PDA

View Full Version : On Everything

Kathianne
09-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Seems to me that the left and right are as polarized as they can be and have been since the Republicans had the temerity to run a candidate in 2000 that won. Yes folks, he won. Proven by not only by the SCOTUS, but after the fact by USA Today and later NY Times and PBS. Recounts by any other name...

Well the left really thought 2004 would make a difference, took even a bigger trouncing. Didn't sit well. Of course, the off year 2006 proved that the right would hold their elected officials responsible, by voting for others or staying home. The Left rejoiced and figured the future was clear, they would lead.

Most on the right thought so too. 2008 primaries showed not a whole lot of excitement on the right. Most seemed willing to let the Left have their way. Then came Sarah. Damn.

The Left still hasn't grasped the shark. She encompasses the best of the left and right, with not an apology to either. She will grasp at VP spot, without denying her family; she will embrace her family, trials and tribulations included, while recognizing her enemies, and she does have those that hate her, intend to use her family to try and torpedo her run.

Luckily for her, she is strong and McCain, is as strong or stronger, will weather the attacks.

retiredman
09-13-2008, 02:45 PM
she encompasses the best of the left????

please explain. I don't think she encompasses anything from my side of the political spectrum.

Kathianne
09-13-2008, 02:49 PM

please explain. I don't think she encompasses anything from my side of the political spectrum.

Really?

You hate women?

You think a woman that chooses to 'breed' should be restricted to take care of only the result of the 'breeding'?

You think that a mother of a special needs child should be silenced, other than as an advocate for said child?

You think that a mother of a pregnant teenager, should hide in shame, rather than celebrate the forthcoming birth of her grandchild, while offering support for her daughter and soon to be son-in-law?

retiredman
09-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Really?

You hate women?

You think a woman that chooses to 'breed' should be restricted to take care of only the result of the 'breeding'?

You think that a mother of a special needs child should be silenced, other than as an advocate for said child?

You think that a mother of a pregnant teenager, should hide in shame, rather than celebrate the forthcoming birth of her grandchild, while offering support for her daughter and soon to be son-in-law?

I do not hate women... neither does my side of the political spectrum. I do not thing that a woman that chooses to breed shout be restricted in any way... neither does my side of the political spectrum.

I don't advocate silencing any woman about any issue and neither does my side of the political spectrum. I do not think the mother of a pregnant teenager should hide in shame and neither does my side of the political spectrum. The "issues" that you raise above have ZIPPO to do with left versus right...liberal versus conservative thought in America or anywhere else.

Listen...YOU are the one who made the claim that she encompasses the best of the left. Either explain it or retract it... and quit spinning and blustering so foolishly.

Mr. P
09-13-2008, 03:04 PM

Really?

You hate women?

I do not hate women... neither does my side of the political spectrum. I do not thing that a woman that chooses to breed shout be restricted in any way... neither does my side of the political spectrum.

I don't advocate silencing any woman about any issue and neither does my side of the political spectrum. I do not think the mother of a pregnant teenager should hide in shame and neither does my side of the political spectrum. The "issues" that you raise above have ZIPPO to do with left versus right...liberal versus conservative thought in America or anywhere else.

Listen...YOU are the one who made the claim that she encompasses the best of the left. Either explain it or retract it... and quit spinning and blustering so foolishly.

She owns you on this, MFM. the only one spinning here is you, in circles.

Kathianne
09-13-2008, 03:12 PM
She owns you on this, MFM. the only one spinning here is you, in circles.

Thanks Mr. P.

More:

Kristol: The Washington Post Distorts Palin on Page One (Updated)

Here are the headline and the first two paragraphs from an article posted online that apparently will be on the front page of Friday’s Washington Post:

“Palin Links Iraq to 9/11, A View Discarded by Bush"
By Anne E. Kornblut
 Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 12, 2008; A01

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska, Sept. 11 -- Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans."

The idea that Iraq shared responsibility with al-Qaeda for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, once promoted by Bush administration officials, has since been rejected even by the president himself. On any other day, Palin's statement would almost certainly have drawn a sharp rebuke from Democrats, but both parties had declared a halt to partisan activities to mark Thursday's anniversary.”

Kornblut’s interpretation of what Palin said is either stupid or malicious. Palin is evidently saying that American soldiers are going to Iraq to defend innocent Iraqis from al Qaeda in Iraq, a group that is related to al Qaeda, which did plan and carry out the Sept. 11 attacks. It makes no sense for Kornblut to claim that Palin is arguing here that Saddam Hussein’s regime carried out 9/11—obviously Palin isn’t saying that our soldiers are now going over to Iraq to fight Saddam’s regime. Palin isn’t linking Saddam to 9/11. She’s linking al Qaeda in Iraq to al Qaeda.

