PDA

View Full Version : where were you on...

actsnoblemartin
09-12-2008, 09:47 PM
ask the dp members where they were on any date

The first date i have is december 8, 1980

Where were you?

hjmick
09-12-2008, 09:55 PM
I was 16...

On my way to school, I heard the news on the radio. First thing I did when I got of the bus was leave campus and go to a nearby dairy and pick up a copy of the Los Angeles Times. I still have it around here somewhere...

(edit)

Wait, that was the next day...

I heard the news that night, in my bedroom.

retiredman
09-12-2008, 10:06 PM
I was in an Irish Bar in San Francisco having a pint of Guinness when I heard about the terrible events in Manhattan outside the Dakota.

Mr. P
09-12-2008, 10:10 PM
ask the dp members where they were on any date

The first date i have is december 8, 1980

Where were you?

I was teaching at the U.S. Army Aviation School, living in Enterprise Al.
A musician friend called and told me.

Immanuel
09-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Okay, I know this is going to piss a bunch of you off, but I actually had to google the date to figure out what happened on 12/8/80. I don't know where I was that day and the fact that it was the day that John Lennon was killed, doesn't really bring any memories up either.

Sorry... but my life didn't skip a beat on that day.

Immie

Mr. P
09-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Okay, I know this is going to piss a bunch of you off, but I actually had to google the date to figure out what happened on 12/8/80. I don't know where I was that day and the fact that it was the day that John Lennon was killed, doesn't really bring any memories up either.

Immie

Me too Immie, the call from my friend is really the only reason I remember the event or where I was. I never did care for the group...now THAT'LL piss some folks off. :cheers2:

Gaffer
09-12-2008, 10:27 PM
I didn't know what it was about at first either. I was at work, at the old Ohio Penitentiary. I think I had tower duty that day.

hjmick
09-12-2008, 10:45 PM
I didn't know what it was about at first either. I was at work, at the old Ohio Penitentiary. I think I had tower duty that day.

Did you ever work at the Chillicothe facility?

dan
09-12-2008, 11:16 PM

Immie

YOU feel bad? I'm looking at a poster of Lennon on my wall right now and I had no idea what the significance of the date was!:slap:

I was but a gleam in my dad's eye.

manu1959
09-12-2008, 11:36 PM
12, 8, 80

well i was 20 and was in san luis obispo .... never liked the beatles or lennons music.....

no one should die like that though.....

Trigg
09-13-2008, 08:50 AM

Immie

Well, thank goodness I'm not the only one. I was waiting for someone to post the significance of the date before I looked it up.

I was 11, I'm pretty sure I didn't even know who he was.

5stringJeff
09-13-2008, 09:14 AM
I was 4, playing at my house in LA, where we lived at the time.

Noir
09-13-2008, 09:21 AM
well I was at minus 10 years old so I wasn't doing too much.

Gaffer
09-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Did you ever work at the Chillicothe facility?

No, but took prisoners there a couple of times when with the sheriff's department.