PDA

View Full Version : Whoops! Obama On McCain Lack of Emails

Kathianne
09-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Another unforced error of Obama:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OTliMTNiZjg5ZDEwZWNiZDYwZWFjN2JlNjNjNjkxZmM=

Wondering No More [Jonah Goldberg]

Yep. The day after 9/11, as part of its "get tough" makeover, the Obama campaign is mocking John McCain for not using a computer, without caring why he doesn't use a computer. From the AP story about the computer illiterate ad:

"Our economy wouldn't survive without the Internet, and cyber-security continues to represent one our most serious national security threats," [Obama spokesman Dan] Pfeiffer said. "It's extraordinary that someone who wants to be our president and our commander in chief doesn't know how to send an e-mail."

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by "extraordinary." The reason he doesn't send email is that he can't use a keyboard because of the relentless beatings he received from the Viet Cong in service to our country. From the Boston Globe (March 4, 2000):

McCain gets emotional at the mention of military families needing food stamps or veterans lacking health care. The outrage comes from inside: McCain's severe war injuries prevent him from combing his hair, typing on a keyboard, or tying his shoes. Friends marvel at McCain's encyclopedic knowledge of sports. He's an avid fan - Ted Williams is his hero - but he can't raise his arm above his shoulder to throw a baseball.

In a similar vein I guess it's an outrage that the blind governor of New York David Patterson doesn't know how to drive a car. After all, transportation issues are pretty important. How dare he serve as governor while being ignorant of what it's like to navigate New York's highways.

Can't the geniuses in the Obama campaign google back to 2000? Hello???

theHawk
09-12-2008, 07:06 PM
What a fucking shitbag, to attack a disabled vet for his disablity.

HIGH CLASS Obama, REAL HIGH CLASS.

I guess its "ok" because we don't expect an uninformed cokehead like Obama to know these things.

:pee: Obama

Kathianne
09-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Hmm, wasn't it Obama that said that his experience in leading his campaign qualified him to be president? Not doing such a hot job lately. :smoke:

theHawk
09-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Hmm, wasn't it Obama that said that his experience in leading his campaign qualified him to be president? Not doing such a hot job lately. :smoke:

I certainly hope the McCain camp releases a counter-ad stating exactly why McCain can't use email. And ask the question 'Is this the new politics that obama has promised?'

Abbey Marie
09-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes folks, the Dem gaffes just keep coming. :coffee:

Yurt
09-12-2008, 09:18 PM
can obama fly an airplane? because this economy would not survive without airplanes. can obama create a microchip? because this economy would not survive without them.

what a moron.

retiredman
09-12-2008, 09:25 PM
can obama fly an airplane? because this economy would not survive without airplanes. can obama create a microchip? because this economy would not survive without them.

what a moron.
if Steven Hawking can send emails, John McCain ought to be able to send emails, doncha think?:laugh2:

stephanie
09-12-2008, 09:26 PM
This was a stupid ad to begin with...not everyone owns or uses a computer..

that ad looks like something they would use in HIGH SCHOOL..of course that is most of the Obambam supporters anyway, and the so called adults who support him all act like they are in HIGH SCHOOL....:rolleyes:

theHawk
09-12-2008, 09:40 PM
if Steven Hawking can send emails, John McCain ought to be able to send emails, doncha think?:laugh2:

That was addressed in the article if you bothered reading it...

One reader says "Steven Hawking knows how to use a computer!" Yes, because if he didn't he couldn't do his job or communicate. McCain, like Clinton, didn't have that problem. Here's a more sane version of t he same complaint:

You are ridiculous about this. While of course McCain probably can't type for long periods or in the manner in which many of us do, there are a tremendous amount of people that peck with just their index fingers. He also can surely use a mouse. How much typing do you really have to do to send emails and use the internet. Plus, when he was asked point blank about it he never said he couldn't type. I am sure he can't use a blackberry, but there are tons of people with far worse injuries than McCain that use a computer

That's absolutely true, I'm sure. But they need to use computers to get through life. McCain doesn't. And the fact that he's not blaming his disability hardly sounds like a serious indictment. If he did blame his disability, many of the same folks yelling at me would be complaining that McCain's whining.

Now, I'd hardly be surprised if McCain could type for short stretches and all that. The point is, that it's perfectly understandable why he wouldn't get in the habit of it.

Gaffer
09-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Steven Hawkings does not use a computer. His aide does. Everything is done for him by other people. Really piss poor comparison.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I saw that ad, and I laughed. Wasn't it supposed to be funny? :laugh:

I think it's just super that this is all they've got.

manu1959
09-13-2008, 12:09 AM

e-mail.....talk about the downfall of communication.....worst thing ever invented......

hjmick
09-13-2008, 11:34 AM
From the article:

Bill Clinton sent two emails during his entire presidency and often admitted he didn't know squat about the internet.

And from an interview linked in the article:

Q: What websites if any do you look at regularly?

Mr. McCain: Brooke and Mark show me Drudge, obviously, everybody watches, for better or for worse, Drudge. Sometimes I look at Politico. Sometimes RealPolitics, sometimes.

(Mrs. McCain and Ms. Buchanan both interject: “Meagan’s blog!”)

Mr. McCain: Excuse me, Meagan’s blog. And we also look at the blogs from Michael and from you that may not be in the newspaper, that are just part of your blog.

Q: But do you go on line for yourself?

Mr. McCain: They go on for me. I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don’t expect to be a great communicator, I don’t expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need – including going to my daughter’s blog first, before anything else.

Q: Do you use a blackberry or email?

Mr. McCain: No

Mark Salter: He uses a BlackBerry, just ours.

Mr. McCain: I use the Blackberry, but I don’t e-mail, I’ve never felt the particular need to e-mail. I read e-mails all the time, but the communications that I have with my friends and staff are oral and done with my cell phone. I have the luxury of being in contact with them literally all the time. We now have a phone on the plane that is usable on the plane, so I just never really felt a need to do it. But I do – could I just say, really – I understand the impact of blogs on American politics today and political campaigns. I understand that. And I understand that something appears on one blog, can ricochet all around and get into the evening news, the front page of The New York Times. So, I do pay attention to the blogs. And I am not in any way unappreciative of the impact that they have on entire campaigns and world opinion.

Sounds like he is familiar enough with the internet, has no use for e-mail (hell, neither do I) but could easily send one if need be, so I'm too worried. Besides, is it really that important?

Immanuel
09-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Bill Clinton sent two emails during his entire presidency and often admitted he didn't know squat about the internet.

email #1

to:monicalewinsky@bluedress.com

Same place? Same Time?

email #2

to:monicalewinsky@bluedress.com

Great! Don't forget the cigars.

retiredman
09-13-2008, 12:55 PM
From the article:

And from an interview linked in the article:

Sounds like he is familiar enough with the internet, has no use for e-mail (hell, neither do I) but could easily send one if need be, so I'm too worried. Besides, is it really that important?

it's certainly every bit as important as LIPSTICK!:laugh2:

Kathianne
09-13-2008, 01:06 PM

Lipstick, another unforced error, but you just keep rolling with those. :laugh2:

hjmick
09-13-2008, 01:24 PM

You know where I stand on that issue, a red herring as far as I'm concerned.

retiredman
09-13-2008, 01:27 PM
You know where I stand on that issue, a red herring as far as I'm concerned.

every side needs to have red herrings ready to throw back at their opponents when the opponents throw red herrings. lipstick...emails... six of one... half a dozen of the other. ;)