People can debate how intimate that connection is, and how much of the fight in Iraq is now against al Qaeda in Iraq--but it’s simply the case that Palin is not saying what Kornblut says she is, and that the Washington Post is, right now, leading its paper with a clear distortion of what Palin said.

Update by John McCormack: It appears the Washington Post has tried to (partially) walk back Kornblut's distortion that Palin tied responsibility for 9/11 to Saddam Hussein's regime. The second paragraph of this story, as noted above, originally read:

The idea that Iraq shared responsibility with al-Qaeda for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, once promoted by Bush administration officials, has since been rejected even by the president himself. On any other day, Palin's statement would almost certainly have drawn a sharp rebuke from Democrats, but both parties had declared a halt to partisan activities to mark Thursday's anniversary."

It now reads:

The idea that the Iraqi government under Saddam Hussein helped al-Qaeda plan the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, a view once promoted by Bush administration officials, has since been rejected even by the president himself. But it is widely agreed that militants allied with al-Qaeda have taken root in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion.

The Post still ascribes an idea to Palin that she evidently wasn't promoting. It's nice that the Post threw in the sentence: "But it is widely agreed that militants allied with al-Qaeda have taken root in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion."

But the Post still does not acknowledge that that linkage between al Qaeda and al Qaeda in Iraq is precisely what Palin was referring to.

Posted by William Kristol on September 12, 2008 12:02 AM

retiredman
09-13-2008, 08:52 PM
what a surprise...your conservative buddies and a conservative columnist come to your aid.

YOu STILL haven't even TRIED to defend you absurd "she encompasses the best for the left" total bullshit remark. Palin encompasses NONE of the left, except those on the left who think their sole political attribute is their vagina.

I mean, really...can you TELL Me what political attribute from the left that Palin "encompasses"?

emmett
09-13-2008, 09:35 PM

I don't either!

retiredman
09-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't either!

thank you...thank you very much.

manu1959
09-13-2008, 09:59 PM
what a surprise...your conservative buddies and a conservative columnist come to your aid.

YOu STILL haven't even TRIED to defend you absurd "she encompasses the best for the left" total bullshit remark. Palin encompasses NONE of the left, except those on the left who think their sole political attribute is their vagina.

I mean, really...can you TELL Me what political attribute from the left that Palin "encompasses"?

read her second post you idiot.........

retiredman
09-13-2008, 10:14 PM

I did, and responded to it.

Can YOU tell me what about Sarah Palin encompasses the best fro the left?

I'll wait.

and I would appreciate it if you would not call me an "idiot". I am a smart guy... well educated... well read... you may not agree with my politics, but that does not make me an "idiot", does it?

Kathianne
09-13-2008, 10:15 PM

Mr. P, there are none so blind as those that claim to 'see.' LOL!

MFM, she is everything the left has been saying women can be, for 40 years. Now they deny the results. Sheesh.

retiredman
09-13-2008, 10:20 PM

MFM, she is everything the left has been saying women can be, for 40 years. Now they deny the results. Sheesh.

so..the only thing that she "encompasses the best of" from the left is her VAGINA??? Are you kidding me?????

My political philosophy has a lot to do with what is between one's ears and not really all that much to do with what is between one's legs.

The fact that the republican party has gotten around to doing what the democratic party did twenty years ago does not mean that Sarah Palin "encompasses the best" from the left. The statement in the original post was unadulterated bullshit and you clearly do not have the grace to simply admit as much.

pathetic.

Mr. P
09-13-2008, 10:24 PM

Exactly.

Buy em books an send em to school...but..

retiredman
09-13-2008, 10:27 PM
still waiting....

my guess is, I will wake up in the morning and the question will still remain unanswered....but you two, no doubt, will have given each other enormous amounts of positive rep for your perceived brilliance...:laugh2:

::yawn::

Kathianne
09-13-2008, 10:30 PM
so..the only thing that she "encompasses the best of" from the left is her VAGINA??? Are you kidding me?????

My political philosophy has a lot to do with what is between one's ears and not really all that much to do with what is between one's legs.

The fact that the republican party has gotten around to doing what the democratic party did twenty years ago does not mean that Sarah Palin "encompasses the best" from the left. The statement in the original post was unadulterated bullshit and you clearly do not have the grace to simply admit as much.

pathetic.

And the small world epitome of the 'Left' responds as only a misogynist can, forever cementing the topic of conversation. I really like how the hubris brings up 'rep' when neither have given, nor received. :laugh2: Shows just how important real choice for women is to the abortion pushing preacher.

retiredman
09-14-2008, 06:54 AM
And the small world epitome of the 'Left' responds as only a misogynist can, forever cementing the topic of conversation. I really like how the hubris brings up 'rep' when neither have given, nor received. :laugh2: Shows just how important real choice for women is to the abortion pushing preacher.

The "left" encompasses many noble things. It encompasses the labor movement and the civil rights movement and the environmental movement and social welfare and progressive tax policies and on and on. How does the republican female governor of Alaska "encompass the best" of all that?

And I object to being mischaracterized as "abortion pushing". I have never, nor would never push anyone to have an abortion.

In the opening post, you said: "She encompasses the best of the left"

Can you defend your statement or not or are you just going to insult me AND my intelligence?

actsnoblemartin
09-14-2008, 06:59 AM
if you dont mind i have questions to

the labor movement meaning, unions and such?

civil rights, only democrats care about civil rights?

progressive tax policies mean punishing those who are successful, in other words, how does taxing more and more of people's hard earned money help the economy

Im curious, so cut me some slack here. If you dont wanna answer fine, but be nice :laugh2:

The "left" encompasses many noble things. It encompasses the labor movement and the civil rights movement and the environmental movement and social welfare and progressive tax policies and on and on. How does the republican female governor of Alaska "encompass the best" of all that?

And I object to being mischaracterized as "abortion pushing". I have never, nor would never push anyone to have an abortion.

Can you defend your statement or not or are you just going to insult me AND my intelligence?

Kathianne
09-14-2008, 07:04 AM

I have defended my statement, what I have not done is let you define my view, nor will I. I cannot help you with what you consider a characterization, nor how you react to my posts.

actsnoblemartin
09-14-2008, 07:05 AM
this board reminds me of american gladiators :laugh2:

kath vs maine

now all we need is cool names for you two :coffee:

I have defended my statement, what I have not done is let you define my view, nor will I. I cannot help you with what you consider a characterization, nor how you react to my posts.

Gaffer
09-14-2008, 07:10 AM

She doesn't have to defend her statement, you just have to comprehend it. Something that it seems is beyond your abilities. Reading comprehension is your friend. You have to have intelligence for it to be insulted.

retiredman
09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
She doesn't have to defend her statement, you just have to comprehend it. Something that it seems is beyond your abilities. Reading comprehension is your friend. You have to have intelligence for it to be insulted.

you encompass the most moronic of just about everything. I don't have to defend that statement...you just need to suck it up and accept it, eh?

retiredman
09-14-2008, 03:10 PM

what of the LEFT does she encompass? Simple question.

Psychoblues
09-14-2008, 03:38 PM
She has not answered your question, mfm, because she can't answer your question. There is nothing concerning the left that Ms. Phalin represents. In fact, quite the opposite is true. It was not the concerns of McSame for attracting reasonable people when he chose her. He was simply using the best tool he had available in a failing attempt to unite the reichwingers around the abortion issue. His own history in that respect is spotty at best.

what of the LEFT does she encompass? Simple question.

Sarah Phalin does not represent the left in any way and has demonstrably shown that she would not represent the left in any way therefore losing any advantage that she might have as simply a woman on a political ticket. There will be insignificant exceptions but the overall stategy is flawed from it's outset.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
09-15-2008, 02:25 PM
she represents the best of the left because the worst of the left is already represented by you psydeshow :laugh2:

retiredman
09-15-2008, 02:44 PM
she represents the best of the left because the worst of the left is already represented by you psydeshow :laugh2:

explain what best of the left she encompasses. can you?

Yurt
09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
explain what best of the left she encompasses. can you?

no. i don't speak for kathianne.

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
She has not answered your question, mfm, because she can't answer your question. There is nothing concerning the left that Ms. Phalin represents. In fact, quite the opposite is true. It was not the concerns of McSame for attracting reasonable people when he chose her. He was simply using the best tool he had available in a failing attempt to unite the reichwingers around the abortion issue. His own history in that respect is spotty at best.

Sarah Phalin does not represent the left in any way and has demonstrably shown that she would not represent the left in any way therefore losing any advantage that she might have as simply a woman on a political ticket. There will be insignificant exceptions but the overall stategy is flawed from it's outset.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

hardly, but then one cannot always read the nuances. ;)

midcan5
09-15-2008, 03:21 PM
What's the Difference Between Palin and Muslim Fundamentalists?

Lipstick

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/09-7

McCain/Palin are now agents of change, no more pristine coastlines, no more arctic wilderness, no more polar bears, no more whales, and no more books. Change???

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 03:24 PM

Lipstick

McCain/Palin are now agents of change, no more pristine coastlines, no more arctic wilderness, no more polar bears, no more whales, and no more books. Change???

Once again proving the idiocy of the left.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 03:30 PM

Lipstick

you are liar and a charleton. your little bold words at the ends of your posts are nothing but lies. you have never once defended them or proved them. you are nazi propagandist who would make goebbels jealous.

midcan5
09-15-2008, 03:39 PM
you are liar and a charleton. your little bold words at the ends of your posts are nothing but lies. you have never once defended them or proved them. you are nazi propagandist who would make goebbels jealous.

I would suggest you crawl out your cave and read as you obviously can't dispute them.

Start here:

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/14-1

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/14

friends
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2008/09/14-4

church
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/15

letter to america
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/14-3

Someday a child will ask why did my daddy die? I miss him. A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to continue an illegal war.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 03:56 PM
so all you have are links? can't defend it yourself can you? thought so.

and the only one in a cave is your good buddy obama bin laden

retiredman
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
no. i don't speak for kathianne.

post #25 led me to believe that you had an opinion on the topic.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 04:14 PM
post #25 led me to believe that you had an opinion on the topic.

the one with the big :laugh2: at the end....

you do have a sense of humor mfm, don't you? do i need to spell out j-o-k-e in a thread for you? the laughing smile didn't work? i was replying to psydekick and i guarantee he knows i was ragging him.

midcan5
09-15-2008, 06:02 PM
so all you have are links? can't defend it yourself can you? thought so.

I'm the one telling you what McPalin is all about, you should be defending them.

A vote by Yurt for McPalin is a vote for "the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/09-3

Yurt
09-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm the one telling you what McPalin is all about, you should be defending them.

A vote by Yurt for McPalin is a vote for "the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/09-3

so you make a claim and i should defend YOUR CLAIM?

LOL

your nazi commercials define you

retiredman
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
the one with the big :laugh2: at the end....

you do have a sense of humor mfm, don't you? do i need to spell out j-o-k-e in a thread for you? the laughing smile didn't work? i was replying to psydekick and i guarantee he knows i was ragging him.

so you don't believe that Sarah Palin encompasses the best of the left?

That's all I needed to hear.

And regarding a sense of humor. I have a great one... my past experiences with you do not lead me to look for humor in your posts. I am sure you can understand that.

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 08:02 PM
so you don't believe that Sarah Palin encompasses the best of the left?

And regarding a sense of humor. I have a great one... my past experiences with you do not lead me to look for humor in your posts. I am sure you can understand that.

She does, your failure to recognize such speaks to your party's platform, not my response. You lose.

retiredman
09-15-2008, 08:03 PM
She does, your failure to recognize such speaks to your party's platform, not my response. You lose.

you got nothin'.

you have shown NOTHING where she encompasses ANYTHING of left wing, liberal politics in America.

YOU lose, sister.

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 08:04 PM
you got nothin'.

you have shown NOTHING where she encompasses ANYTHING of left wing, liberal politics in America.

YOU lose, sister.

Hardly but you take comfort, weasel.

retiredman
09-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Hardly but you take comfort, weasel.

I take no comfort in cramming your stupid words back down your throat.... but it needed to be done. Sarah Palin does NOT encompass the best of the left...that is simply an inaccurate and moronic statement. period. YOu can't name ANYTHING from the left that she "encompasses" let alone the BEST of my ideology.

sorry. give it up.

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I take no comfort in cramming your stupid words back down your throat.... but it needed to be done. Sarah Palin does NOT encompass the best of the left...that is simply an inaccurate and moronic statement. period. YOu can't name ANYTHING from the left that she "encompasses" let alone the BEST of my ideology.

sorry. give it up.

Funny thing there, I'm breathing just fine. How about you? My guess is Sarah is also, but Obama, well there is a lot to swallow and talk is he's having a tough time of it.

retiredman
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Funny thing there, I'm breathing just fine. How about you? My guess is Sarah is also, but Obama, well there is a lot to swallow and talk is he's having a tough time of it.

can't quite defend your moronic statement? I understand.

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 08:35 PM
can't quite defend your moronic statement? I understand.

For some reason, your opinion of me has ceased to matter. I guess that happened when I came to the conclusion you are just an angry, nasty person, with really nothing to say or contribute. Bye.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 09:29 PM
manfrommaine;297420]so you don't believe that Sarah Palin encompasses the best of the left?

no.

you have a 'great' one.... you're pulling my leg now mr. maine man...

it is nothing to me that your past experiences lead you wrong. it is not my fault you are unable to find the wit and humor in my posts.

retiredman
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
no.

you have a 'great' one.... you're pulling my leg now mr. maine man...

it is nothing to me that your past experiences lead you wrong. it is not my fault you are unable to find the wit and humor in my posts.

of course it is not your "fault". It is who you are and who you have been to me. There is no fault to be parsed out... there is only the reality that you and I have a very unfriendly relationship that necessarily prevents me from seeing - even looking for - any humor in your posts.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 09:46 PM
of course it is not your "fault". It is who you are and who you have been to me. There is no fault to be parsed out... there is only the reality that you and I have a very unfriendly relationship that necessarily prevents me from seeing - even looking for - any humor in your posts.

and your post above proves you have no sense of humor.

;)

retiredman
09-15-2008, 09:49 PM
and your post above proves you have no sense of humor.

;)

no. it proves that I do not find humor in YOUR writings. I laugh until my sides hurt at things my wife says all the time... my children and I laugh long and hearty together at every gathering. I have a great sense of humor. I just don't find you very funny, especially given all of the profoundly unhumorous stuff you have written in the past.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
no. it proves that I do not find humor in YOUR writings. I laugh until my sides hurt at things my wife says all the time... my children and I laugh long and hearty together at every gathering. I have a great sense of humor. I just don't find you very funny, especially given all of the profoundly unhumorous stuff you have written in the past.

stop it

you know i am funny

retiredman
09-15-2008, 10:11 PM
stop it

you know i am funny

I know you think you are.

MY wife is funny.... Robin Williams is funny....Billy Crystal is funny... I don't find you very funny at all....only dismissive and insulting.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 10:16 PM
I know you think you are.

MY wife is funny.... Robin Williams is funny....Billy Crystal is funny... I don't find you very funny at all....only dismissive and insulting.

hmm, i did not realize what a life you lead. i forgive you for not understanding my humor.

retiredman
09-15-2008, 10:18 PM
hmm, i did not realize what a life you lead. i forgive you for not understanding my humor.

what humor?:laugh2:

Yurt
09-15-2008, 10:56 PM
what humor?:laugh2:

i forgive you

retiredman
09-15-2008, 10:57 PM
i forgive you

thanks.... now try to develop a sense of humor going forward.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
thanks.... now try to develop a sense of humor going forward.

i forgive you

stephanie
09-15-2008, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=manfrommaine;296662]The "left" encompasses many noble things. It encompasses the labor movement and the civil rights movement and the environmental movement and social welfare and progressive tax policies and on and on. QUOTE]

oh my gawd...he finally let it slip, that the Democrat party stands for Socialism, if not Communism...

retiredman
09-16-2008, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE]

oh my gawd...he finally let it slip, that the Democrat party stands for Socialism, if not Communism...

really? it would seem that you don't actually have the foggiest idea what those two terms even mean. Nothing in anything I wrote says anything about standing for either socialism or communism. I have never advocated government ownership of the means of production. I certainly have never advocated having the proletariat vanguard overthrow the existing government and establish a dictatorship of the proletariat that would, itself, be dissolved by the dialectic process.

You remind me of my daughter trying to use really big words when she was in kindergarten ... and had no idea what they meant. It was cute in a five year old.... it is laughable when an "adult" does it.

Immanuel
09-16-2008, 12:39 PM
really? it would seem that you don't actually have the foggiest idea what those two terms even mean. Nothing in anything I wrote says anything about standing for either socialism or communism. I have never advocated government ownership of the means of production. I certainly have never advocated having the proletariat vanguard overthrow the existing government and establish a dictatorship of the proletariat that would, itself, be dissolved by the dialectic process.

You remind me of my daughter trying to use really big words when she was in kindergarten ... and had no idea what they meant. It was cute in a five year old.... it is laughable when an "adult" does it.

But truth be told, your party is socialistic in nature. The mantra of the DP is "rob from the rich, give to the poor".

You have stated hundreds of times that you believe in every single plank of the DP platform. How do you reconcile your statement here with prior statements of full support of Democratic Party platform?

Immie

Abbey Marie
09-16-2008, 12:58 PM

This is a very good explanation of what you were saying, and one that anyone should be able to understand. The left has tried for decades to claim bragging rights of promoting equality/equal rights for women. Now we have an excellent example of how that is working in Gov. Palin. And an example that is so hugely prominent, that our daughters can take a great lesson in how much they too can achieve. Kind of like a national TV version of "Take your daughters to work day"

If the left wants to now distance themsleves from promoting equality, then so be it. But you cannot deny that the left has tried to take credit for this fight for their own. Or at least can't, and not be hypocritical.

You are right, Kathianne. This was (past tense intended) the best of the left. Perhaps we should have some sort of service to acknowledge the burial of feminsim on the left. RIP Feminism. But have no fear, the right will resurrect you.

retiredman
09-16-2008, 01:01 PM
But truth be told, your party is socialistic in nature. The mantra of the DP is "rob from the rich, give to the poor".

You have stated hundreds of times that you believe in every single plank of the DP platform. How do you reconcile your statement here with prior statements of full support of Democratic Party platform?

Immie

nothing I have said here contradicts the democratic party platform. The democratic party does NOT call for government ownership of the means of production (socialism) nor does it call for the vanguard of the proletariat to overthrow the current government and establish a dictatorship of the proletariat that would itself be dissolved by the dialectic process(communism)

Immanuel
09-16-2008, 01:04 PM
nothing I have said here contradicts the democratic party platform. The democratic party does NOT call for government ownership of the means of production (socialism) nor does it call for the vanguard of the proletariat to overthrow the current government and establish a dictatorship of the proletariat that would itself be dissolved by the dialectic process(communism)

As I said, the DP is socialistic in nature.

The government doesn't need to "own" the means of production if they confiscate the revenue produced. Technically, that would be considered ownership anyway.

Besides you don't honestly believe that the Democratic Party would come out and say that their goal is the end of Capitalism, do you? That would go over like a ton of bricks here in America. They would probably never receive 10% of the vote again.

Immie

Yurt
09-16-2008, 01:05 PM

what does this mean?

retiredman
09-16-2008, 01:06 PM
This is a very good explanation of what you were saying, and one that anyone should be able to understand. The left has tried for decades to claim bragging rights of promoting equality/equal rights for women. Now we have an excellent example of how that is working in Gov. Palin. And an example that is so hugely prominent, that our daughters can take a great lesson in how much they too can achieve. Kind of like a national TV version of "Take your daughters to work day"

If the left wants to now distance themsleves from promoting equality, then so be it. But you cannot deny that the left has tried to take credit for this fight for their own. Or at least can't, and not be hypocritical.

You are right, Kathianne. This was (past tense intended) the best of the left. Perhaps we should have some sort of service to acknowledge the burial of feminsim on the left. RIP Feminism. But have no fear, the right will resurrect you.

The left has promoted equality for women for a long time. Nowhere do we say that the only way that women can take advantage of the equality we have been pushing for is to become liberals. We promote equality for women of all political persuasions. The fact that Sarah Palin is a successful women and mother does not in any way mean that she "encompasses the best of the left". She does not stand for ANY political philosophies of the left. period. She is a successful woman. Good for her. I think it is a great thing that the republicans nominated a woman to be vice president. It only took you two decades after we did... and you have NEVER had a woman seriously contend for the top of YOUR ticket.

retiredman
09-16-2008, 01:08 PM
what does this mean?

I would recommend Das Kapital for an explanation. The dialetic process is at the very heart of the theory of communism and how it is achieved.

retiredman
09-16-2008, 01:09 PM
As I said, the DP is socialistic in nature.

The government doesn't need to "own" the means of production if they confiscate the revenue produced. Technically, that would be considered ownership anyway.

Immie

you misuse the word socialistic.

Are you suggesting that taxation is socialistic?

Immanuel
09-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Besides you don't honestly believe that the Democratic Party would come out and say that their goal is the end of Capitalism, do you? That would go over like a ton of bricks here in America. They would probably never receive 10% of the vote again.

Immie

Added the above while others were posting

you misuse the word socialistic.

Are you suggesting that taxation is socialistic?

Confiscatory, income redistribution is socialistic, yes.

Immie

retiredman
09-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Added the above while others were posting

Confiscatory, income redistribution is socialistic, yes.

Immie

we have had a progressive income tax structure in America for nearly a hundred years. I would suggest that we are still a capitalistic free market democracy after all those years... I would suggest that the government does not own the means of production nor does it conficate all the profits of industry as you suggest.