PDA

View Full Version : War with Pakistan Coming Up?

mundame
09-15-2008, 02:54 PM
So since Sept. 1 Bush has allowed American troops to go into Pakistan after Taliban.

And then our troops bombed some village inside Pakistan and killed a bunch of women and children, inevitably, since that's who LIVE there (as well as the Taliban, I'm sure).

So a big protest happened and the new Paki prez said we had better not do that anymore and Paki troops moved into position........

And last night shot at our helicopters and troops that were, indeed, coming across the border.

It is being called a border incident, but local people said the firing went on for hours and they headed for the hills, literally. So it sounds like a battle to me.

Looks like war coming soon with Pakistan. Everyone okay with that?

On the one hand, I think the battlefield has to be widened into Pakistan or we have no hope in Afghanistan. On the other hand, I think it would be better with any other president besides Bush, because he loses every war he gets into and is totally incapable. So I wish we'd wait for another president, any president, but it's not looking like that's happening.

Yurt
09-15-2008, 02:59 PM
obama supports going into pakistan

Kathianne
09-15-2008, 03:02 PM
obama supports going into pakistan

Yep, and from everything I've read, the US has sent in armed drones, not troops.

eighballsidepocket
09-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd say this is one definition of the "Bush Doctrine".

You harbor terrorists bent on the destruction of the U.S.A., then you are no better than the terrorists, and we won't respect your sovereignty.

Pre-emptive policy.

Pakistan has been playing "footsy" with the Taliban, and Al-Queda even before 9/11. They use the excuse of the U.S.A. interferring in their sovereignty, but that's just because they/Pakistan fears the Islamo-Radical movements within their borders.

This is a country that has nukes.........not almost nukes, like Iran!