PDA

View Full Version : Shootings: are they real to you/do they affect you?

Abbey Marie
09-15-2008, 12:19 PM
In Philly/Camden NJ/Chester, shootings/murders are about as regular as the sun rising. Sometimes they seem like they are happening in the Wild West of old. I'll bet most of us suburban folks feel the same way, that it's another world, and we just shake our heads.

Once when I once stopped for gas in a so-so area of NJ, two guys ran right in front of my front bumper. One was shooting wildly at the other. Pretty scary moment for me, but it gave me an appreciation of how randomly innocent people can be killed in these neighborhoods. Just the wrong place, wrong time.

Have you ever witnessed a shooting? Not in a war zone, but just here in the old USA?

Did it affect your feelings about:
1. Crime
2. Gun ownership

mundame
09-15-2008, 12:24 PM
In Philly/Camden NJ/Chester, shootings/murders are about as regular as the sun rising. Sometimes they seem like they are happening in the Wild West of old. I'll bet most of us suburban folks feel the same way, that it's another world, and we just shake our heads.

Once when I once stopped for gas in a so-so area of NJ, two guys ran right in front of my front bumper. One was shooting wildly at the other. Pretty scary moment for me, but it gave me an appreciation of how randomly innocent people can be killed in these neighborhoods. Just the wrong place, wrong time.

Have you ever witnessed a shooting? Not in a war zone, but just here in the old USA?

1. Crime
2. Gun ownership

Don't forget Baltimore. Very high murder rate here.

I never saw a shooting. Lots of crime not too far away where the refugees from Baltimore have come up into northern Maryland and shoot it up amongst themselves, though. As long as they stay over there and shoot each other, that's fine with me.

As long as we can legally have guns in case they DON'T stay over there, that is.

crin63
09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Never witnessed a shooting, but had 2 people killed with guns that I was close too.

I had a gun held to my head once.

My brothers friend was shot in the mouth.

Mr. P
09-15-2008, 12:49 PM

1. Crime
2. Gun ownership

While in flight school I saw a woman unload a .22cal pistol into a guys chest while he circled a car right in front of our mess-hall, six shots as I recall. He was in a white T-shirt that immediately turned bright red. Then he got in the passenger side of a car and she drove him to the hospital just a few blocks away. A crime of passion I guess.

That had no affect on my feeling about crime or gun ownership.

Trigg
09-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I've never witnessed a shooting or had anyone close to me shot.

I was very aware of areas to avoid while living in New Orleans. I was also more aware of my surroundings and the people walking around me than I am now.

09-15-2008, 02:07 PM
not witnessed anything but they do affect me because they provide more work for me.

gabosaurus
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
The sister of one my sister's college roommates was shot in a drive by in Compton. A case of mistaken identity.
I am guessing that many of you don't live in crime-ridden areas. You live in white neighborhoods where everyone loves guns. Your kids buy crack from the drug dealers who live in the bad neighborhoods.
There is no reason why there should not be gun purchase requirements. The whole "free militia" thing is a fucking dodge. It's an excuse for gun dealers to sell weapons to whoever they want.
If you support free unfiltered gun purchases and ownership, you support urban violence. You supports guns owned by criminals and gang members.
If you disagree, you are a fucking stupid fool. Every damn one of you. All you fucked up militant conservative Republicans who keep 30 guns in your house.
I know that this will kick back on some of you. One of your kids will find your gun and shoot themselves in the head. Or a friend or neighbor will be a victim of violent crime. It will happen sooner or later. We'll see if you have that same smirk on your face then. At the funeral.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
The sister of one my sister's college roommates was shot in a drive by in Compton. A case of mistaken identity.
I am guessing that many of you don't live in crime-ridden areas. You live in white neighborhoods where everyone loves guns. Your kids buy crack from the drug dealers who live in the bad neighborhoods.
There is no reason why there should not be gun purchase requirements. The whole "free militia" thing is a fucking dodge. It's an excuse for gun dealers to sell weapons to whoever they want.
If you support free unfiltered gun purchases and ownership, you support urban violence. You supports guns owned by criminals and gang members.
If you disagree, you are a fucking stupid fool. Every damn one of you. All you fucked up militant conservative Republicans who keep 30 guns in your house.
I know that this will kick back on some of you. One of your kids will find your gun and shoot themselves in the head. Or a friend or neighbor will be a victim of violent crime. It will happen sooner or later. We'll see if you have that same smirk on your face then. At the funeral.

you guess wrong stupid. before you make such general statements, you might want to think about and read about the posters you "try" to smear. oh wait, you are a white dem married to a white rich guy.

pardon me. :poke:

crin63
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM

My uncle was shot in the head and killed in Whittier, CA about 1994. A very close friend was shot and killed in Banning, CA at her dads pawn shop about 1987.

One of my friends was stabbed repeatedly in Yucaipa, CA by Banning gang members.

I happen to live in an area that has allot of gang violence. We had so many shootings in my town a few months back that we had to have the Los Angeles Sheriffs, C.H.P., and any other department we could get to help patrol our streets in addition to our local P.D.

My business was only a couple blocks from Compton in Gardena and I drove through Compton frequently. I worked with 3 or 4 Compton Bloods who used to brag about drivebys and dealing. I used to try and get them to come to church with me.

I was working in Vernon before, during and after the Rodney King riots. I was working about 10 blocks from where Reginald Denny was pulled from his truck and beaten. I had a .45 in between the seats to make sure I got out.

So you can take you suppositions, your psychobabble nonsense and take a flying leap because you have absolutely no clue of what you speak.

I don't have 30 yet but I will.

Just for good measure heres pictures of my daughter shooting my M1a and Ruger Mark III last Saturday.

SassyLady
09-15-2008, 09:08 PM

Then I am a "stupid fucking fool" because I diagree with you.

Gun control will NOT keep the criminals from getting guns and using them. Those that use guns in crimes could care less whether there are gun control laws. They will do what they want. Gun control laws will only keep law abiding citizens from owning them.

SassyLady
09-15-2008, 09:16 PM
To answer your question Abbey,

My brother killed three women with a gun that he obtained illegally. He is serving three consecutive life sentences and this fact does not change how I feel about gun control. I think anyone that uses a gun, obtained either legally or illegally, in a crime should be put away for life. If they use it to kill another person, they should get the death sentence.

I believe American Citizens who have no criminal history, or mental impairments, should be allowed to own a gun if they choose to.

Abbey Marie
09-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Then I am a "stupid fucking fool" because I diagree with you.

Gun control will NOT keep the criminals from getting guns and using them. Those that use guns in crimes could care less whether there are gun control laws. They will do what they want. Gun control laws will only keep law abiding citizens from owning them.

Libs will always use the "They'll get them even if they are illegal" argument to defend keeping abortion legal, but never for gun rights.

SassyLady
09-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Libs will always use the "They'll get them even if they are illegal" argument to defend keeping abortion legal, but never for gun rights.

How true!

Trigg
09-16-2008, 10:50 AM

You've been on this board long enough to at least try to single people out and know something about many of the posters here.

You sit in your lilly white rich area of Cali and condemn EVERYONE here instead of reading the posts and realizing that many live in large cities with crime problems.

This is the third time you've posted that you hope someones child will be killed by a gun in the home. Are you really that sick of a person.

BTW gun control laws only affect LAW ABIDING PEOPLE. The criminals couldn't care less.

theHawk
09-16-2008, 11:25 AM

HeeeHawww thats right. I don't think there should be any gun purchase requirements because I wanna see them darkies 'n da hood shoot each other up to death. *smirk*

:poke: