PDA

View Full Version : Interior Dept. Sloppiness Costs U.S. BILLIONS

Psychoblues
09-13-2008, 04:16 AM
I wonder just who is in charge over there?!?!!??!??!?!?!?!?!???!

Royalties from the energy industry are an important source of revenue for the U.S. government. But regulatory mismanagement means much goes uncollected, a GAO report finds.

Are we supposed to just ignore this? Many of you jerks ignore me. That's cool with me but when our national economy is at stake is it prudent?

NEW YORK (CNN)

The sex and drugs scandal revealed earlier this week at the Interior Department may be just the start.

A Government Accountability Office study set for release Friday says the department lacks basic procedures for monitoring the oil industry, and that these shortfalls could be cheating taxpayers out of billions of dollars in revenue. CNN received a draft of the report on Thursday.

The Interior Department tracks production from the energy industry and collects royalties based on that output. Oil and gas royalties are the federal government's second-largest source of revenue, after tax collections..........

On Wednesday, a report by the Interior Department's Inspector General found MMS staffers in Colorado were having sex and engaging in illegal drug use with employees of some of those oil companies. The investigation also found an MMS supervisor had sex with two subordinates and engaged in illegal drug use with at least one of them.

But the GAO study suggests that scandal might be more far reaching...........

More: http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/12/news/economy/gao_oilroyalties/index.htm?postversion=2008091210

Ain't sex, lies and politics amusing!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PostmodernProphet
09-13-2008, 05:36 AM
put the new VP in charge of it.....she has experience....

09-13-2008, 10:37 AM
You mean we are wasting money? What a surprise! Im so horrified that im going to die from that surprise!

Psychoblues
09-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I hope so!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: