PDA

View Full Version : Was I wrong???

Trinity
09-11-2008, 07:13 AM
So I got into it with a good friend of mine last night who lives 2 houses down............Here's what happened.

Her husband calls me and wants to know if my son Jesse who is 9 and his 2 year old daughter are at my house. I said no they were at your house, he says they were playing in the front yard and they are not there now. ( keep in mind I live in a very rural area with maybe a total of 10 cars driving down my road in a day and we know all of the neighbors).

I get off the phone with him and call my husband who is on his way to pick up my 12 year old from football to make sure he did not have them with him. He did not.

At this point both my friend and her husband are walking through my front yard yelling for my son and their daughter. I go out side yelling for Jesse as well, and then run back into the house to grab my shoes.

They start around the back of my house to check in the backyard. I go into the kitchen to head out the backdoor and I hear my friend screaming at my child at the top of her lungs (keep in mind that they are about an acre away from my house at this time and I am in my house) she is screaming at him he was not supposed to take her out of the yard.

My child is now bawling his eyes out because he is being screamed at. That's it I had it.

I walked out side and asked her where the F%&$ was she at and why the hell was my 9 year old watching her 2 year old. She claims she ran into the house for a minute to get something and when she came back out they were gone and that it was Jesse's fault for taking her in the back yard. She said I told him not to let her go past the tree in the front yard. I asked her did you tell him how far they were allowed to go in the backyard? She said no. I said then it's your fault. And why they hell would you leave a two year old in the care of a 9 year old? And you had to have been in the house longer then a minute for them to get where they were at. (Their yard is a little over an acre like mine and the neighbors in between.)

My boy's love this baby and would never let her get hurt they watch her like a hawk all the time because her mother has a tendency to not keep a close eye on her when they are in my house visiting. I usually end up watching her with my boy's.

Anyway she was still standing there trying to blame my 9 year old for her lack of responsibility, when I finally looked a her and said of course that typical let's not take responsibility for our own actions let's blame the 9 year old. Well she took off running to her house bawling her eyes out as well. Why? Because I spoke the truth and she didn't like what she heard?

Most of you know the issues Jesse is already dealing with well after this he locked himself in his bedroom crying for about 20 minutes. I had to get the key to get in and try to calm him down and tell him it was not his fault.

Was I wrong for going off on her? And yes I was screaming at her like she did to my son.

Funny thing is her husband was trying to speak to her rationally while I was screaming at her, because he knew that I was right, and we stood there talking about it after she ran off crying.

jackass
09-11-2008, 07:49 AM
I wouldnt say you were wrong. If I ever saw anyone yelling at my kid like that I would go off too. Thats my job only.... :laugh2:

Immanuel
09-11-2008, 08:02 AM
It doesn't matter if you were right or wrong.

She should not have been yelling at Jesse, but I suppose that until she found the children all kinds of things were going through her mind. Her reaction, and possibly your own was based more on the relief of finding the children safe as compared to a desire to blame Jesse. She was emotional at the time and just releasing that emotion.

Right or wrong, I think you should walk the short distance to her house with some :coffee: and get over it.

Immie

Trinity
09-11-2008, 08:16 AM
It doesn't matter if you were right or wrong.

She should not have been yelling at Jesse, but I suppose that until she found the children all kinds of things were going through her mind. Her reaction, and possibly your own was based more on the relief of finding the children safe as compared to a desire to blame Jesse. She was emotional at the time and just releasing that emotion.

Right or wrong, I think you should walk the short distance to her house with some :coffee: and get over it.

Immie

Your probably right, I should probably walk over there but here's my dilemma. Let's just say I Know that the two of them used to smoke.......and I found out recently that they are again on occasion so they say.... whatever..... I don't do it and they know how I feel about it, and they know better then to do it or have it around me or my children. I suspect because they had a friend of theirs over who is a big smoker she took advantage of Jesse being there to watch her two year old so they could all smoke in the house.

manu1959
09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Your probably right, I should probably walk over there but here's my dilemma. Let's just say I Know that the two of them used to smoke.......and I found out recently that they are again on occasion so they say.... whatever..... I don't do it and they know how I feel about it, and they know better then to do it or have it around me or my children. I suspect because they had a friend of theirs over who is a big smoker she took advantage of Jesse being there to watch her two year old so they could all smoke in the house.

good for you!!!!!!!!

it would be the last time my kids played at their home....

Trigg
09-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I probably would have done the same thing you did. I'd also wait for her to apologize, instead of walking over to their house. She shouldn't have yelled at your son and she shouldn't have left them outside by themselves.

I'd have been pissed.

Trinity
09-11-2008, 12:55 PM
good for you!!!!!!!!

it would be the last time my kids played at their home....

