PDA

View Full Version : POSITIVE, NON-political, Islamic Thread

actsnoblemartin
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm talking to one of my muslim friends online, and he is teaching me about islam and to be honest i find it kinda interesting.

http://www.islam.com/introislam.htm

The literal meaning of Islam is peace; surrender of one’s will i.e. losing oneself for the sake of God and surrendering one’s own pleasure for the pleasure of God. The message of Islam was revealed to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings on him) 1, 400 years ago. It was revealed through angel Gabriel (on whom be peace) and was thus preserved in the Holy Quran. The Holy Quran carries a Divine guarantee of safeguard from interpolation and it claims that it combines the best features of the earlier scriptures.

The prime message of Islam is the Unity of God, that the Creator of the world is One and He alone is worthy of worship and that Muhammad (peace and blessings on him) is His Messenger and Servant. The follower of this belief is thus a Muslim - a Muslim’s other beliefs are: God’s angels, previously revealed Books of God, all the prophets, from Adam to Jesus (peace be on them both), the Day of Judgement and indeed the Decree of God. A Muslim has five main duties to perform, namely; bearing witness to the Unity of God and Muhammad (peace and blessings on him) as His Messenger, observing the prescribed prayer, payment of Zakat, keeping the fasts of Ramadhan and performing the pilgrimage to Mecca.

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 11:04 PM
After the things I've seen you write about muslims, hatred and total distrust I doubt if your conversations with your muslim friend will end well.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

actsnoblemartin
09-12-2008, 11:09 PM
I know you don't like pm's but with all due respect this is better served for a pm.

Secondly, you are entitled to your opinion but i am saddened that you seemingly have so little faith in me, that you only see me in a monotheik way, incapable or change, or progressing my views on people or things.

My former views of muslims, were at times hateful, mean, intolerant, and outright :lame2:

Now, criticizing any religion is not wrong, but i went overboard, i take ownership of that. Just thought that.... you thought more of me.

After the things I've seen you write about muslims, hatred and total distrust I doubt if your conversations with your muslim friend will end well.

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 11:15 PM
All I'm trying to communicate to you, marteen, is that I think you need to more contemplative before you post such vile, mean and hateful things about anyone. If you take exception to that maybe you need more help than this board is equipped to give you.

And the board is the perfect place to talk about all this, marteen. Otherwise you would deny having ever said such a thing and I would have to produce a PM to prove that you did say such a thing and then I would probably get banned whether your personal agenda was allowed to stand or not. Dig it?

actsnoblemartin
09-12-2008, 11:20 PM
But my threads, especially about muslims have evolved over time. Should I think before i write, yes.

You have a point there, so yeah. You had a point, and i was wrong about keeping it in pm, i thought you were saying i was an idiot, :laugh2: which sometimes i am, but i would like to think i have some good stuff to contribute too

and i not only dont deny that ive said some mean, hateful vie things, i flat out openly and honestly admit that i have

I misread the situation/what you wrote not the first , probably not the last time ill do it

sorry mate

thanks for your input, i do appreciate it

:salute:

All I'm trying to communicate to you, marteen, is that I think you need to more contemplative before you post such vile, mean and hateful things about anyone. If you take exception to that maybe you need more help than this board is equipped to give you.

And the board is the perfect place to talk about all this, marteen. Otherwise you would deny having ever said such a thing and I would have to produce a PM to prove that you did say such a thing and then I would probably get banned whether your personal agenda was allowed to stand or not. Dig it?

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 11:26 PM
No problem with me, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good night and a good conversation with your muslim friend!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
09-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Thank You Brother

This one is named mohammed and he lives in maldives, a beautiful country from what i can gather, and he is a very nice man, i also have an egyptian friend, one of the nicest men youll ever meet, and finally a toronto man who is a nice guy

I wouldnt mind having more muslim friends, they can be nice people just like us

No problem with me, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good night and a good conversation with your muslim friend!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 11:34 PM
What's this "us" bullshit, marteen?

Thank You Brother

This one is named mohammed and he lives in maldives, a beautiful country from what i can gather, and he is a very nice man, i also have an egyptian friend, one of the nicest men youll ever meet, and finally a toronto man who is a nice guy

I wouldnt mind having more muslim friends, they can be nice people just like us

You got a mouse in your pocket? :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
09-12-2008, 11:43 PM
no mate, i meant us in terms of non muslims, americans, etc

good night mate

sleep well :salute:

What's this "us" bullshit, marteen?

You got a mouse in your pocket? :laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Millions of Americans are now Muslims, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!!

no mate, i meant us in terms of non muslims, americans, etc

good night mate

sleep well :salute:

Are you aware that as you speak with your muslim friend about Islamic tenets and traditions that you too would be considered a "Muslim" by him and them and a heretic should you violate any rule with which they understand that you have been shown? Whether you agree or not is not the question. If you have been told is all that matters. But, it's pretty much the same in many Christian congregations as well, I am ashamed to say.

manu1959
09-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Millions of Americans are now Muslims, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you aware that as you speak with your muslim friend about Islamic tenets and traditions that you too would be considered a "Muslim" by him and them and a heretic should you violate any rule with which they understand that you have been shown? Whether you agree or not is not the question. If you have been told is all that matters. But, it's pretty much the same in many Christian congregations as well, I am ashamed to say.

except muslims still stone people to death, cut off young girls clits, perform honour murders, kill in the name of their god and kill anyone that disrespects their god.....

reminds me of the spanish inquisition.....

what century are we in again.....

Psychoblues
09-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Other religions and indigenous people do much of that and worse, m'59. Have you been bitten by the rabid muslim fear dog or what? Many muslims do not practice what you speak of.

manu1959
09-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Other religions and indigenous people do much of that and worse, m'59. Have you been bitten by the rabid muslim fear dog or what? Many muslims do not practice what you speak of.

indegenous people like who.......other religions such as.......and since some don't i guess that makes it ok for those that do....

theHawk
09-13-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm glad somebody has some Muslim friends. Maybe you could ask a few questions on my behalf. Like how they can claim they believe Jesus was a great prophet of God, yet they don't believe in the gospels his handpicked disciples wrote. And why they believe God would use a warmongering pedophile as his number one prophet.

manu1959
09-13-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm glad somebody has some Muslim friends. Maybe you could ask a few questions on my behalf. Like how they can claim they believe Jesus was a great prophet of God, yet they don't believe in the gospels his handpicked disciples wrote. And why they believe God would use a warmongering pedophile as his number one prophet.

ya ..... those questions will go over well.........

Psychoblues
09-13-2008, 02:11 AM
As is common in all religions, they all have their own prophets and disciples. Is that what is worrying you the most?

Gaffer
09-13-2008, 10:07 AM
islam does not mean peace. It means to submit. If you submit to islam you will have peace, if not you will be killed.

Immanuel
09-13-2008, 10:29 AM
islam does not mean peace. It means to submit. If you submit to islam you will have peace, if not you will be killed.

I am not saying any of these verse relate to Islam but they seemed appropriate when thinking of the Islamic idea of peace where peace has never existed.

Isaiah 59:8

The way of peace they do not know; there is no justice in their paths. They have turned them into crooked roads; no one who walks in them will know peace.

Jeremiah 6:14

They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. 'Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace.

Jeremiah 23:17

They keep saying to those who despise me, 'The LORD says: You will have peace.' And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts they say, 'No harm will come to you.'

Romans 3:17

and the way of peace they do not know."

Immie

Gaffer
09-13-2008, 10:56 AM
I am not saying any of these verse relate to Islam but they seemed appropriate when thinking of the Islamic idea of peace where peace has never existed.

Isaiah 59:8

Jeremiah 6:14
Jeremiah 23:17
Romans 3:17

Immie

You could say they were prophesizing the rise of islam.

Immanuel
09-13-2008, 10:59 AM
You could say they were prophesizing the rise of islam.

I could, but then someone would yell at me {cringes} :lol: for not putting the verses into context.

Immie

Gaffer
09-13-2008, 11:08 AM
I could, but then someone would yell at me {cringes} :lol: for not putting the verses into context.

Immie

LOL very true.

emmett
09-13-2008, 06:56 PM

My God offers me a choice. Without quoting scripture i would understand this choice to mean that he would prefer I uphold his likeness and live in the ways of his son Jesus Christ, the savior of the world whom he offered in sacrifice to pay for the sins that will be committed by those who "choose" not to believe. I would have to think that the creator of all mankind knows our heart and rather we are true or not however still allows us this choice because that is the way we were created. It is not that we should be killed if we do not believe, it is what will happen to our spirit after we die by fate's hand. Not at the hand of another Christian who has appointed themselves the "God" and decide that we should die.

The "rules" that religious peoples live by were all written by "men". Mortal, everyday, average men. I personally don't think God ever picked up a pen. I do believe he created the world and it's inhabitants. Some religions "choose" to twist his intentions using religion as a means of such.

If any particular religion of specific faith had it perfect there wouldn't be such evil present in that religion. They are all evil. Catholics, Baptists, Muslims and all others have had evil in their ranks. True faith is a relationship between one human and one God. It doesn't have to be displayed at 10:53 am on Sunday morning before a congregation of onlookers in testimony because some human wrote it as the rules.

True faith to me would be never having to do such at all. I think you can stand in a field in the middle of the night in the hills of Georgia or the plains of Kansas and simply say "Thank You" and be just as good a "Christian" as anyone else.

I think each time you extend your hand to assist another you have then and only then shown your appreciation to the creator for the life you have been given. It is then that you have given of yourself to another of God;s children and that is what I would think is what a world creating God would prefer.

I sort of think if I had to choose a "religion" to live by it would be Buddist because they seem to be the most peaceful people on earth. Many Indian cultural and religious beliefs are admirable as well.

Psychoblues
09-17-2008, 02:10 AM
Perhaps you need to study more about the corelations within Christianity, Islam, Judaism and even the teachings of Budda, emmie.

I guarantee you that it will grow you from intellectual and practical standpoints!!!!!!!!!!!!!