PDA

View Full Version : Obama gets tough questions on experience: chokes

Yurt
09-12-2008, 09:52 AM
GIBSON: Can you look the country in the eye and say "I have the experience and I have the ability to be not just vice president, but perhaps president of the United States of America?"

GIBSON: And you didn't say to yourself, "Am I experienced enough? Am I ready? Do I know enough about international affairs? Do I -- will I feel comfortable enough on the national stage to do this?"

GIBSON: Didn't that take some hubris?

GIBSON: But this is not just reforming a government. This is also running a government on the huge international stage in a very dangerous world. When I asked John McCain about your national security credentials, he cited the fact that you have commanded the Alaskan National Guard and that Alaska is close to Russia. Are those sufficient credentials?

GIBSON: I know. I'm just saying that national security is a whole lot more than energy.

GIBSON: Did you ever travel outside the country prior to your trip to Kuwait and Germany last year?

GIBSON: Have you ever met a foreign head of state?

obama choked on each question, imagine that

retiredman
09-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Charles Gibson did not ask Obama those questions. Why not wait until he does and see how he answers....rather than making up silly threads like this one? Or better yet, go back and read the transcripts of all the democratic primary debates and reacquaint yourself on how Obama DID answer similar questions.

theHawk
09-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Yes, we know his experience came up in the primaries. Which is why we have priceless videos of Biden and Hillary saying he has absolutely no experience to be Commander in Cheif. He never said anything to counter it then, because he had no defense for it, he can't just make up experience on his resume.

Yurt
09-12-2008, 10:02 AM
its tongue n cheek to show just what a crock the media is.

can any obama supporter answer those questions and show how he is anymore qualified than palin? you won't because you know that to answer those questions proves obama is not qualified. go ahead, answer them. i double dog dare you.

retiredman
09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
its tongue n cheek to show just what a crock the media is.

can any obama supporter answer those questions and show how he is anymore qualified than palin? you won't because you know that to answer those questions proves obama is not qualified. go ahead, answer them. i double dog dare you.

I am not Obama...I would not presume to answer anything on his behalf. Like I said... he answered many many tough questions in a long and grueling series of debates. If you are truly interested in his answers, go back and read them.

Yurt
09-12-2008, 10:10 AM
I am not Obama...I would not presume to answer anything on his behalf. Like I said... he answered many many tough questions in a long and grueling series of debates. If you are truly interested in his answers, go back and read them.

some of those questions are objective mfm and can be easily answered by anyone who knows their candidate, you know that

retiredman
09-12-2008, 10:14 AM
some of those questions are objective mfm and can be easily answered by anyone who knows their candidate, you know that

answer them yourself then.

I repeat:

"I am not Obama...I would not presume to answer anything on his behalf. Like I said... he answered many many tough questions in a long and grueling series of debates. If you are truly interested in his answers, go back and read them."

Yurt
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
ok, besides mfm, any obama follower have the guts to try and answer any of those questions. mfm refuses to speak for obama, but has no problem speaking for and about palin, both her motherhood and her political experience.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Yes, we know his experience came up in the primaries. Which is why we have priceless videos of Biden and Hillary saying he has absolutely no experience to be Commander in Cheif. He never said anything to counter it then, because he had no defense for it, he can't just make up experience on his resume.

I would love to see McCain run those clips in a campaign ad, right before Election Day.

Yurt
09-12-2008, 11:53 AM
mfm won't speak for obama, but no problem for palin:

I would further suggest that Sarah Palin herself considered her daughter's unwanted pregnancy out of wedlock to be a personal failure at some level. I know that I would.

Yurt
09-12-2008, 03:33 PM
bueller, bueller...

great another thread the dems on this board are too afraid to address

manu1959
09-12-2008, 03:43 PM
GIBSON: Can you look the country in the eye and say "I have the experience and I have the ability to be not just vice president, but perhaps president of the United States of America?"

OBAMA: yes

GIBSON: And you didn't say to yourself, "Am I experienced enough? Am I ready? Do I know enough about international affairs? Do I -- will I feel comfortable enough on the national stage to do this?"

GIBSON: Didn't that take some hubris?

GIBSON: But this is not just reforming a government. This is also running a government on the huge international stage in a very dangerous world. When I asked Joe Biden about your national security credentials, he cited the fact that you have visited Iraq. Are those sufficient credentials?

GIBSON: I know. I'm just saying that national security is a whole lot more than energy.

OBAMA: yes it is

GIBSON: Did you ever travel outside the country prior to your trip to iraq last year?

GIBSON: Have you ever met a foreign head of state?

psssssssssst.........my answers would be the same

Yurt
09-12-2008, 03:59 PM
didn't obama meet foreign heads of state on his world campaign tour? and his visiting a foreign country occur in his childhood. at least "obama" admits it is hubris :laugh2:

but hey, someone has the cajones to answer :cheers2:

IrishCop
09-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Like Charles Gibson is gonna ask Obama those questions. It'll be a little more like this:

Q: So whose going to win the World Series?

Q: Do you prefer Latte's or capucino?

Q: Is it tough being perfect?

Q: (With apologies to BaBa WaWa) If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?