) pie. You may have a smaller slice than the next guy but it will be bigger than now, even without extra work.

I'll go with the bigger pie and work for my LARGE slice.

April15
09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
The left wants the (economic) pie cut into equal slices...

The right wants to make a bigger (economic) pie. You may have a smaller slice than the next guy but it will be bigger than now, even without extra work.

I'll go with the bigger pie and work for my LARGE slice.What Obama is proposing is to make the pie whole instead of only partially there.

Kathianne
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
What Obama is proposing is to make the pie whole instead of only partially there.

As is becoming crystal, Obama hasn't a clue to what is needed. The 'season' has been too long for him. He might be 'worthy' in 2016, but he may have blown it all now.

Mr. P
09-09-2008, 06:41 PM
What Obama is proposing is to make the pie whole instead of only partially there.

whole ??? No he wants the pie government issued and controlled, bud!

09-09-2008, 10:21 PM
The growth in the economy will always increase the gap between rich and poor. And if that gap decreases its always because the economy has contracted. After all, the poor will always have the same amount: 0.

Abbey Marie
09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
For the economy to grow.

or

This sound sounds just like our school district. There number one stated goal is not to improve our childrens education, but to "close the achievement gap". In case anyone isn't familiar with that term, it's liberal-speak for producing a smaller margin in grades/test scores between the white kids and the black kids. Whether the gap closes by blacks doing better, or whites doing worse, is simply not a concern. And that is where the dollars and time go.

manu1959
09-09-2008, 11:13 PM
You need consumers spending to have growth in an economy. And to grow they need to have more disposable income to consume more than they did. It is not so much the gap but the lack of income growth for the majority or what is called the middle class.

and now for a business 101 quiz.......how does one achieve income growth and where does the money come from to grow their income.............

Kathianne
09-09-2008, 11:13 PM
This sound sounds just like our school district. There number one stated goal is not to improve our childrens education, but to "close the achievement gap". In case anyone isn't familiar with that term, it's liberal-speak for producing a smaller margin in grades/test scores between the white kids and the black kids. Whether the gap closes by blacks doing better, or whites doing worse, is simply not a concern. And that is where the dollars and time go.

In our school it means between the bright and the less bright, race has nothing to do with it. I think it depends on the school/district.

Abbey Marie
09-09-2008, 11:16 PM
In our school it means between the bright and the less bright, race has nothing to do with it. I think it depends on the school/district.

Yeah, in ours, they always publish test scores broken down by race, and then start crying about how, gosh darn it, they are going to close that gap!

(Sorry if I derailed the thread).

Kathianne
09-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, in ours, they always publish test scores broken down by race, and then start crying about how, gosh darn it, they are going to close that gap!

(Sorry if I derailed the thread).

Hmm, in our public school district too. Actually in our private school, the breakdown is listed, but not statistically significant for most. It is for Hispanics and Asians, no difference. Might that be the starting point, of no favoritism? Maybe it's just the 'our' specials are over performing? Unlikely. Odds are in favor of expectations of home with the school they are paying for.

Yurt
09-09-2008, 11:31 PM

bullcowpie

Yurt
09-09-2008, 11:35 PM
and now for a business 101 quiz.......how does one achieve income growth and where does the money come from to grow their income.............

back of class *hands raised*

hands raised

hands raised

--raise taxes, without taxes there is no growth in income for the government and where does this come from?

--raise taxes

emmett
09-10-2008, 01:57 AM
For the economy to grow.

or

No brainer!

PostmodernProphet
09-10-2008, 04:11 AM
do you solve the problem by cutting off the top or building on the bottom......