Yeah..... normally I don't allow them over there by themselves without me or my husband with them. My husband was with Jesse when he went over, however he ran up the road to pick up my 12 year old from football and Jesse was playing in their front yard, not in the house. Which is fine because I can look out my front door and see him.

Abbey Marie
09-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Trinity,
Unless this family was paying your son to babysit, it's not his responsibility to watch their daughter. The mom's screaming was most likely a combination of relief that her daughter was safe, and anger at herself for being so negligent.

Gaffer
09-11-2008, 09:01 PM
As loud as everyone got, I didn't hear a thing. I did hear Jesse come in crying, but thought he was just getting punished for something.

Trinity was absolutely right to be upset and the friend needs to come down here and apologize. Maybe the husbands could be go betweens to get it started. They do need to keep a closer eye on the little girl. She tends to wander around the house and get into things and no one is keeping an eye on where she is.

She is entertaining to watch, the best way to describe her is she's a two year old Shirley Temple. Hopefully things get worked out soon.

Trinity
09-13-2008, 04:00 PM
As loud as everyone got, I didn't hear a thing. I did hear Jesse come in crying, but thought he was just getting punished for something.

Trinity was absolutely right to be upset and the friend needs to come down here and apologize. Maybe the husbands could be go betweens to get it started. They do need to keep a closer eye on the little girl. She tends to wander around the house and get into things and no one is keeping an eye on where she is.

She is entertaining to watch, the best way to describe her is she's a two year old Shirley Temple. Hopefully things get worked out soon.

Well you won't be seeing her anymore..........

Ry went over today to try and talk to her and she started screaming at him she said that when I came outside I was on the phone instead of helping them look for her....... funny thing is... yeah I was on the phone.... with my husband..... making sure he did not have them.

Then she said I did not come off the back deck to help either, well at that time they had already been found, and she was in the middle of screaming at my son.......... I didn't come off the deck for a reason, I knew if I did I probably would have whipped her ass.

and here's the kicker........

wait for it.........

She is tired of always competing with us.........WTF.......why is she trying to compete with us anyway?? It's not a competition.

Her explanation is because we have been here 3 years and we are good friends with our landlord, and they have lived here for a few months now and there not in good with the land lord yet. WTF!

Wow talk about someone needing to seriously grow up!

jackass
09-13-2008, 04:42 PM
UUhhhh...I think youre better off now..... :laugh2: :laugh2:

emmett
09-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Well you won't be seeing her anymore..........

Ry went over today to try and talk to her and she started screaming at him she said that when I came outside I was on the phone instead of helping them look for her....... funny thing is... yeah I was on the phone.... with my husband..... making sure he did not have them.

Then she said I did not come off the back deck to help either, well at that time they had already been found, and she was in the middle of screaming at my son.......... I didn't come off the deck for a reason, I knew if I did I probably would have whipped her ass.

and here's the kicker........

wait for it.........

She is tired of always competing with us.........WTF.......why is she trying to compete with us anyway?? It's not a competition.

Her explanation is because we have been here 3 years and we are good friends with our landlord, and they have lived here for a few months now and there not in good with the land lord yet. WTF!

Wow talk about someone needing to seriously grow up!

I think you should call her on the phone and sing merrily," Na na na na na na na. I know the landlord better than you do!"

On a serious note did you mean they smoke marijuana? That is against the law! Marijuana is a very dangerous and harmful drug that leads to addiction to cocaine, heroine and LSD. Charles Manson smoked marijuana and his cronies were under the influence of it when they committed the murders. Just one puff of that evil stuff will make you see bugs and things crawling on you. Your neighbors are dangerous people!

Frankly...I would pull up roots and relocate to the other side of the country. Some of that reefer smoke could drift into your yard and kill the flowers.

PS......YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! YOU DID NOTHING WRONG!

Trinity
09-13-2008, 05:55 PM
I think you should call her on the phone and sing merrily," Na na na na na na na. I know the landlord better than you do!"

On a serious note did you mean they smoke marijuana? That is against the law! Marijuana is a very dangerous and harmful drug that leads to addiction to cocaine, heroine and LSD. Charles Manson smoked marijuana and his cronies were under the influence of it when they committed the murders. Just one puff of that evil stuff will make you see bugs and things crawling on you. Your neighbors are dangerous people!

Frankly...I would pull up roots and relocate to the other side of the country. Some of that reefer smoke could drift into your yard and kill the flowers.

PS......YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! YOU DID NOTHING WRONG!

:laugh2::laugh2:

That would be like so elementary school you know the whole na na na na thing although she might actually understand that.

My flowers dead............ oh that would so piss me off................. that would definitely get her an ass whipping.

Funny thing is I am actually planning on buying a house here as soon as possible and it will be on the other side of the country, but I live in the country, so just the other side of mine anyway. :coffee: