PDA

View Full Version : Ethics Adviser Warned Palin

Psychoblues
09-11-2008, 03:38 AM
But she didn't listen.

Source: Wall Street Journal

An informal adviser who has counseled Gov. Sarah Palin on ethics issues urged her in July to apologize for her handling of the dismissal of the state's public safety commissioner and warned that the matter could snowball into a bigger scandal.

Alaska State Trooper Mike Wooten (right) answers questions about the 'Troopergate' investigation on Tuesday.
He also said, in a letter reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, that she should fire any aides who had raised concerns with the chief over a state trooper who was involved in a bitter divorce with the governor's sister.

In the letter, written before Sen. John McCain picked the Alaska governor as his running mate, former U.S. Attorney Wevley Shea warned Gov. Palin that "the situation is now grave" and recommended that she and her husband, Todd Palin, apologize for "overreaching or perceived overreaching" for using her position to try to get Trooper Mike Wooten fired from the force......

Read the letters from Wevley Shea to Gov. Palin and her aides.
After his initial letter in July, Mr. Shea followed up with another letter, dated Aug. 4, in which he told Gov. Palin that she probably couldn't legally shun a legislative investigation into the firing of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan..........

More: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122109403841221751.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

The holy roller hell's angels ain't real good for paying attention, are they?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
09-11-2008, 04:30 AM
I see you!!!!!!!!! Would you rather avoid the truth and participate in the bullshit?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

mundame
09-11-2008, 09:35 AM
But she didn't listen.

Source: Wall Street Journal

An informal adviser who has counseled Gov. Sarah Palin on ethics issues urged her in July to apologize for her handling of the dismissal of the state's public safety commissioner and warned that the matter could snowball into a bigger scandal.

Alaska State Trooper Mike Wooten (right) answers questions about the 'Troopergate' investigation on Tuesday.
He also said, in a letter reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, that she should fire any aides who had raised concerns with the chief over a state trooper who was involved in a bitter divorce with the governor's sister.

In the letter, written before Sen. John McCain picked the Alaska governor as his running mate, former U.S. Attorney Wevley Shea warned Gov. Palin that "the situation is now grave" and recommended that she and her husband, Todd Palin, apologize for "overreaching or perceived overreaching" for using her position to try to get Trooper Mike Wooten fired from the force......

Read the letters from Wevley Shea to Gov. Palin and her aides.
After his initial letter in July, Mr. Shea followed up with another letter, dated Aug. 4, in which he told Gov. Palin that she probably couldn't legally shun a legislative investigation into the firing of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan..........

More: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122109403841221751.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

The holy roller hell's angels ain't real good for paying attention, are they?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

My guess is that this will be a lot bigger than Perdiemgate.

It's got sex, guns, violence, wife-beating -------- threats by high officials, the spouse of a high official using his spouse's power to threaten, it's just a lot of fun and I expect the media will and should play it big.

I don't like bad husbands at all, but I don't like abuse of power, either, and this coming after Palin talked about banning books in the Wasilla library ---- this woman does not seem to have any clue about integrity. She scares me to death. I think she would abuse money and power if she got to the presidency as she does appear to have done in Alaska, and pretty much impose her far-right cruel ideas as much as she could.

I have long thought Bush is Tiberius, and after him it all falls apart, as it did in Rome after Tiberius, who succeeded Augustus; he was not an AWFUL man, but not a good or successful ruler, and after him came the fall of Rome: Caligula, Nero, etc.

Palin feels to me this sort of angry person who would force her desires on the country and start a revolution.

theHawk
09-11-2008, 10:47 AM
LOL, she never banned any books in a library. You idiot fucking libs gobble up anything the DailyKOS shits out.

Its really amazing to see the shitbag liberals come in defense of a scumbag corrupt cop that should of been fired.

Sitarro
09-11-2008, 10:54 AM
LOL, she never banned any books in a library. You idiot fucking libs gobble up anything the DailyKOS shits out.

Its really amazing to see the shitbag liberals come in defense of a scumbag corrupt cop that should of been fired.

It is amazing to see how hysterical these imbeciles are getting, they shouldn't have the right to vote. They need to make up garbage because they can't compete in the real world of ideas....... mental midgets.

stephanie
09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
they are so desperate to destroy Sarah Palin because they believe she is a threat(for some reason) to their boy wonder winning, they would stick up for a murdering pedophile..:poke:

darin
09-11-2008, 11:22 AM
she is a threat because she's attractive, intelligent, Moral/Ethical, and capable. It's like Bizarro world for them. Liberals base self worth on PERSONALITY - Conservatives tend to value Character. Thus, when confronted with Character Liberals scrape and fight and spit to try to chip away at the person. They don't understand Sound Character as it applies to a person, thus, they fear it.

Immanuel
09-11-2008, 11:27 AM
she is a threat because she's attractive, intelligent, Moral/Ethical, and capable. It's like Bizarro world for them. Liberals base self worth on PERSONALITY - Conservatives tend to value Character. Thus, when confronted with Character Liberals scrape and fight and spit to try to chip away at the person. They don't understand Sound Character as it applies to a person, thus, they fear it.

And if you pick and scrape long enough, eventually you will find a flaw in anyone's character.

AND THEY KNOW THAT!

What is that sound I hear? Why it sounds like pickaxes, chipping away!

Immie

mundame
09-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Conservatives tend to value Character.

I strongly value character.

I don't think Palin has good character: that's the problem.

1) She would force other women into the same reproductive catastrophes her poor-quality thinking has landed her in;

2) She would ban books, one of the worst fascist crimes there is, IMO;

3) She scrounges every dollar she can from the state for her personal bank account, even by technicalities others wouldn't use because they had more character;

4) She uses her power as governor and the power of all her staff to target people she doesn't like for state maltreatment;

5) She's combative and sarcastic; I think she's dangerous.

stephanie
09-11-2008, 09:38 PM
I strongly value character.

I don't think Palin has good character: that's the problem.

1) She would force other women into the same reproductive catastrophes her poor-quality thinking has landed her in;

2) She would ban books, one of the worst fascist crimes there is, IMO;

3) She scrounges every dollar she can from the state for her personal bank account, even by technicalities others wouldn't use because they had more character;

4) She uses her power as governor and the power of all her staff to target people she doesn't like for state maltreatment;

5) She's combative and sarcastic; I think she's dangerous.

Good grief...:cuckoo::uhoh: