PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me.........

Trinity
09-10-2008, 06:28 PM
or does anyone else find all the slander and name calling and derogatory comments an insult to their intelligence. I mean, I seriously feel like I am back in high school with these elections. Actually though I think the student counsel elections, the teenagers act better when running then any of these people ever thought about acting.

I'm sorry but I was under the impression that people running for the presidency should at least act like they are grown up, act like they have a little bit of decency and respect for the party they are running against. Both parties here, I'm not picking sides.

Isn't that what most of us were taught when we were younger? What happen? It's turned into a big circus/popularity contest and personally I don't want any part of it.

09-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I completely agree.

hjmick
09-10-2008, 06:47 PM
It's like watching a live action message board...

crin63
09-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Personally, I think it is going to keep escalating as the divide between the 2 major parties widens until we end up in a revolution. It seems both sides are ready for it and some are itching for it to happen.

CatalystOfChaos
09-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Personally, I think it is going to keep escalating as the divide between the 2 major parties widens until we end up in a revolution. It seems both sides are ready for it and some are itching for it to happen.

I think there's enough blurring and middle ground people that hold it together that this won't happen any time soon.

There's not as many complete right and complete leftists as their used to be, it seems.

manu1959
09-10-2008, 07:49 PM

the dudes with no guns picking a fight with those with guns.....yep the dims are way smarter than the pubs......

crin63
09-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I think there's enough blurring and middle ground people that hold it together that this won't happen any time soon.

There's not as many complete right and complete leftists as their used to be, it seems.

I went to gun shops, gun shows and pawn shops in Oregon, Arizona, California and Texas in the last year. Any conversation that lasted longer than 5 minutes the mention of revolution was brought up.

It may be that after the SCOTUS ruled appropriately some of the anger and rage may have subsided.

I agree that the middle is blurring but that is causing even more anger and outright rage outside the middle.

09-10-2008, 09:36 PM

I guess that depends what you mean by Revolution.

crin63
09-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I guess that depends what you mean by Revolution.

That part is still a question because no one ever defined what they meant. I personally hope that its not bloody if it ever happens.

I really think that the SCOTUS ruling on the 2nd amendment helped to quench some of the anger. If it ever goes the other way that's when I will really be concerned.

As for me, I hope it doesn't ever come to that point.

retiredman
09-10-2008, 11:56 PM
the dudes with no guns picking a fight with those with guns.....yep the dims are way smarter than the pubs......

who sez we don't have guns?

09-11-2008, 01:09 AM
who sez we don't have guns?

So what your saying is you have your leaders pass strict gun laws that you violate.

Joe Steel
09-11-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm sorry but I was under the impression that people running for the presidency should at least act like they are grown up, act like they have a little bit of decency and respect for the party they are running against. Both parties here, I'm not picking sides.

You should be.

Barack Obama tried to keep the campaign issue-oriented but McCain drug it into the gutter. No surprise there. That's the hallmark of a Rove-inspired campaign. Ever since Rove's first felonious breaking and entering campaign dirty trick in the '70s, dirty campaigning has been the Republicons most effective weapon. In fact, it's all the have.

If you want to be on the side of righteousness, you should be with the Democrats.

retiredman
09-11-2008, 07:13 AM
So what your saying is you have your leaders pass strict gun laws that you violate.

no. I am saying nothing of the sort and I am somehwat befuddled as to how ou came up with that interpretation.

mundame
09-11-2008, 09:07 AM

That is what my husband thinks, too, crin63. I am inclined to agree. The country is overdue, of course -- there hasn't been one for 145 years, and political catastrophes are much more frequent in Europe. Well, and essentially constants in the rest of the world.

The amazing thing is not a revolution: the amazing thing is that there hasn't been one for so long, which is not the usual world pattern.

I also am concerned about a world war against us. There was a Guardian article yesterday on RealClearPolitics that basically threatened that the world would lose all hope and rein us in if Obama loses this election. I doubt THAT would cause a war, but any further military action on our part in a world that views us as the new Germans, might be the trigger.

