I have a spot on the national ticket as vice
president with less than two years in the governor's
office.

Did you guess?

Teddy Roosevelt?

Sitarro
09-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Teddy Roosevelt?

Of course you knew it, I wonder how many on the left would have gotten it.

From Wikipedia..........

In 1901, as Vice President, the 42-year-old Roosevelt succeeded President William McKinley after McKinley's assassination by anarchist Leon Czolgosz. He is the youngest person to become President. He was a Progressive reformer who sought to move the dominant Republican Party into the Progressive camp. He distrusted wealthy businessmen and dissolved forty monopolistic corporations as a "trust buster". He was clear, however, to show he did not disagree with trusts and capitalism in principle but was only against corrupt, illegal practices. His "Square Deal" promised a fair shake for both the average citizen (through regulation of railroad rates and pure food and drugs) and the businessmen. He was the first U.S. president to call for universal health care and national health insurance. As an outdoorsman, he promoted the conservation movement, emphasizing efficient use of natural resources. After 1906 he attacked big business and suggested the courts were biased against labor unions. In 1910, he broke with his friend and anointed successor William Howard Taft, but lost the Republican nomination to Taft and ran in the 1912 election on his own one-time Bull Moose ticket. He beat Taft in the popular vote and pulled so many Progressives out of the Republican Party that Democrat Woodrow Wilson won in 1912, and the conservative faction took control of the Republican Party for the next two decades.

crin63
09-10-2008, 09:21 AM
If I remember correctly he was also only Governor of New York for about 2 years before being the Vice Presidential candidate.

Sitarro
09-10-2008, 10:32 AM
If I remember correctly he was also only Governor of New York for about 2 years before being the Vice Presidential candidate.

Yep

emmett
09-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Teddy Roosevelt?

Yeah. True but Teddy had NO jump shot and didn't look very good in a skirt!

manu1959
09-10-2008, 12:01 PM

you seemed to have missed the one party...........

crin63
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM

You got me there Emmet but Teddy looks better with a mustache. :coffee: