PDA

View Full Version : For Teachers/Homeschoolers

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Civics hasn't really been taught in most schools for a long time, yet study after study demonstrates a higher participation in our system of government and better understanding of how it works. I've used the "We the People" program for over 8 years now, it works. Over the past 3 years, the Center for Civic Ed has revised the texts, now they've got a companion site for the HS level. I'm going to use it this year for my middle schoolers, their reading level is ok and with some minor modifications I think they enjoy being able to use technology that can be incorporated with it.

http://www.civiced.org/wtpcompanion/hs/

If you'd like to get some idea. If it looks like something you'd like to use, go to the http://www.civiced.org site and look up your state rep, if available they'll send you the texts, teacher edition, and supplementals at no cost.

Psychoblues
09-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Have you ever thought about practicing the model of public education that continues to teach civics in grades 7 -12, Kat? That works well as I am inclined to recognize.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Kathianne
09-17-2008, 04:20 AM
Have you ever thought about practicing the model of public education that continues to teach civics in grades 7 -12, Kat? That works well as I am inclined to recognize.

What model would that be PB?

Psychoblues
09-19-2008, 02:54 AM
I thought you were a professional in education, Kat.

What model would that be PB?

I now think otherwise. Why do you wimp out on me like that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Kathianne
09-19-2008, 05:40 AM
I thought you were a professional in education, Kat.

I now think otherwise. Why do you wimp out on me like that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Have it your way PB, pick on Kathianne day. :coffee:

Psychoblues
09-21-2008, 02:43 AM
I simply asked you to compare the civics educations, Kat.

Have it your way PB, pick on Kathianne day. :coffee:

You don't have to get all snooty about it!!!!!!!!!!