PDA

View Full Version : "Jesus was a community organizer, Pontius Pilate was a governor"

theHawk
09-11-2008, 04:55 PM
It seems that the far left is suddenly injecting religion into the election (so much for the separation of church and state). Now there are Democratic members of Congress (Steve Cohen of NY) actually comparing Obama to Jesus, saying they are both "community organizers", and also comparing Palin to Pontius Pilate.
Not only is this blasphemous and a slap in the face of all Christians, but its also another direct insult to Sarah Palin, comparing her to the person the had Jesus crucified. Or, is this shitbag admitting that Palin has already killed the Obama campaign?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Cohen_Jesus_was_a_community_organizer.html

Noir
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
just seems like a witty retort to me. And there is no seperarion of church and state in America, to blame the left for that is a lil unfair no?

-Cp
09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tp_2Cw4RH1c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tp_2Cw4RH1c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PostmodernProphet
09-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I know Jesus, Barack.....and you're no Jesus.....

Yurt
09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
jesus was simply a 'community organizer'? wtf is wrong with these people. i know obama is their messiah, but do they really expect to pull of comparison's to Jesus?

i always thought Jesus was the son of god, but what do i know

midcan5
09-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Matt 21:28-32 But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first, and said, ‘Son, go work today in my vineyard.’ He answered, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he changed his mind, and went. He came to the second, and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I go, sir,’ but he didn’t go. Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said to him, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly I tell you that the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering into the Kingdom of God before you. For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you didn’t believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him. When you saw it, you didn’t even repent afterward, that you might believe him."

Silver
09-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Matt 21:28-32 But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first, and said, ‘Son, go work today in my vineyard.’ He answered, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he changed his mind, and went. He came to the second, and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I go, sir,’ but he didn’t go. Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said to him, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly I tell you that the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering into the Kingdom of God before you. For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you didn’t believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him. When you saw it, you didn’t even repent afterward, that you might believe him."

And some think Palin is a religious wacko....get a load of midcan...

religious wacko #1.....:laugh2::fu:

retiredman
09-11-2008, 08:12 PM
spot on, midcan...well done!

09-11-2008, 08:41 PM

So you can quote scriptures. So can Satan. Big deal.

It doesnt change the fact that Barrack Obama is not Jesus Christ. Pretending that he is anything like Him is ridiculous. Christ was a carpenter not a community organizer. And He was good at His Job. In fact, one of His first was this planet. What has Barrack Obama created?

And it doesnt matter how sincere or what scripture you can quote, Sarah Palin is not Pontius Pilate. She did not kill Jesus Christ. However, she may politically kill your false Messiah Obama. Only unlike Christ, he wont return to life.

I suggest you stop worshipping at the alter of Barrack Obama and big government and repent and come to Jesus of Nazareth. He will heal you. He will relieve your burdens and bring sight to your blind eyes. He will help you hear what you've never imagined.

If you continue to falsely worship this man, you will see not only his fall but your own as well.

09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
spot on, midcan...well done!

yes, because quoting random scripture has everything to do with you accusing Palin of crucifying Christ.

retiredman
09-11-2008, 08:45 PM
yes, because quoting random scripture has everything to do with you accusing Palin of crucifying Christ.

when did I ever accuse her of that?

got a link? if not, then please show the grace to retract that remark and apologize for it.

09-11-2008, 08:51 PM
when did I ever accuse her of that?

got a link? if not, then please show the grace to retract that remark and apologize for it.

Hello??! Im not retracting the remark. You are agreeing with Midcan who is defending the quote in this very thread.

You think you can justify defending such a vile remark and then claim you dont agree with it? bullcrap.

Words mean things. And your words speak volumes.

retiredman
09-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Hello??! Im not retracting the remark. You are agreeing with Midcan who is defending the quote in this very thread.

You think you can justify defending such a vile remark and then claim you dont agree with it? bullcrap.

Words mean things. And your words speak volumes.

his scriptural quote was perfect for the occasion. I have NEVER said a word about Palin crucifying Christ, which is what your post accused me of. Now be a big boy and retract that... or be a little whiny pussy and don't. I don't really care.

and midcan didn't defend anything...he simply posted a scriptural reference.

Yurt
09-11-2008, 09:02 PM
his scriptural quote was perfect for the occasion. I have NEVER said a word about Palin crucifying Christ, which is what your post accused me of. Now be a big boy and retract that... or be a little whiny pussy and don't. I don't really care.

and midcan didn't defend anything...he simply posted a scriptural reference.

bullcowpie, he did defend it:

why would it offend if it were sincere?

do you support comparing obama to jesus and palin to the person who assisted in crucifying jesus? yes or no, real simple.

retiredman
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
do you support comparing obama to jesus and palin to the person who assisted in crucifying jesus? yes or no, real simple.

no.

real simple

Yurt
09-11-2008, 09:07 PM
no.

real simple

thank you.

retiredman
09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
thank you.

you are quite welcome

IrishCop
09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I think we're maybe missing the real point of this Jesus/Pontius Pilate remark made recently. What absolute freaking IDIOT in the Democratic Party thought that this would be an effective attack on McCain/Palin? The idiocy of this comparison simply highlights the political ineptitude of the Democratic party. This, the lipstick comment, the "...her only qualification is she hasn't had an abortion" line, these are all prime examples of political suicide. If, as he claims, Senator Obama is running his campaign, he only demonstrating to the undecided exactly who they should choose to run their country. And Barack ol' buddy, it ain't you.

