PDA

View Full Version : A Mighty Wind blows through Republican convention

stephanie
09-11-2008, 10:44 PM
:cuckoo:
Last Updated: Friday, September 5, 2008 | 8:48 PM ET Comments381Recommend253By Heather Mallick, special to CBC News
I assume John McCain chose Sarah Palin as his vice-presidential partner in a fit of pique because the Republican money men refused to let him have the stuffed male shirt he really wanted. She added nothing to the ticket that the Republicans didn't already have sewn up, the white trash vote, the demographic that sullies America's name inside and outside its borders yet has such a curious appeal for the right.

So why do it?

It's possible that Republican men, sexual inadequates that they are, really believe that women will vote for a woman just because she's a woman. They're unfamiliar with our true natures. Do they think vaginas call out to each other in the jungle night? I mean, I know men have their secret meetings at which they pledge to do manly things, like being irresponsible with their semen and postponing household repairs with glue and used matches. Guys will be guys, obviously.

But do they not know that women have been trained to resent other women and that they only learn to suppress this by constantly berating themselves and reading columns like this one? I'm a feminist who understands that women can nurse terrible and delicate woman hatred.

Palin was not a sure choice, not even for the stolidly Republican ladies branch of Citizens for a Tackier America. No, she isn't even female really. She's a type, and she comes in male form too.

John Doyle, the cleverest critic in Canada, comes right out and calls Palin an Alaska hillbilly. Damn his eyes, I wish I'd had the wit to come up with it first. It's safer than "white trash" but I'll pluck safety out of the nettle danger. Or something.

Doyle's job includes watching a lot of reality television and he's well-versed in the backstory. White trash — not trailer trash, that's something different — is rural, loud, proudly unlettered (like Bush himself), suspicious of the urban, frankly disbelieving of the foreign, and a fan of the American cliché of authenticity. The semiotics are pure Palin: a sturdy body, clothes that are clinging yet boxy and a voice that could peel the plastic seal off your new microwave.

read the rest and THE COMMENTS..
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/09/05/f-vp-mallick.html#socialcomments

Mr. P
09-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Gabby has been published? Wow! :laugh2:

stephanie
09-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Gabby has been published? Wow! :laugh2:

you're a baaaaad boy.........:laugh2:

theHawk
09-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Right, Republican women aren't real women. Just like how Republicans blacks aren't really black.

09-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Right, Republican women aren't real women. Just like how Republicans blacks aren't really black.

You cant be a member of a demographic group unless your liberal. Sorry. its just a fact. Cause everyone who is anyone is liberal. If you're conservative youre just a wacko nut job.

Mr. P
09-12-2008, 08:52 AM
You cant be a member of a demographic group unless your liberal. Sorry. its just a fact. Cause everyone who is anyone is liberal. If you're conservative youre just a wacko nut job.

Or one of the evil rich.

krisy
09-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Sounds like a lesbian,a real man hater.

Ladies,I think we all better keep an eye on our men,we don't want them being irresponsible with their semen.:coffee: