PDA

View Full Version : Biden is the new Dan Quayle.....

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-12-2008, 09:19 AM
For those of you that don't know...Sen Chuck Graham is confined to a wheelchair.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2mzbuRgnI4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2mzbuRgnI4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

retiredman
09-12-2008, 09:42 AM
For those of you that don't know...Sen Chuck Graham is confined to a wheelchair.....

my guess is, that would be darn near everyone.:lol:

BFD

theHawk
09-12-2008, 09:58 AM
You're so full of shit MFM. If Palin had done that they'd be replaying it 24/7 and you know it.

Biden is a bafoon, its quite clear that picking him was a huge mistake by Obammy.

retiredman
09-12-2008, 10:00 AM
You're so full of shit MFM. If Palin had done that they'd be replaying it 24/7 and you know it.

Biden is a bafoon, its quite clear that picking him was a huge mistake by Obammy.

simple question: did YOU know that State Senator Graham was confined to a wheel chair...yes or no?

and I heard Palin say that pit bull joke 24/7 for a whole week.:lol:

stephanie
09-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I think the only reason the Obambam picked Biden, is they didn't want anyone who would outshine the boy wonder..

man did they pick well...poor ole Biden aint the sharpest knife in the drawer...:laugh2:

hjmick
09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Holy crap... I hope Biden apologized to Graham.

retiredman
09-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Holy crap... I hope Biden apologized to Graham.

he did on the spot.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-12-2008, 10:23 AM
I wonder if he can spell P-O-T-A-T-O (E)?????

hjmick
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
he did on the spot.

I didn't catch that. Good for him. Still, that is more than a little embarassing.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Wow, what a gaffe!

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Did you see the one, where Biden said Hillary would be a better pick than him for VEEP?

Abbey Marie
09-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Did you see the one, where Biden said Hillary would be a better pick than him for VEEP?

Yes, there's a thread here about it somewhere. Really gives you confidence in him as VP, and as that old heartbeat away from the Presidency, doesn't it?

retiredman
09-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I didn't catch that. Good for him. Still, that is more than a little embarassing.

I'll ask you:

simple question: did YOU know that State Senator Graham was confined to a wheel chair...yes or no?

Abbey Marie
09-12-2008, 10:53 AM
I'll ask you:

If Mick was going to address him in a speech, I am sure he would know.

theHawk
09-12-2008, 10:58 AM

and I heard Palin say that pit bull joke 24/7 for a whole week.:lol:

If I was standing right in fucking front of him and talking about him, I think I would know!!!! :finger3:

retiredman
09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
If I was standing right in fucking front of him and talking about him, I think I would know!!!! :finger3:

my guess is: he had never met the guy. He had been told that he was in the audience and that he should recognize him. I certainly used to feed that sort of info to my state senator when I managed her campaigns... I'd give her a slip of paper with the names of big donors or supporters in the audience before she started her stump speech.

hjmick
09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I'll ask you:

Actually, yes I did, though I'm not sure why I know. It's not like I think about Chuck Graham very often. I'm not even sure how I came by this knowledge. It may have when he was arrested fir a DUI back in '07.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Actually, yes I did, though I'm not sure why I know. It's not like I think about Chuck Graham very often. I'm not even sure how I came by this knowledge. It may have when he was arrested fir a DUI back in '07.

:laugh2: You are a sly one!

retiredman
09-12-2008, 11:08 AM

I am impressed that a california guy would know that much about missouri state politicians.

(you are aware that this is not Bob Graham from FL or Lindsey Graham from SC...both NATIONAL politicians?)

hjmick
09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
I am impressed that a california guy would know that much about missouri state politicians.

No need to be impressed, I don't know that much about the guy. As I recall, the only reason I know he is paralyzed is because of the arrest. I seem to recall thinking at the time, what the hell is a guy who is paralyzed from the neck down doing driving? I also recall wondering why he, who has been a paraplegic since a car accident when he was 16 didn't know better that to drive drunk.

Now, you may ask, if I don't think about him all that often, how do I remember this stuff? Well, to be honest, I used it as fodder in a partisan argument (yes, there was a time not so long ago when I took the whole Rep/Dem crap much more seriously) on another political message board.

(you are aware that this is not Bob Graham from FL or Lindsey Graham from SC...both NATIONAL politicians?)

Yes, yes I am. :D

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 11:39 AM
my guess is: he had never met the guy. He had been told that he was in the audience and that he should recognize him. I certainly used to feed that sort of info to my state senator when I managed her campaigns... I'd give her a slip of paper with the names of big donors or supporters in the audience before she started her stump speech.

1) I think Senator Biden addressed the state senator and didn't know about his condition.

2) As far as I am concerned he handled the issue quite well, when he realized Senator Graham's handicap by asking everyone else to stand up for him.

Let me ask you though, as one who fed your State Senator information, wasn't it your job to make certain that she knew this kind of important information in advance?

So, I think the person who was supposed to get that information to Senator Biden should be fired! Not!! But, it should be re-iterated that this was embarrassing to Senator Biden and to be more careful in the future.

Immie

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-12-2008, 11:45 AM
So, I think the person who was supposed to get that information to Senator Biden should be fired! Not!! But, it should be re-iterated that this was embarrassing to Senator Biden and to be more careful in the future.

Immie

Don't you think, that after close to 30 years of public office, he should know the drill, already?

stephanie
09-12-2008, 11:51 AM

good grief...you have an excuse for EVERY DEMOCRAT(no matter what kind of an asshole they are)..

even ones who go out and cheat on their wives...yet you turn around and pick on little kids who make a mistake, to attack their mother..

pathetic

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Don't you think, that after close to 30 years of public office, he should know the drill, already?

I don't think he should know every State Senator from every State in the union. No, I don't think he should know that.

If you mean the person who fed him the information, maybe that person has only been with Senator Biden a short time.

It was an embarassing moment for Senator Biden, but not one that was terrible. So what he didn't know someone was in a wheel chair? Shame on him.

Immie

09-12-2008, 12:09 PM

So you are suggesting that he had no clue the guy was in a wheel chair, despite the fact that when he realized what he had said his stated he wasnt thinking about it. Seems pretty clear to me that he knew, but he forgot.

Honestly, this is mostly just funny. And you are complaining about Palin.

However, if this will just be the tip of the iceberg before November. Biden is a gaffe machine. I think he averages about 2 a day.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
It's merely an embarrassing moment? Who determines if it is terrible or not?

Perhaps the hundreds of thousands handicapped folks who were offended.....

Who determines when someone gets a pass for such a gaff, or who determines when we should just let something go?

Perhaps seeing it all, will help us make a better decision about how careless the candidates areally are.....

I don't give my politicians a pass when they make errors in judgment....I do like Biden, but he is really has the potential to become the next caricature in Washington DC....that so many will have fun with.....

....now has anyone seen those videos of Biden's sexist statements laying around anywhere?

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 12:23 PM
It's merely an embarrassing moment? Who determines if it is terrible or not?

Perhaps the hundreds of thousands handicapped folks who were offended.....

Who determines when someone gets a pass for such a gaff, or who determines when we should just let something go?

Perhaps seeing it all, will help us make a better decision about how careless the candidates areally are.....

I don't give my politicians a pass when they make errors in judgment....I do like Biden, but he is really has the potential to become the next caricature in Washington DC....that so many will have fun with.....

....now has anyone seen those videos of Biden's sexist statements laying around anywhere?

Offended handicapped people? Offended by the fact that Senator Biden treated State Senator Graham as if he didn't have a handicap? That doesn't make sense to me.

Who gets to determine if it was terrible? The voters. If that one "gaffe" was the only thing I had against Senators Obama and Biden, I would be voting for them come November 4... I'm not, but that is besides the point.

And comparing him to Dan Quayle? Well, Senator Biden should be thrilled. ;)

Immie

Gadget (fmr Marine)
09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
And comparing him to Dan Quayle? Well, Senator Biden should be thrilled. ;)

Immie

Here comes a blast from the past....some of the greatest Dan Quayle moments of all time....that Joe Biden should be thrilled with the comparison.

Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.

Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is IN the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here. (Hawaii, September 1989)

What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is. (while speaking to the United Negro College Fund)

You all look like happy campers to me. Happy campers you are, happy campers you have been, and, as far as I am concerned, happy campers you will always be. (to the American Samoans, whose capital Quayle pronounces "Pogo Pogo")

We expect them [Salvadoran officials] to work toward the elimination of human rights.

El Salvador is a democracy so it's not surprising that there are many voices to be heard here. Yet in my conversations with Salvadorans... I have heard a single voice.

I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.

If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure. (to the Phoenix Republican Forum, March 1990)

I want to be Robin to Bush's Batman.

... getting [cruise missiles] more accurate so that we can have precise precision.

Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

I have made good judgements in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future.

I was known as the chief grave robber of my state.

We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world.

I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe.

I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican.

The other day [the President] said, I know you've had some rough times, and I want to do something that will show the nation what faith that I have in you, in your maturity and sense of responsibility. (He paused, then said) Would you like a puppy? (LA Times 5/21/89)

In George Bush you get experience, and with me you get- The Future! (in eastern Illinois (LA Times 10/19/88))

I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.

My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will, never, never surrender to what is right (in a speech to the Christian Coalition)

We are leaders of the world of the space program. We have been the leaders of the world of our... of the space program and we're not going to continue where we're going to go, not withstanding the Soviet Union's demise and collapse - the former Soviet Union - we now have independent republics which used to be called the Soviet Union. Space is the next frontier to be explored. And we're going to explore. Think of all the things we rely upon in space today: communications from... Japan, detection of potential ballistic missle attacks. Ballistic missiles are still here. Other nations do have ballistic missles. How do you think we were able to detect some of the Scud missles and things like that? Space, reconnaissance, weather, communications - you name it. We use space a lot today.

Who's responsible for the riots? The rioters! (Herb Caen, SF Chronicle)

Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it.

Speaking as a man, it's not a woman's issue. Us men are tired of losing our women (talking about breast cancer)

I deserve respect for the things I did not do.

I feel that this [1981] is my first year, that next year is an election year, that the third year is the mid point and that the fourth year is the last chance I'll have to make a record since the last two years, I'll be a candidate again. Everything I do in those last two years will be posturing for the election. But right now I don't have to do that.

This president is going to lead us out of this recovery. (at a campaign stop in California and and then at CA State University, Fresno (The Quayle Quarterly, Spring/Summer 1992))

We are ready for any unforseen event that may or may not occur.

For NASA, space is still a high priority.

[The U.S. victory in Gulf war was a] stirring victory for the forces of aggression.

The best thing about rain forests is they never suffer from drought.

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Here comes a blast from the past....some of the greatest Dan Quayle moments of all time....that Joe Biden should be thrilled with the comparison.

Do you really hate Dan Quayle that much that you have saved all of these this long? ;) or do you have a link to that site, it could be a funny site?

Just carrousing the list of mis-speaks, I came on this and almost choked on the Wheat Thin I was munching on.

I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.

Immie

Trigg
09-12-2008, 12:32 PM
With Biden walking around at least the libs can shut up about McCain's gaffes.

Here are a few good ones from the Herald Tribune.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/11/america/biden.php

The guy who, on the day Obama announced him as his running mate, referred to his party's presidential nominee as "Barack America" and noted that his own wife, Jill, a college professor, was "drop-dead gorgeous" but who, problematically, possessed a doctorate.

The guy who has said he is running for president (not vice president) and who confused army brigades with battalions. Who referred to his Republican vice-presidential opponent as the lieutenant governor of Alaska.

Aides to Obama said that Biden's propensity to misspeak could pose problems, particularly in the vice-presidential debate on Oct. 2. They are watching his performance on the trail warily, but so far have not tried to rein him in.

But they have assigned a couple of veteran minders to travel with him

retiredman
09-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Let me ask you though, as one who fed your State Senator information, wasn't it your job to make certain that she knew this kind of important information in advance?

Immie

well... it depends.... sometimes we'd blow into some bean supper fundraiser in some small hamlet and she'd be running late as always, and the local party leader would only have time to give me the barest of essentials. I would hope that they would include such information, but I can easily imagine situations where they would not.

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 01:54 PM
well... it depends.... sometimes we'd blow into some bean supper fundraiser in some small hamlet and she'd be running late as always, and the local party leader would only have time to give me the barest of essentials. I would hope that they would include such information, but I can easily imagine situations where they would not.

As can I which is why I don't think this was such a big deal. It isn't like it was an intentional {ducks} lipstick smear. :p pun intended

Immie

tlfb
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Do you really hate Dan Quayle that much that you have saved all of these this long? ;) or do you have a link to that site, it could be a funny site?

Just carrousing the list of mis-speaks, I came on this and almost choked on the Wheat Thin I was munching on.

ImmieDan Quayle was the absolute best! I had a lot of his quotes on my fridge, just walk by read and have a quick chuckle

MtnBiker
09-12-2008, 06:35 PM
If McCain wins the Presidency it will be recognized that Palin was a big contributor to the win, that she energized the base and excited the campaign. It will also be recognized that had Obama picked Hillary as his vp they would have been almost unstoppable. What a crappy spot for Biden to be in.

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 06:39 PM
If McCain wins the Presidency it will be recognized that Palin was a big contributor to the win, that she energized the base and excited the campaign. It will also be recognized that had Obama picked Hillary as his vp they would have been almost unstoppable. What a crappy spot for Biden to be in.

As the saying goes, "It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy".

Immie