PDA

View Full Version : The MSM, Celebreties, and Foreign Leaders Helping McCain

Kathianne
09-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Well not on purpose, nevertheless. In order to really understand it, you've got to hit some of the links, but it's very good:

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/blogs/index.php/rubin/30222

Flotsam and Jetsam
Jennifer Rubin - 09.14.2008 - 9:06 AM

Not a headline you want to see if you are a Barack Obama fan: “Oops, Obama ad mocks McCain’s inability to send e-mail. Trouble is, he can’t due to tortured fingers.” In the Los Angeles Times, no less. (The Boston Globe is on his case as well.)

More from blogosphere: “Obama has inadvertantly insulted old people and handicapped people who don’t or can’t use the computer. Oh, and in a classic rubber-glue situation, his attempt to belittle McCain’s being out of touch on technology backfires because, as half the blogosphere has pointed out, he’s demonstrated that he’s managed to hire a huge staff, none of whom apparently know how to use the Google.”

The Democrats seem to have turned the Alaskan trooper investigation into a three-ring partisan circus. But you won’t read about that in the MSM.

I am not the only one to be underwhelmed by the New York Times trip through Alaskan trivia. There does seem to be a disconnect in the MSM storyline: is Sarah Palin a savvy political operator or an unqualified rube? They really need to pick one narrative and stick to it.

From the Onion: “Although I like Matthews and Olbermann, I think it’s a good idea to let some older, more experienced anchors interrupt people.”