PDA

View Full Version : Palin primary qualification is...

hjmick
09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
She hasn't had an abortion.

This according to the head of the South Carolina Democratic Party.

S.C. Dem chair: Palin primary qualification is she hasn't had an abortion

South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler sharply attacked Sarah Palin today, saying John McCain had chosen a running mate " whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.”

Palin is an opponent of abortion rights and gave birth to her fifth child, Trig, earlier this year after finding out during her pregnancy that the baby had Down syndrome.

Source... (http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0908/SC_Dem_chair_Palin_primary_qualification_is_she_ha snt_had_an_abortion_.html?showall)

Is Fowler suggesting that Palin should have had an abortion? Is she suggesting that any woman who discovers that her baby will have a disability should instead have an abortion? Does the Democratic party believe in eugenics?

Why is it that Dems don't seem to understand that not all women are in favor of abortion?

You know, the more they talk, the more I think Obama will lose this election.

theHawk
09-10-2008, 04:57 PM
And what the fuck is Obama's qualification? He ran for President? LOL

Yurt
09-10-2008, 05:04 PM
And what the fuck is Obama's qualification? He ran for President? LOL

he was born a white male

Joe Steel
09-10-2008, 05:05 PM
She hasn't had an abortion.

This according to the head of the South Carolina Democratic Party.

Is Fowler suggesting that Palin should have had an abortion? Is she suggesting that any woman who discovers that her baby will have a disability should instead have an abortion? Does the Democratic party believe in eugenics?

Why is it that Dems don't seem to understand that not all women are in favor of abortion?

You know, the more they talk, the more I think Obama will lose this election.

She also has gutted a moose.

Republicons like that.

Gaffer
09-10-2008, 06:20 PM

Republicons like that.

I would be more impressed if she gutted you.

hjmick
09-10-2008, 06:34 PM

Republicons like that.

I'm not a hunter, I'm not impressed.

Doesn't matter really, at least not for me. I'm not voting for either of the major tickets.

hjmick
09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
As I always try to be fair, I must post Carol Fowler's apology. She says she was trying to make a point about single issue voters.

..."I personally admire and respect the difficult choices that women make everyday, and I apologize to anyone who finds my comment offensive," Fowler said in a statement.

"I clumsily was making a point about people in South Carolina who may vote based on a single issue. Whether it's the environment, the economy, the war or a woman's right to choose, there are people who will cast their vote based on a single issue," she continued. "That was the only point I was attempting to make."

Full story... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080911/ap_on_el_pr/sc_democrat_palin)

I say good for her, she recognized, or perhaps it was pointed out to her, that her comments could be interpreted wrong and offend some people, and she apologized. That should be the end.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 09:59 PM

Republicons like that.

maybe she should gut a pregnant moose.....then the dems would love her.....