PDA

View Full Version : Dem: Palin "Cliff-Noted" Her ABC Interview

Psychoblues
09-14-2008, 10:30 PM
That's about the way I saw it as well.

Source: CBS

"When asked to characterize Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's qualifications to be the Republican vice presidential nominee, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., stated flatly that Palin isn’t ready to be vice president.

"She doesn't know anything," Wasserman Schultz said on CBS' Face The Nation, responding to a charge by a fellow guest, former Mass. Gov. Jane Swift, that Palin has been forced to undergo scrutiny in the media that some would characterize as sexist.

"There shouldn't be a double standard," Swift said. "We shouldn't ask of her questions about her ability to do the job that we wouldn't ask a guy in a similar circumstance............

... "Well, she's been asked what she knows," Wasserman Schultz said. "She's been asked to demonstrate her foreign policy knowledge, which she clearly has very little, based on the Charlie Gibson interview. I mean, she didn't know what the Bush doctrine was. She really had almost no grasp of America's foreign policy. She really knew very little about domestic policy.

"Quite honestly, the interview that I saw and that Americans saw on Thursday and Friday were similar to when I didn't read a book in high school and had to read the Cliff Notes and phone in my report. She's 'Cliff-Noted' her performance so far. And all of that is fair game. The American people deserve better than that." .............."

Observant piece, IMHO.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

theHawk
09-15-2008, 08:27 AM
How shocking, a democrat saying Palin isn't qualified and she is dumber than a doorknob!

But of course Obama is, even though the only foreign policy experience he has is giving a speech in 2002. And thats according to Hillary!!!

Psychoblues
09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Just who said that she was "dumber than a doorknob", huk?

How shocking, a democrat saying Palin isn't qualified and she is dumber than a doorknob!

But of course Obama is, even though the only foreign policy experience he has is giving a speech in 2002. And thats according to Hillary!!!

Don't tell me............I think it was YOU that said that!!!!!!!!!!!!

darin
09-15-2008, 08:40 AM
"She doesn't know anything," Wasserman Schultz said on CBS' Face The Nation,

First: this is part of the reason for Ms. Wasserman-Schultz's dislike of the good Govnah:

http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00014/d4s_americangeneral_14936d.jpeg

Women hate women who are better-looking.

Secondly: The libs are in LOVE with 'education' - they can't understand the difference between knowledge and wisdom. Libs feel they can 'educate' themselves to enlightenment.

Psychoblues
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
OK, dmp, you're itching for an argument. Give me your take on the obscurities of knowledge and wisdom. I know you have something very wise ass to say so just say it.

Just to start things off I would say that knowledge is that the republicons are running again in 2008. Wisdom would be a decision not to allow them permission to continue to run roughshod over the ideals and values of our country, The United States Of America. Do you have something smart or clever to say, dmp?

stephanie
09-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Someone said...who would listen to what Miz. Wasserman-Schultz has to say...........she can't even make up what name she wants to use...:laugh2:

hjmick
09-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Hell, the so called "Bush Doctrine" has had four or five different defintitions. Which one was old Chuck asking about?

stephanie
09-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Miz. Wasserman-Schultz...just another ugly classless liberal in the Democrart party..one of many..

Abbey Marie
09-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Since VP-elect :) Palin did such a great job, this woman's silly quote may actually give an unintended boost to Cliff Notes in academia.

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Since VP-elect :) Palin did such a great job, this woman's silly quote may actually give an unintended boost to Cliff Notes in academia.

I've always liked Cliff Notes, then again, I read the book. ;)

mundame
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Hell, the so called "Bush Doctrine" has had four or five different defintitions. Which one was old Chuck asking about?

Off the top of my head, I THINK the "Bush Doctrine" is about how we preemptive war anybody gets in our way if we think they might have WMD maybe. Or if they definitely have oil.

And then we lose the preemptive war.

No, wait, that last bit is not actually part of the Bush Doctrine, that's just what keeps happening over and over.

I'm serious: the Bush Doctrine says that we shall take a proactive stance toward international competitors rather than a reactive stance.

Is that what others here think it is? That was a hard question; for one thing, it didn't work and so it hasn't been talked about for several years. But he came up with it shortly after 9/11, IIRC.

AFbombloader
09-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Off the top of my head, I THINK the "Bush Doctrine" is about how we preemptive war anybody gets in our way if we think they might have WMD maybe. Or if they definitely have oil.

No, wait, that last bit is not actually part of the Bush Doctrine, that's just what keeps happening over and over.

I'm serious: the Bush Doctrine says that we shall take a proactive stance toward international competitors rather than a reactive stance.

Is that what others here think it is? That was a hard question; for one thing, it didn't work and so it hasn't been talked about for several years. But he came up with it shortly after 9/11, IIRC.

That would be the doctrine in regards to the war on terrorism. What about his doctrine on the economy? or immigration? or taxes? There is a doctrine for every position a government holds.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/doctrine
noun 1. a particular principle, position, or policy taught or advocated, as of a religion or government

She made a valid point in questioning what the intent of Mr. Gibson's question was intended to address.

AF:salute:

SassyLady
09-15-2008, 09:30 PM
She made a valid point in questioning what the intent of Mr. Gibson's question was intended to address.

AF:salute:

Yes she did! And, if you get a transcript of the entire interview you will see that she actually answered it quite well. But, of course, ABC could not air the entire interview or it might have made good ol' Charlie look like the elist he is and his practice of classism.

Wouldn't it be nice if journalist would actually practice true journalism and not yellow journalism. America might be able to get back on track because they would be given a chance to make decisions based upon their own judgement rather than that of a biased journalist/network.

hjmick
09-15-2008, 09:48 PM

Well, prior to 9/11 some folks referred to the administration's policies of unilaterally withdrawing from the ABM treaty and rejecting the Kyoto protocol as the "Bush doctrine." Then, immediately after 9/11, Bush's "with us or against us" policy in regards to terrorism became the meat of the "Bush Doctrine." Then came Iraq,and the idea of pre-emptive war became the "Bush Doctrine." The most current "Bush doctrine" centers on the idea that the fundamental mission of American foreign policy is to spread democracy throughout the world. You can look to his second inaugural speech for evidence of this: "The survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands. The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of freedom in all the world." Kind of sounds like Kennedy's speech where he proclaimed that the United States "shall pay any price, bear any burden ... to assure the survival and the success of liberty," doesn't it?

Psychoblues
09-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Somehow, I didn't expect much credible argument from the reichwingers. Does your conscience bother you, dmp?

It should.