Trinity
09-11-2008, 09:22 AM
You should be.

Barack Obama tried to keep the campaign issue-oriented but McCain drug it into the gutter. No surprise there. That's the hallmark of a Rove-inspired campaign. Ever since Rove's first felonious breaking and entering campaign dirty trick in the '70s, dirty campaigning has been the Republicons most effective weapon. In fact, it's all the have.

If you want to be on the side of righteousness, you should be with the Democrats.

No thanks, I'd rather not...personally I think both parties are an embarrassment and I am grateful I don't belong to either.

mundame
09-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Too true, too true, Trinity.

theHawk
09-11-2008, 10:52 AM
You should be.

Yup, its "dirty" politics to point out someone's voting record, their personal associations, and lack of leadership experience. If dems just nominated some moderates for once they might win the majority vote.

Joe Steel
09-11-2008, 11:39 AM
No thanks, I'd rather not...personally I think both parties are an embarrassment and I am grateful I don't belong to either.

Are you just going to stand aside while Republicons start wars and starve babies?

Trigg
09-11-2008, 12:25 PM
You should be.

This is rich coming from the people who have been smearing Palin for the last week.

NO ONE, and I'll repeat, NO ONE is innocent in this election. If you think otherwise, you haven't been paying attention

mundame
09-11-2008, 12:45 PM
NO ONE, and I'll repeat, NO ONE is innocent in this election. If you think otherwise, you haven't been paying attention

That's not a good reason to vote, however.

Trigg
09-11-2008, 12:51 PM
That's not a good reason to vote, however.

I never said it was.

I'd be much happier if they'd stick to the issues and what their plans are once they're elected. I'm looking forward to the debates.

Joe Steel
09-11-2008, 01:03 PM
This is rich coming from the people who have been smearing Palin for the last week.

Demands for truth are not smears. The Republicons have offered Palin as a candidate but have been lying about her record. Someone has to tell public what it really is.

manu1959
09-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Demands for truth are not smears. The Republicons have offered Palin as a candidate but have been lying about her record. Someone has to tell public what it really is.

Demands for truth are not smears. The Dimocraps have offered Obama as a candidate but have been lying about his record. Someone has to tell public what it really is.

09-11-2008, 03:16 PM

you wouldnt know the truth if it lit your ass on fire.

Attacking the womans daughter isnt a search for truth. Attacking her for having her son isnt a search for truth. Attacking her for opposing earmarks isnt a demand for truth. Attacking her for her faith isnt a demand for truth.

Gaffer
09-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Are you just going to stand aside while Republicons start wars and starve babies?

What wars and what starved babies?

09-11-2008, 08:52 PM

No one knows.

Joe Steel
09-12-2008, 06:29 AM

Iraq.

American.

Joe Steel
09-12-2008, 06:31 AM
you wouldnt know the truth if it lit your ass on fire.

Attacking the womans daughter isnt a search for truth. Attacking her for having her son isnt a search for truth. Attacking her for opposing earmarks isnt a demand for truth. Attacking her for her faith isnt a demand for truth.

You need some truth.

No one attacked her daughter.

No one attacked her for her son.

No one attacked her for opposing earmarks.

No one attacked her for her faith.

bullypulpit
09-12-2008, 07:06 AM

I've always preferred knives myself. But I've got my guns too.

Gaffer
09-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Iraq.

American.

iraq was started by saddam in 1991. There was a cease fire and then 8 years of do nothing clinton. In 2003 the cease fire was ended and hostilities were begun again.

What American children are starving? Please be more specific.

09-12-2008, 08:36 AM
You need some truth.

Denial doesn't become you. Especially when you started many of the slanderous threads.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2008, 10:31 AM
You need some truth.

Since you have done these things, and now deny it, you have lost the last shred of credibility you may have still had with a few people.

hjmick
09-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Since you have done these things, and now deny it, you have lost the last shred of credibility you may have still had with a few people.

When did Joe have any credibility? Was I absent that day?