PDA

View Full Version : Don't taze me bro!

gabosaurus
09-12-2008, 01:02 PM
I am guessing that the blood thirsty shark lawyers are going to be ALL over this one.
Some guy goes bananas and the police are called. He takes on three police, with one of them tasering him. As they attempt to subdue him, he kicks one officer in the stomach. They taser him again. Medical units are called to treat him.
Despite the two taser shots, guy manages to crawl under a car. So they taser him again in order to get him out. Dude later dies.
I can see the family shopping for lawyers now. Since he was unarmed and ill.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/sep/12/man-tased-dies-struggle-hillsborough-deputies/news-metro/

Trigg
09-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't understand why the police would taser him that many times in such a short period. The police department should be questioned about this.

theHawk
09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
They should of just gave him an old fashioned ass-beating. Tazers should only be used in very rare situations. And clearly, if it doesn't work the first time, just use the batons.

Mr. P
09-12-2008, 02:28 PM
I bet he was very high on drugs, there is no case.

I remember a video of some guy so high on drugs that they tazed him 3 times before he hit the ground.

Gaffer
09-12-2008, 02:35 PM
When they are high on drugs or just plain crazy batons mean nothing. They feel no pain. Tazors are the best way to go. At least you can zap him multiple times and not have to get close enough for him to take a swing at you.

diuretic
09-12-2008, 05:55 PM
He crawled under a car. I'd have left him there, he has to come out some time.

Noir
09-12-2008, 07:35 PM

Exactly, what did they expect to achieve by doing it under the car?

diuretic
09-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Exactly, what did they expect to achieve by doing it under the car?

Some cops get their knickers in a twist over control. It's a cop's job to control things. When things get out of control some cops don't like it (and usually with good reason). This bloke effectively made the cops feel like idiots so they didn't think rationally, I'd say the blood was up. Been there myself so I can't point fingers. But it was really stupid to taser the bloke when he wasn't able to go anywhere. They should have realised he'd come out when he was ready.

Mr. P
09-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Some cops get their knickers in a twist over control. It's a cop's job to control things. When things get out of control some cops don't like it (and usually with good reason). This bloke effectively made the cops feel like idiots so they didn't think rationally, I'd say the blood was up. Been there myself so I can't point fingers. But it was really stupid to taser the bloke when he wasn't able to go anywhere. They should have realised he'd come out when he was ready.

I'm sure they did...But how long do you allow a perp to "control" the situation?
I would have moved the car..then tazed him again.:laugh2:

manu1959
09-13-2008, 01:03 AM

just let the air out of the tires.......he will crawl out....