Immanuel
09-11-2008, 09:18 PM
thank you.

Ditto, because it sure seemed to me that Midcan was supporting the comparison.

why would it offend if it were sincere?

I couldn't believe he posted that. I'm sure it was simply start a ruckus, but it was unbelievable.

Immie

09-11-2008, 10:56 PM
no.

real simple

Then dont defend it.

CrimsonWhite
09-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I like to picture my Jesus as something a little bigger than a community organizer.

theHawk
09-11-2008, 11:20 PM
I like to picture my Jesus as something a little bigger than a community organizer.

For most of these Godless liberals, Obama is their Christ. The far left likes to try to pretend they don't have a religion or that it doesn't belong in politics. But their politics is their religion - liberalism. It has all the elements of a bonafide religion, right down to the sacraments like abortion. The only thing that has been missing is their Messiah, and now they have it in Obama. Through him they believe they can achieve their liberal Utopia of the ultra nanny state, a disarmed, defenseless, and thus dependant base of citizens, and world peace achieved through the muddying of all cultures until everyone sees themselves as 'world citizens'.

Rick OShea
09-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Here's a couple pics that some zerObamabots might find inspirational . . .

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/Surf_Fishing_Guru/Obamassiah.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/Surf_Fishing_Guru/JesusObama.jpg

Sitarro
09-12-2008, 04:50 AM
just seems like a witty retort to me. And there is no seperarion of church and state in America, to blame the left for that is a lil unfair no?

You are young, not very smart and a fucking foreigner, shut up and leave our election alone! We couldn't give a shit what mongrel you clowns elect, why are you so concerned with our politicians? Obviously it doesn't bother you that you are in agreement with the lowlife, alcoholics that populate Russia. Any dumbass thing a Democrat says would seem "witty" to you....... you're an idiot. On top of that, your spelling sucks.

What's in it for you that we elect a weak ass prick like Osama? Do you some how think, in your feeble little brain, that if America fails, that you and the rest of Europe wins? You really are a twat.

Joe Steel
09-12-2008, 06:44 AM
It seems that the far left is suddenly injecting religion into the election (so much for the separation of church and state). Now there are Democratic members of Congress (Steve Cohen of NY) actually comparing Obama to Jesus, saying they are both "community organizers", and also comparing Palin to Pontius Pilate.

Not only is this blasphemous and a slap in the face of all Christians, but its also another direct insult to Sarah Palin, comparing her to the person the had Jesus crucified. Or, is this shitbag admitting that Palin has already killed the Obama campaign?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Cohen_Jesus_was_a_community_organizer.html

If someone were to say "Jesus Christ was a carpenter," would that be blasphemous and a slap in the face of all Christians?

Joe Steel
09-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Comparing Sarah Palin with Pontius Pilate is an insult to Pontius Pilate.

Joe Steel
09-12-2008, 06:50 AM

I thought it was rather witty, too.

red states rule
09-12-2008, 06:54 AM
http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/vcs/greenberg/qqxsgObamaPieces.jpg

bullypulpit
09-12-2008, 06:55 AM
So you can quote scriptures. So can Satan. Big deal.

It doesnt change the fact that Barrack Obama is not Jesus Christ. Pretending that he is anything like Him is ridiculous. Christ was a carpenter not a community organizer. And He was good at His Job. In fact, one of His first was this planet. What has Barrack Obama created?

And it doesnt matter how sincere or what scripture you can quote, Sarah Palin is not Pontius Pilate. She did not kill Jesus Christ. However, she may politically kill your false Messiah Obama. Only unlike Christ, he wont return to life.

I suggest you stop worshipping at the alter of Barrack Obama and big government and repent and come to Jesus of Nazareth. He will heal you. He will relieve your burdens and bring sight to your blind eyes. He will help you hear what you've never imagined.

If you continue to falsely worship this man, you will see not only his fall but your own as well.

Really now...Since when has Obama ever claimed to be a 'messiah'? Unless you're counting singing Handel's 'Messiah' at Christmas, which I think just about everyone has done. Please provide examples of exactly where he has claimed to be a 'messiah' Please be specific and provide links. I'd be willing to bet a sawbuck that the epithet for Obama originated with an right wing-nut talking head somewhere.

bullypulpit
09-12-2008, 06:57 AM

Don't underestimate the value of community organizers.

red states rule
09-12-2008, 06:57 AM
jesus was simply a 'community organizer'? wtf is wrong with these people. i know obama is their messiah, but do they really expect to pull of comparison's to Jesus?

i always thought Jesus was the son of god, but what do i know

Only libs would have the arrogance to compare one of their candidates to the son of God; and only libs would compare his oppostion to the man who signed off on the crucifiction of Christ

It can also be called desperation

midcan5
09-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Yikes, these religious debates are more off track than the political ones. I was raised a Catholic and for Catholics work counts and work can be an imitation of Christ. Calling a community worker Christlike is hardly a stretch at all. It is actually spot on, calling yourself Christ is another story and is the sign of real problems. The wingnuts take everything out of context and then use it as stick to beat the other. A rather bizarre Christian trait and hardly Christlike.

Imitation of Christ
by Dom Columba Marmion, O.S.B. Abbot of Maredsous

Christ came to earth to be our model.

"The Word became Incarnate, not only to bring us the gospel of salvation and to accomplish our redemption, but also to serve as a pattern for our spiritual lives.

Each of Christ's mysteries is a revelation of His virtues. The humility of the crib, the retirement of His hidden life, the zeal of His public life the self-annihilation of His Sacrifice, the glory of His triumph, all these disclose virtues which we must imitate; they are mysteries in which we should participate.

This is the reason why the contemplation of the mysteries of Christ--for instance, while reciting the Rosary--is so fruitful for the soul. The life, the death, and the glory of Jesus serve as ideal models for our life and death and glory.

Never forget this truth: the Eternal Father is pleased with us only in so far as we imitate His Son and inasmuch as He sees in us the likeness of His Son, for it is in His image that He has predestined us from all eternity.

For us there is no other form of sanctity than that which Christ has shown us. The degree of our perfection is measured by the degree of our imitation of Jesus and of our union with Him."

http://ewtn.com/faith/teachings/incab4.htm

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 07:53 AM
I'd be willing to bet a sawbuck that the epithet for Obama originated with an right wing-nut talking head somewhere.

For once we agree.

Immie

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Yikes, these religious debates are more off track than the political ones. I was raised a Catholic and for Catholics work counts and work can be an imitation of Christ. Calling a community worker Christlike is hardly a stretch at all. It is actually spot on, calling yourself Christ is another story and is the sign of real problems.

I can live with this explanation.

Immie

09-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Really now...Since when has Obama ever claimed to be a 'messiah'? Unless you're counting singing Handel's 'Messiah' at Christmas, which I think just about everyone has done. Please provide examples of exactly where he has claimed to be a 'messiah' Please be specific and provide links. I'd be willing to bet a sawbuck that the epithet for Obama originated with an right wing-nut talking head somewhere.

Who said Obama claimed to be? It's his blindly obedient followers who think he is the Messiah. This thread exists because they insist on treating him like he is the messiah.

Yurt
09-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Yikes, these religious debates are more off track than the political ones. I was raised a Catholic and for Catholics work counts and work can be an imitation of Christ. Calling a community worker Christlike is hardly a stretch at all. It is actually spot on, calling yourself Christ is another story and is the sign of real problems. The wingnuts take everything out of context and then use it as stick to beat the other. A rather bizarre Christian trait and hardly Christlike.

you really are the master of putting your head in the sand...

what about comparing someone to pilate? you of course miss the whole issue, comparing obama to christ and his opponent's veep to the GOVERNOR who played a hand in crucifying christ.

man, you are obtuse

09-12-2008, 12:37 PM
you really are the master of putting your head in the sand...

what about comparing someone to pilate? you of course miss the whole issue, comparing obama to christ and his opponent's veep to the GOVERNOR who played a hand in crucifying christ.

man, you are obtuse

What i think is really interesting about the comparison is they are admitting that Palin will kill Obama. Which if whats been going on now continues, they may be right.

However, unlike Christ, Obama wont rise from the dead.

Sitarro
09-16-2008, 04:02 AM
I thought it was rather witty, too.

You would.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

emmett
09-16-2008, 05:07 AM

Imitation of Christ
by Dom Columba Marmion, O.S.B. Abbot of Maredsous

Christ came to earth to be our model.

"The Word became Incarnate, not only to bring us the gospel of salvation and to accomplish our redemption, but also to serve as a pattern for our spiritual lives.

Each of Christ's mysteries is a revelation of His virtues. The humility of the crib, the retirement of His hidden life, the zeal of His public life the self-annihilation of His Sacrifice, the glory of His triumph, all these disclose virtues which we must imitate; they are mysteries in which we should participate.

This is the reason why the contemplation of the mysteries of Christ--for instance, while reciting the Rosary--is so fruitful for the soul. The life, the death, and the glory of Jesus serve as ideal models for our life and death and glory.

Never forget this truth: the Eternal Father is pleased with us only in so far as we imitate His Son and inasmuch as He sees in us the likeness of His Son, for it is in His image that He has predestined us from all eternity.

For us there is no other form of sanctity than that which Christ has shown us. The degree of our perfection is measured by the degree of our imitation of Jesus and of our union with Him."

http://ewtn.com/faith/teachings/incab4.htm

In case you weren't paying attention in school, cathlics also don't believe in abortion, gay marriage or homosexuality. As a catholic do you condemn those practices?

Stop quoting scripture when it suits your need then because you sir, are a hypocrit!