PDA

View Full Version : Could MTV Get Any Worse?

krisy
09-10-2008, 08:14 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2774919/Russell-Brand-pulled-Sarah-Palin-electric-chair-jokes-at-VMA.html

Who is this joker hosting? I guess they forgot to tell him he wasn't appearing with Bill Maher,he was hopsting the MTV video awards.

I also am sick and tired of people from across the ocean telling me who to vote for. What a prick.

What happened to the MTV that just played videos?

Noir
09-10-2008, 08:20 AM
I have not been able to follow the link, but I assume this is about the russel brand comments, he is a really good comic and I have allot of respect for him,but he also apears to be a but of a wally, an he was out of order.

krisy
09-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Here ya go:

The British comedian appeared to annoy celebrities and some fans when he made a series of risque political and sexual jokes hosting the 25th anniversary show.

But Brand, who called for Americans to vote for Democratic nominee Barack Obama in the presidential elections, claimed censors at the channel had already toned down his routine and vetoed several jokes.

He said: "I had John McCain gags pulled. And they asked me to tone down the gags about Sarah Palin. I wanted to say she was forcing her teenage daughter to have a baby because she is so anti-abortion.

"But also, as a Republican she is pro-execution so she is going to give her the electric chair for being a little slut.

"They weren't keen on that one."

Neverthless, he did manage to include a reference to George W Bush as a "retarded cowboy" during the routine.

And the controversy appears not to have detered MTV management, who Brand says have asked him back to host the awards next year.

Brand told the Sun newspaper: "MTV told me that they want me to do it again. Afterwards they were really thrilled. There was a 20 per cent increase in viewers from last year's show and wow, isn't life exciting."

Monday's ceremony in Los Angeles saw Britney Spears walk away with three awards including video of the year.

theHawk
09-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Having the liberal media attempt to brainwash us into voting for Obama I can handle.
Having Muslims tell us to vote for Barack Hussein I can handle.
Having a Brit tell us who to vote for, is way over the line.

Noir
09-10-2008, 10:20 AM
LOL, i think its pretty damn funny, maybe that's been Russell's problem, humour for the brits and Americans differs quite a bit, maybe Russell didn't factor that enough and realize what some Americans wouldn't be to pleased with what he's said, but uya gotta see the funny side.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bwpkWbRn1b8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bwpkWbRn1b8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stephanie
09-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Good gawd...no wonder they say the Brits have a dry sense of humor..if they find this guy funny..

my kids would never be allowed anywhere near MTV..

Little-Acorn
09-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Could MTV Get Any Worse?
They haven't hired Michael Moore or Al Franken yet. Or even Cynthia McKinney.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 11:20 AM
i find it hard to believe mtv is still around ...... at for british humour.....there is no such thing....

Noir
09-10-2008, 11:25 AM
i find it hard to believe mtv is still around ...... at for british humour.....there is no such thing....

no such thing as British humour? please explain.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 11:31 AM
no such thing as British humour? please explain.

all yall don't have one......and none of your alledged humour is funny....

you are a northeren ...all you all are worst of all.....

stephanie
09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
they also spell HUMOR wrong...:laugh2:

manu1959
09-10-2008, 11:41 AM
they also spell HUMOR wrong...:laugh2:

yes i was corrupted while educated in "english" english.....

Noir
09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
very true...i mean Tommy Cooper, Bob Monkhouse, Norman Wisdom, Spike Milligan, Ronnie Corbett, Ronnie Barker, Rory Bremner, Jon Culshaw, Douglas Adams, Ian Hislop, Stephen Fry, Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Eric Morecambe, Ernie Wise, Rowan Atkinson, David Mitchell, Al Murray, Sacha Baron Cohen, Julian Barratt, Russell Brand, Jim Davidson, Billy Connolly, Noel Fielding, Oscer Wilde and Eddie Izzard....nope...you know i can't think of one decent british comedian...

manu1959
09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
very true...i mean Tommy Cooper, Bob Monkhouse, Norman Wisdom, Spike Milligan, Ronnie Corbett, Ronnie Barker, Rory Bremner, Jon Culshaw, Douglas Adams, Ian Hislop, Stephen Fry, Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Eric Morecambe, Ernie Wise, Rowan Atkinson, David Mitchell, Al Murray, Sacha Baron Cohen, Julian Barratt, Russell Brand, Jim Davidson, Billy Connolly, Noel Fielding, Oscer Wilde and Eddie Izzard....nope...you know i can't think of one decent british comedian...

calling them comedians is one thing actually being funny is quite another matter.....

no if you list those twits in parliment and that floppy eared prince and that fat olde lady you may have something.....

Noir
09-10-2008, 11:53 AM
calling them comedians is one thing actually being funny is quite another matter.....

no if you list those twits in parliment and that floppy eared prince and that fat olde lady you may have something.....

Wow...just a moment...this may be a first in my life...you do not find Monty Python funny?

manu1959
09-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow...just a moment...this may be a first in my life...you do not find Monty Python funny?

quite a bit of it is moronic....there are a few good bits.....but even blind squirrels find acorns now and then...

now you are are going to tell me benny hill is a genius......

Little-Acorn
09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Nii!

manu1959
09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Nii!

message sir.............

Noir
09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Nii!

:salute:

so manu what do you find funny?

and just for the record i don't find Benny hill funny.

Sitarro
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
LOL, i think its pretty damn funny, maybe that's been Russell's problem, humour for the brits and Americans differs quite a bit, maybe Russell didn't factor that enough and realize what some Americans wouldn't be to pleased with what he's said, but uya gotta see the funny side.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bwpkWbRn1b8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bwpkWbRn1b8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This pathetic twit has no act, nothing remotely intelligent to say, obviously either doesn't own a mirror or has serious visual impairment. I saw him with Craig Ferguson last night and all I could think was this is a teenage girl on speed. This isn't the British humor that I remember as funny, I'm sure John Cleese thinks he is an asshole. Yea, your ideas are a bit different than ours....... we don't kiss radical Muslim ass, if those assholes show up here they will get their asses kicked. For this mental midget to call our President a retarded cowboy because he actually had the balls to take out that lowlife Saddam while the rest of the world stuck their collective heads up their ass is his only joke and it's on him.

Anyone laughing is hopefully laughing at what a fag this clown is, or just how ridiculously he tries to dress.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 12:11 PM
:salute:

so manu what do you find funny?

and just for the record i don't find Benny hill funny.

your queen is quite funny.....and as i said there are bits of monty python that are quite funny.......mel brooks movies are brilliant.....

Abbey Marie
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
It's an insult to Brit humor to call this guy's act Brit humor.
It's the opposite: low-intelligence insult comedy.

Noir
09-10-2008, 12:25 PM
This pathetic twit has no act, nothing remotely intelligent to say, obviously either doesn't own a mirror or has serious visual impairment. I saw him with Craig Ferguson last night and all I could think was this is a teenage girl on speed. This isn't the British humor that I remember as funny, I'm sure John Cleese thinks he is an asshole. Yea, your ideas are a bit different than ours....... we don't kiss radical Muslim ass, if those assholes show up here they will get their asses kicked. For this mental midget to call our President a retarded cowboy because he actually had the balls to take out that lowlife Saddam while the rest of the world stuck their collective heads up their ass is his only joke and it's on him.

Anyone laughing is hopefully laughing at what a fag this clown is, or just how ridiculously he tries to dress.

Don't let his funkey hair fool you, he is a very very very smart man, infact the only person i'd rate above him for wit would be Steven Fry, his depth of knowedge is amzaing and it comes out in his acts. I must admit that he doesn't come across well in this, but he was short of time and so it was obvious he was not going to be able to give a proper comedy performance, just simply a few jokes.

Also, don't forget we went into Iraq with you, we didn't have our head up are ass, remember? your fucking allies?

for a proper look at russell in action youtube him, here's one from the policemans ball.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S1uhmnNnmL8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S1uhmnNnmL8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Noir
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM
It's an insult to Brit humor to call this guy's act Brit humor.
It's the opposite: low-intelligence insult comedy.

I suggest you come to britain and ask about russell brand, i thinks you'll be surprised by what you'd find.

emmett
09-10-2008, 12:35 PM
We don't tell them who to parade as a "royal" example of their country so I would suggest they not tell us who should rule the free world.

Their royal family is laughing stock. The queen is a stuffy dry old hag and their prince is a dumbo looking dumb ass who was married to one of the finest chicks on earth and fucked it up!

Noir
09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
We don't tell them who to parade as a "royal" example of their country so I would suggest they not tell us who should rule the free world.

Their royal family is laughing stock. The queen is a stuffy dry old hag and their prince is a dumbo looking dumb ass who was married to one of the finest chicks on earth and fucked it up!

So what's wrong with him having an opinion? and what's wrong with him airing that opinion?

do you have a suggestion as to who should be our next prime minister?

I also love the irony of 'ruling the free world' please tell me the irony is intentional.

And your depth of knowledge of our Royal family is awesome, please, i must pry, do you know why Charles and Diana had to split up and the politics behind it? or were you just making ignorant comments?

Mr. P
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2774919/Russell-Brand-pulled-Sarah-Palin-electric-chair-jokes-at-VMA.html

Who is this joker hosting? I guess they forgot to tell him he wasn't appearing with Bill Maher,he was hopsting the MTV video awards.

I also am sick and tired of people from across the ocean telling me who to vote for. What a prick.

Never had it on in my house. NOT something I want my daughter exposed to growing up..

manu1959
09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
So what's wrong with him having an opinion? and what's wrong with him airing that opinion?

do you have a suggestion as to who should be our next prime minister?

I also love the irony of 'ruling the free world' please tell me the irony is intentional.

And your depth of knowledge of our Royal family is awesome, please, i must pry, do you know why Charles and Diana had to split up and the politics behind it? or were you just making ignorant comments?

prince charles is a 4 and diana was a 9.......any spread over 2 never works out.....plus both wer having affairs......he hooked up with a 3 and she with a 5 but a rich 5 so that makes him a 7.....

Noir
09-10-2008, 01:22 PM
prince charles is a 4 and diana was a 9.......any spread over 2 never works out.....plus both wer having affairs......he hooked up with a 3 and she with a 5 but a rich 5 so that makes him a 7.....

you've been watching skins...

manu1959
09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
you've been watching skins...

nah we developed this theory at university......seems you agree with my analysis.......

getting ready for england croatia......

krisy
09-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Never had it on in my house. NOT something I want my daughter exposed to growing up..

I didn't watch it either. Just found the story while looking around. MTV doesn't come on over here either.

Noir
09-10-2008, 01:47 PM
nah we developed this theory at university......seems you agree with my analysis.......

getting ready for england croatia......

We know it as ladder theory from skins.

Hope england get their ass's handed to them on a plate.

KitchenKitten99
09-10-2008, 01:48 PM

I for one, find Monty Python funny. Of course my favorite one is "Holy Grail", but "Life of Brian" is a close 2nd.

British humor and American humor are two different styles, and it was only when I was about 21 or 22 (6-7 years ago) that I really understood what was funny about British humor and I could appreciate it.

It is kind of hard to describe in words, the difference between American & British humor, but I will try.

American humor is simply-put statements and everyday observations that most people can relate to. The actual humor or punchlines are generally a little more defined.

British humor is more of a conversational play on words and strange situations with plenty of randomness. You have to really pay attention to the conversations between the characters as the humor is usually the actual conversation itself, not so much the actual topic, if that makes sense.

Neither style is any better than the other. I like both

Abbey Marie
09-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I suggest you come to britain and ask about russell brand, i thinks you'll be surprised by what you'd find.

I have no doubt that young folks in your country, much like ours, have pretty sad taste in comedy. The shock value, insult-driven stuff is nothing to be proud of, whatever side of the ocean spouts it.

Noir
09-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I have no doubt that young folks in your country, much like ours, have pretty sad taste in comedy. The shock value, insult-driven stuff is nothing to be proud of, whatever side of the ocean spouts it.

ok, i'm not going to waste my time if your so willing to assume what tickles my pickle, good day Sir.

Abbey Marie
09-10-2008, 02:24 PM
ok, i'm not going to waste my time if your so willing to assume what tickles my pickle, good day Sir.

Sir?

Noir
09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Sir?

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

(btw its a joke from a show called 'the mighty boosh' one of my favroite comedy programs....but then it couldn't be...cus like you said i only like "shock value, insult-driven stuff"...so i guess i don;t like the boosh.)

Abbey Marie
09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

(btw its a joke from a show called 'the mighty boosh' one of my favroite comedy programs....but then it couldn't be...cus like you said i only like "shock value, insult-driven stuff"...so i guess i don;t like the boosh.)

Relax, Noir, I never said what you personally like or do not like.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Hope england get their ass's handed to them on a plate.

who is your team then..........

Noir
09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Relax, Noir, I never said what you personally like or do not like.

You mentioned me personally when you said "young folks in your country" i am a young folk, and i am in my country, so are all of most of my friends, you put a stereotype on moi et mon amie, saying what we personally like and dislike.

who is your team then..........

Northern Ireland

manu1959
09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Northern Ireland

three nil to england and croatia down to ten men....

holding the "checks" nil nil at home.....maybe the x man u man can come through for you......

Abbey Marie
09-10-2008, 03:25 PM
You mentioned me personally when you said "young folks in your country" i am a young folk, and i am in my country, so are all of most of my friends, you put a stereotype on moi et mon amie, saying what we personally like and dislike.

Northern Ireland

So everyone young in your coumtry thinks exactly the same? Weird.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 03:27 PM
So everyone young in your coumtry thinks exactly the same? Weird.

he is from northern ireland......so yes they do all think alike.....well half of em do ..... the other half wants to kill that half....odd he would defend anything british...

Noir
09-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Bah i'm confuzzled.

You sterotyped young people in my country, hence you sterotyped me. i took umbridge at that. where's the problem?

Noir
09-10-2008, 03:30 PM
he is from northern ireland......so yes they do all think alike.....well half of em do ..... the other half wants to kill that half....odd he would defend anything british...

Ofcouse i would defend something British, I am British.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Ofcouse i would defend something British, I am British.

no self respecting northern would refer to them selves as british.....the brits are occupiers....

Noir
09-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Well i do have bloody self respect,

And my family came from britain, at what point were we meant to become irish? what about germany...should most germans not be polish? i mean, poland controled most of the area that is now germany in the 1700's, but through expansion the germans expanded and took polish land...are they not in exactly the same situation?

If you have a good knowledge of irish history i will happily start a new topic and debate with you the aspeacts of being Irish or britsish from the 1700's to the 1800's and then from 1920 onwards. But if you are simply making these remarks out of ignorence then keep your ignorent thoughts to yourslef.

KitchenKitten99
09-10-2008, 04:14 PM
How could you not like this Eddie Izzard bit, with the help of Lego stop-animation?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sv5iEK-IEzw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sv5iEK-IEzw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now, I can take or leave Eddie Izzard, as with my taste in humor (very wide range) he is hit or miss. Like "Cake or Death?", I really don't get that one. But "Death Star Canteen" is a riot!

Noir
09-10-2008, 04:25 PM
lawlz

i'm lovin it fuzzy

actsnoblemartin
09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
your not alone, he is a prick

CatalystOfChaos
09-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Eddie Izzard, funny.
Monty Python, funny.

This guy... why is he allowed to speak in public? He has nothing worth listening to lol