PDA

View Full Version : She’s Not Ready

stephanie
09-13-2008, 04:52 PM
keep going liberals...McCain-Palin 08:laugh2:

By BOB HERBERT
Published: September 12, 2008
While watching the Sarah Palin interview with Charlie Gibson Thursday night, and the coverage of the Palin phenomenon in general, I’ve gotten the scary feeling, for the first time in my life, that dimwittedness is not just on the march in the U.S., but that it might actually prevail.

Go to Columnist Page » How is it that this woman could have been selected to be the vice presidential candidate on a major party ticket? How is it that so much of the mainstream media has dropped all pretense of seriousness to hop aboard the bandwagon and go along for the giddy ride?

For those who haven’t noticed, we’re electing a president and vice president, not selecting a winner on “American Idol.”

Ms. Palin may be a perfectly competent and reasonably intelligent woman (however troubling her views on evolution and global warming may be), but she is not ready to be vice president.

read the rest of this insulting article..
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/13/opinion/13herbert.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

09-13-2008, 07:15 PM
I must have missed the part where the media started jumping on the bandwagon of support for her.

theHawk
09-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I must of missed the part where they weren't selecting a winner for 'American Idol'.

stephanie
09-13-2008, 08:56 PM
I must of missed the part where they weren't selecting a winner for 'American Idol'.

I thought they already did that with the Obambam..

Mr. P
09-13-2008, 08:58 PM
With most candidates for high public office, the question is whether one agrees with them on the major issues of the day.

I guess ole BOB HERBERT doesn't understand that's the truth. Nor does he understand that the VP is in support of the Pres...it's a team thing. So if issues are really the issues, why not focus on McCain?

The Democraps are so scared of Palin they don't know WTF to do! :laugh2:

Kathianne
09-13-2008, 11:44 PM
The Telegraph has a piece that is full of the Democrats whining about Obama and how he is setting up to kill their chance in a lifetime to take control. What's funny is that what is energizing the Republicans, according to the Democrats, is the nastiness we've been seeing from the Left right here. :laugh2: He absolutely cannot stay on message and seems compelled to condescend to the people, then whines when responded to:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2909844/Barack-Obama-under-fire-for-ignoring-advice-on-how-to-beat-John-McCain.html

...Party elders also believe the Obama camp is in denial about warnings from Democratic pollsters that his true standing is four to six points lower than that in published polls because of hidden racism from voters - something that would put him a long way behind Mr McCain.

The Sunday Telegraph has learned that senators, governors and union leaders who have experience of winning hard-fought races in swing states have been bombarding Obamas campaign headquarters with telephone calls offering advice. But many of those calls have not been returned.

A senior Democratic strategist, who has played a prominent role in two presidential campaigns, told The Sunday Telegraph: "These guys are on the verge of blowing the greatest gimme in the history of American politics. They're the most arrogant bunch Ive ever seen. They won't accept that they are losing and they won't listen."

After leading throughout the year, Mr Obama now trails Mr McCain by two to three points in national polls.

Party leaders and commentators say that the Democrat candidate spent too much of the summer enjoying his own popularity and not enough defining his positions on the economy - the number one issue for voters - or reaching out to those blue collar workers whose votes he needs if he is to beat Mr McCain.

Others concede that his trip to Europe was a distraction that enhanced his celebrity status rather than his electability on Main Street, USA.

...A Democratic National Committee official told The Sunday Telegraph: "I really find it offensive when Democrats ask the Republicans not to be nasty to us, which is effectively what Obama keeps doing. They know thats how the game is played."

Mr Obama tried to answer that critique on Friday when he responded in kind, issuing an attack advert depicting his Republican opponent as out of touch and mocking the 72-year-old Mr McCain's confession that he does not know how to use email.

He rammed home the point during a rally in New Hampshire, pointing out Mr McCains recent admission that he was divorced from some of the challenges of ordinary Americans.

Mr Obama's campaign manager, David Plouffe, called it the first day of the rest of the campaign.

But that was the fourth time in the last nine months that Mr Obamas team have been forced to declare that the gloves are coming off....