PDA

View Full Version : little perturbed over a commercial I heard on the radio today

Trinity
09-12-2008, 07:42 PM
It was for buffalo wings and rings......There are two guys talking about a football game, and one of their buddies who one of the guys made a bet with, if a certain football team lost he would have to run naked in the parking lot.

These two guys are talking about this and there buddy is running outside in the parking lot naked. Every once in a while he yells in hey it's raining, and the other two are like it's starting to rain out. Then he yells in hey it's lightning out here, and the two guys say hey that was kinda close. Then you hear police sirens come in and the two guys saying he is getting arrested.

They end the commercial with one guy saying to the other wait a minute that game didn't happen today, the other guy says yeah it was on sports classic. and they got a big laugh out of it.

This would have been funny if in today's world getting arrested and convicted for streaking in a parking lot didn't get you a guaranteed spot on the sex offender registry and ruin your life forever.

I got the impression this was geared towards younger men and the pranks they play and find funny the problem with this is it is implying it is ok to act like this without revealing the true consequences of these actions. This isn't a pay out ticket, it is a serious crime in almost all states and will screw someone's life up forever!

Why would a business encourage behavior like this?

Noir
09-12-2008, 07:46 PM
you get guaranteed spot on the sex offender registry!!!!

Good lord, does that extend to simply being naked in a public place? i.e. streakers or flashers?

Trinity
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM

Good lord, does that extend to simply being naked in a public place? i.e. streakers or flashers?

oh you have no idea how utterly ridiculous it has gotten!

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 07:51 PM

Yes... and naked in my daughters bedroom to boot. :cool:

I agree Trinity. They could have picked a different punishment for losing the bet.

Immie

Noir
09-12-2008, 07:57 PM
lawl, like 90% of eveyone i know would be on this registy if not more, were's the fun in life without nudity?

And immie like i said, worry not, for i shan't go to them...but when they come to me they will find we are much more liberal about such tom-foolery

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 08:04 PM
lawl, like 90% of eveyone i know would be on this registy if not more, were's the fun in life without nudity?

And immie like i said, worry not, for i shan't go to them...but when they come to me they will find we are much more liberal about such tom-foolery

Back to the registry, what is most perturbing to me is that if two people have been boyfriend and girlfriend since they were both underage and one is say two years older than the other, in some states if they were having sex before the older came of age and continued to do so after wards, the older can actually be charged with Statutory Rape and put on the child predator list for the rest of their lives.

Now, many states (or maybe all, I don't know for sure) are starting to liberalize that as they should, but I must say, I worry about it for my son (whom I pray, I have done a good job of parenting with but I won't know for sure until he is married) because once on that list your life is ruined.

Immie

Trinity
09-12-2008, 08:07 PM
you know what I find messed up is the outrageous laws that they are trying to implement. Not only do I have to teach my boy's to be wary of others in certain situations and things that could happen, I now have to teach my boy's to be careful when undressing, be aware of where you are and who is around you, and if anyone could possibly see you. Do not touch anyone and god help you when you turn 18 you better make damn sure you check that girls ID before you ever think about even kissing her.

And to think I raised my boy's not to be embarrassed of nudity it's a natural thing, kick that out the door, doesn't work with the new laws they are trying to implement.

Noir
09-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Back to the registry, what is most perturbing to me is that if two people have been boyfriend and girlfriend since they were both underage and one is say two years older than the other, in some states if they were having sex before the older came of age and continued to do so after wards, the older can actually be charged with Statutory Rape and put on the child predator list for the rest of their lives.

Immie

I had a similar kind of problem, where my girlfriend lived in england (were the age of consent is 16) and i live in N. Ireland (were its 17) So when i went to visit her anything was legal but not when she came to visit me, thankfully its all being sorted out and NI are bringing there age of consent into line with the rest of the UK.

5stringJeff
09-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I think the sex offender registry is a crock. If someone is still a threat to society, or members thereof, they should be in jail. Once they are let out of jail, they should be as free as any other ex-prisoner.

Trinity
09-12-2008, 08:17 PM

Now, many states (or maybe all, I don't know for sure) are starting to liberalize that as they should, but I must say, I worry about it for my son (whom I pray, I have done a good job of parenting with but I won't know for sure until he is married) because once on that list your life is ruined.

Immie

You got that right......... because the first time someone hear's sex offender they automatically assume oh you must be a predator or a child molester. No one takes the time to examine the actual facts of the case to see what the facts were. And of course this new AWA law that went into effect, in quite a few states, you can't get that information there. You need to know the person's first and last name, and county and state, the conviction occurred in to get the true facts of the case. and even then they are sometimes questionable.

I know a man personally who was solely convicted on his own testimony, no evidence, no witnesses. But that's what happens when you are 18 and have a public defender who doesn't give a rats ass about the person only about the stigma applied. He plead guilty to one thing but in fact was convicted of another that he was completely unaware of until i met him and read over his court documents needless to say he was quite shocked. That's what happens when your young and can't afford real legal counsel and don't understand legal jarbel.

Mr. P
09-12-2008, 08:19 PM
It was for buffalo wings and rings......There are two guys talking about a football game, and one of their buddies who one of the guys made a bet with, if a certain football team lost he would have to run naked in the parking lot.

These two guys are talking about this and there buddy is running outside in the parking lot naked. Every once in a while he yells in hey it's raining, and the other two are like it's starting to rain out. Then he yells in hey it's lightning out here, and the two guys say hey that was kinda close. Then you hear police sirens come in and the two guys saying he is getting arrested.

They end the commercial with one guy saying to the other wait a minute that game didn't happen today, the other guy says yeah it was on sports classic. and they got a big laugh out of it.

This would have been funny if in today's world getting arrested and convicted for streaking in a parking lot didn't get you a guaranteed spot on the sex offender registry and ruin your life forever.

I got the impression this was geared towards younger men and the pranks they play and find funny the problem with this is it is implying it is ok to act like this without revealing the true consequences of these actions. This isn't a pay out ticket, it is a serious crime in almost all states and will screw someone's life up forever!

Why would a business encourage behavior like this?

Oh please! If someone is so dumb that they would emulate a commercial or anything else on tv they should be arrested. Where's the PERSONAL responsibility?

Trinity
09-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Maybe I should add this .....don't get me wrong I completely despise people who take advantage of young children in any sexual manner and those who do should be locked up for life. The cases I have the issue with are the Romeo and Juliet cases or streaking or someone urinating in public or selling sex toy's or video's in a store. I mean come on when do we draw the line. The way things are going in another 20 years we will all be on the sex offender registry.

Trinity
09-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh please! If someone is so dumb that they would emulate a commercial or anything else on tv they should be arrested. Where's the PERSONAL responsibility?

hhmmmm let's see didn't I just have this very same issue with personal responsibility the night before last involving my friend, my 9 year old son, and her 2 year old daughter.......enough said.

Sorry I should have thrown this in too....lol