PDA

View Full Version : McCain Fumbles Palin’s Record On Earmark Requests

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 10:43 PM
And besides that, she kept all that money for the bridge to nowhere for seal calf DNA or paternity issues along with alot more!!!!!!!!!!!

The Associated Press

Fri, Sep 12, 2008 (12:03 p.m.)

Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Friday defended two debunked television ads attacking Democrat Barack Obama and claimed erroneously that running mate Sarah Palin never sought money for lawmakers' pet projects as Alaska governor. Palin has sought nearly $200 million in earmarks this year alone.

McCain made the comments during a feisty grilling on ABC's "The View," where the panel of female hosts pressed him on Palin's religious views, his position on abortion rights and whether he had traded in his maverick ways to placate conservatives.

In Alaska, meanwhile, the investigator looking into whether Palin abused her power as governor in trying to fire her former brother-in-law asked state lawmakers for the power to subpoena Palin's husband, Todd, a dozen others and the phone records of a top aide. The state House and Senate judiciary committees were expected to grant the request.

McCain's appearance on "The View," which is popular among women, came the day after ABC News aired Palin's first wide-ranging interview. She sought to clarify her views on global warming _ in the past she has doubted the connection between human behavior and climate change _ and hinted that the U.S. might need to go to war with Russia over its incursion into Georgia............

More: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/sep/12/mccain-fumbles-palins-record-on-earmark-requests/

It gets more interesting everyday in every way!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

stephanie
09-12-2008, 10:48 PM
YEAH...MORE INTERESTING seeing the Democrats fall on their ass...AGAIN

they never learn though..so good for us..:cheers2:

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 11:07 PM
I don't think the article is very flattering to the conservatives or the Democrats, stevie. How do you figure?

stephanie
09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't think the article is very flattering to the conservatives or the Democrats, stevie. How do you figure?

By seeing you all still posting about Sarah Palin, instead of this so called sure fire PLATFORM from your Messiah and the Democrat party, that everyone is suppose to be buying...

that's how...:dance:

Yurt
09-12-2008, 11:17 PM
mccain made a mistake, you mean he is not the messiah...you mean like promising not to vote for fisa and then voting for it...

libs are desperate

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 11:21 PM
I'll agree, yuk. Somebody is desperate and it ain't me, cowgirl. This is going full circle and you have no idea how to stop it or what to say about it when it comes back to kick your own hypothesizing ass!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said in another post, this is going to be interesting for the next 50 or so days!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
09-12-2008, 11:26 PM
I'll agree, yuk. Somebody is desperate and it ain't me, cowgirl. This is going full circle and you have no idea how to stop it or what to say about it when it comes back to kick your own hypothesizing ass!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said in another post, this is going to be interesting for the next 50 or so days!!!!!!!!!!!

you have an obsession with cowgirls?

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't say "obsession", cowgirl, but I've ridden a few in my day!!!!!!!!!! I don't think for a moment that you will get that remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As are others, that's your problem and I don't intend to make it my own!!!!!!!!

Yurt
09-12-2008, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't say "obsession", cowgirl, but I've ridden a few in my day!!!!!!!!!! I don't think for a moment that you will get that remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As are others, that's your problem and I don't intend to make it my own!!!!!!!!

she look familiar...

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/Dardeile/mich532.jpg

stephanie
09-12-2008, 11:38 PM
:lol:

I can hear Psycho now.........giddy up mikey..:laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Somehow I expected you to look a little different than that, cowgirl. Is that what floats your boat?

manu1959
09-12-2008, 11:42 PM
vote sarah.......she piss off libs.....

Yurt
09-13-2008, 12:25 AM
:lol:

I can hear Psycho now.........giddy up mikey..:laugh2:

just beat it psydeshow

Psychoblues
09-13-2008, 02:31 AM
Other than the facts that she is a liar, a usurper of political power, an abuser of state trust, a thief and probably a lot worse you intend to use that mantra as an excuse for votes?

vote sarah.......she piss off libs.....

Like I said to you earlier in a more comprehensive post, m'59, you are an idiot, an ignoramous and now a blinded by the right dumbass that couldn't give one damn about the country that you so adamantly claim to love. What else could I expect from such a clearly demonstrated liar?

bullypulpit
09-13-2008, 04:33 AM
And besides that, she kept all that money for the bridge to nowhere for seal calf DNA or paternity issues along with alot more!!!!!!!!!!!

The Associated Press

Fri, Sep 12, 2008 (12:03 p.m.)

Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Friday defended two debunked television ads attacking Democrat Barack Obama and claimed erroneously that running mate Sarah Palin never sought money for lawmakers' pet projects as Alaska governor. Palin has sought nearly $200 million in earmarks this year alone.

McCain made the comments during a feisty grilling on ABC's "The View," where the panel of female hosts pressed him on Palin's religious views, his position on abortion rights and whether he had traded in his maverick ways to placate conservatives.

In Alaska, meanwhile, the investigator looking into whether Palin abused her power as governor in trying to fire her former brother-in-law asked state lawmakers for the power to subpoena Palin's husband, Todd, a dozen others and the phone records of a top aide. The state House and Senate judiciary committees were expected to grant the request.

McCain's appearance on "The View," which is popular among women, came the day after ABC News aired Palin's first wide-ranging interview. She sought to clarify her views on global warming _ in the past she has doubted the connection between human behavior and climate change _ and hinted that the U.S. might need to go to war with Russia over its incursion into Georgia............

More: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/sep/12/mccain-fumbles-palins-record-on-earmark-requests/

It gets more interesting everyday in every way!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Palin is the gift that keeps on giving. On 9/11/08, in an address to a stryker brigade, which includes her own son, Ms Palin repeated that long discredited mantra, which even the Bush administration has given up on, conflating Iraq with 9/11.

<blockquote>FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska, Sept. 11 -- Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans." - <a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/11/AR2008091103789_pf.html>The Washington Post</a.</blockquote>

<center>http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/talibanofgod.jpg</center>

Yurt
09-13-2008, 08:28 AM
i love how you dems are more focused on the veep than the presidential candidate...desperation has many forms....

you sexists, if she was a man you would not be going after her so maliciously

retiredman
09-13-2008, 08:52 AM
i love how you dems are more focused on the veep than the presidential candidate...desperation has many forms....

you sexists, if she was a man you would not be going after her so maliciously

It is not desperation, it is tactically wise. McCain without Palin is an old man without much charisma and without much to say and with a record that shows that he is basically a clone of Bush on all the big issues. Palin is his strength. And she has some vulnerabilities that need to be exploited. It is not that she is a woman, it is that she has had an effect and that effect needs to be minimized.

Gaffer
09-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Sarah Palin is the gift that keeps on giving. On 9/11/08, in an address to a stryker brigade, which includes her own son, Ms Palin repeated that long discredited mantra, which even the Bush administration has given up on, conflating Iraq with 9/11.

<blockquote>FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska, Sept. 11 -- Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans." - <a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/11/AR2008091103789_pf.html>The Washington Post</a.</blockquote>

<center>http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/talibanofgod.jpg</center>

Since they are fighting AQI that is essentially correct. And we are not fighting a half dozen AQ members in afghan headed up by bin laden, we are fighting millions all over the ME.

iraq is just a front in a many front war. We have a long war to fight with islam.

theHawk
09-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Since they are fighting AQI that is essentially correct. And we are not fighting a half dozen AQ members in afghan headed up by bin laden, we are fighting millions all over the ME.

iraq is just a front in a many front war. We have a long war to fight with islam.

Shitbags likes Bully don't understand that.

All they know is they must parrot every Dem talking point until they believe its the truth.

Kathianne
09-13-2008, 12:33 PM

Indeed. Though few speak of it anymore, Iraq was the flypaper and many were caught. Al Queda hit the US on 9/11, remember that? Well we took the war to the country that harbored them, but it wasn't 'target rich', so little could be done. Iraq though...they and their minions came running. While it took Bush too long to get the after victory right, he has and the flypaper did work.

retiredman
09-13-2008, 12:53 PM
AQI is and has always been a local franchise operation that formed in Iraq AFTER we mistakenly invaded, conquered and poorly occupied a country which had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, even though Sarah the rockstar would have you believe otherwise.

Psychoblues
09-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I used to think that reading and listening to the very words of the administration were enough for these idiots, mfm, but they are like children covering their ears, closing their eyes and screaming loudly whenever anyone is saying or showing them something they don't want to hear or see.

AQI is and has always been a local franchise operation that formed in Iraq AFTER we mistakenly invaded, conquered and poorly occupied a country which had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, even though Sarah the rockstar would have you believe otherwise.

This forum is laden with links that verify what you say is true, mfm. The children just don't want to know.

REDWHITEBLUE2
09-14-2008, 08:06 PM
The LibTurds are getting Desperate They Know The Racist Negro Obama is getting his ASS handed to him more and more every day JUST more proof He is not Qualified to be President :dance:

retiredman
09-14-2008, 08:14 PM
The LibTurds are getting Desperate They Know The Racist Negro Obama is getting his ASS handed to him more and more every day JUST more proof He is not Qualified to be President :dance:

Monroe, Washington...it must suck to know that your vote for McCain-Palin will not count for shit, eh?:lol:

Silver
09-14-2008, 08:52 PM

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska, Sept. 11 -- Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans." - The Washington Post
Yeah...bullshit from the Washington Post as usual....
---------

Absolutely true. At least to those that don't have a reading comprehension problem....

(Some of the )enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans are as of this moment located in Iraq and those going there today will "defend the innocent from them".....right now, today..:salute:.

So Sarah was and is accurate......so............:fu:

Yurt
09-14-2008, 08:56 PM

so islam is like mcdonalds?

i bet you are supersizing them....

retiredman
09-14-2008, 09:00 PM
so islam is like mcdonalds?

i bet you are supersizing them....

equating Islam with Al Qaeda is what got us into this mess in the first place. YOur skewed view of foreign affairs is a textbook example of why we need another party in power in Washington.

Silver
09-14-2008, 09:56 PM
equating Islam with Al Qaeda is what got us into this mess in the first place. YOur skewed view of foreign affairs is a textbook example of why we need another party in power in Washington.

AQ is AQ because of Islam...its their views as religious fanatics that drive them.....AQ is not Christian middle east citizens....or any other than Islamic middle easterners.....following a warped version of Islam....

retiredman
09-14-2008, 09:59 PM
AQ is AQ because of Islam...its their views as religious fanatics that drive them.....AQ is not Christian middle east citizens....or any other than Islamic middle easterners.....following a warped version of Islam....

AQ is to Islam what Operation Rescue is to Christianity.... not at all representative.

Psychoblues
09-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Exactly, mfm.

AQ is to Islam what Operation Rescue is to Christianity.... not at all representative.

It's rather like the religious snakehandlers/republicon analogy. It may be that all the snakehandlers are republicons but it is certain that all the republicons are not snakehandlers, or do I have that wrong?!??!?!?!???!??!?!

Yurt
09-15-2008, 12:07 AM

so AQ disavows islam?

where is the islamic rage against AQ?

do you want another skewer for your cowpie?

Psychoblues
09-15-2008, 02:54 AM
You know that you're wrong when you post such bullshit, yuk, but you go ahead and post it anyway. How's your skewer for your cowpie, cowgirl?

so AQ disavows islam?

The only person in this conversation that has even intimated that AQ, al Queda, disavows Islam is, wait for it, YOU!!!!!!!!!!! As far as Islamic rage against AQ is concerned you might have noticed that the Sunni Islamists in central and western Iraq have been quite successful in their actions diminishing the objectives of the AQI. There are examples of such rejection of extremist and fundamentalist factions within the Islamic religion all over the world but you would rather repeat a lie than search for any truth, wouldn't you?

My concern on this issue at the present time is that we have an equally obnoxious, radical, fundamentalist and religious nut on the Republican ticket running for the 2nd highest office in the nation if not the world. I wonder, just where is the outrage?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Enjoy your cowpie, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retiredman
09-15-2008, 05:43 AM
so AQ disavows islam?

Does Operation Rescue disavow Christ?

Where is the Christian rage against Operation Rescue?

Yurt
09-15-2008, 12:40 PM
You know that you're wrong when you post such bullshit, yuk, but you go ahead and post it anyway. How's your skewer for your cowpie, cowgirl?

The only person in this conversation that has even intimated that AQ, al Queda, disavows Islam is, wait for it, YOU!!!!!!!!!!! As far as Islamic rage against AQ is concerned you might have noticed that the Sunni Islamists in central and western Iraq have been quite successful in their actions diminishing the objectives of the AQI. There are examples of such rejection of extremist and fundamentalist factions within the Islamic religion all over the world but you would rather repeat a lie than search for any truth, wouldn't you?

My concern on this issue at the present time is that we have an equally obnoxious, radical, fundamentalist and religious nut on the Republican ticket running for the 2nd highest office in the nation if not the world. I wonder, just where is the outrage?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Enjoy your cowpie, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your post is unintelligible...

Yurt
09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Does Operation Rescue disavow Christ?

Where is the Christian rage against Operation Rescue?

i am not familiar iwth OR, have they done something against Christ?

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 12:44 PM

i am not familiar iwth OR, have they done something against Christ?

OR has had some extremists, that have been not only condemned, but disavowed by Christians far and wide. Now, where are those polling numbers on Muslims that are peaceful, but 'understand' the extremists of their faith? Bottom line is that the 'extremists' are orthodox to the Koran.