PDA

View Full Version : Democrats helping the disadvantaged ?????????????

manu1959
09-16-2008, 02:08 PM
What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit , MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo , NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati , OH (3rd)...since 1984;

Cleveland , OH (4th)...since 1989;

Miami , FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis , MO (6th)....since 1949;

El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee , WI (8th)...since 1908;

Philadelphia , PA (9th)...since 1952;

Newark , NJ (10th)...since 1907.

It is the disadvantaged who habitually elect Democrats --- yet they are still disadvantaged

retiredman
09-16-2008, 02:22 PM
that does not prove, in any way, that democratic municipal policies are the reason that they have high poverty rates.

but then, you knew that already.

manu1959
09-16-2008, 03:25 PM
that does not prove, in any way, that democratic municipal policies are the reason that they have high poverty rates.

but then, you knew that already.

wow.......that assertion wasn't anywhere in the op.....you all really do see shit that isn't there.........

retiredman
09-16-2008, 03:37 PM
wow.......that assertion wasn't anywhere in the op.....you all really do see shit that isn't there.........

I never siad the assertion was made.

The implication certainly was:lol:

Silver
09-16-2008, 04:40 PM
A peculiar set of facts.....so mfm...what does this set of facts imply....???

besides the fact that the top 10 poorest cities routinely elect Dims like themselves.....:laugh2::lol:

Are they poor because they are dim...and being dim they elect Dems?
They are Dems because they are dim...and being dim Dems they elect Dems....?

retiredman
09-16-2008, 04:44 PM

besides the fact that the top 10 poorest cities routinely elect Dims like themselves.....:laugh2::lol:

do you seek an honest dialog or merely a laugh track?

manu1959
09-16-2008, 04:46 PM
I never siad the assertion was made.

The implication certainly was:lol:

the stament was.....

It is the disadvantaged who habitually elect Democrats --- yet they are still disadvantaged ....

now where is there any statement about the dems policies.....

the remark is about the voters themselves......they keep voting for the same people and their situation gets no better.....

why do they do that.....

red states rule
09-16-2008, 04:47 PM

Dems will fall back on the same old excuses

the programs to help the poor were not funded enough; mean Republicans blocked the measures where the poor could have been helped; and the programs to help the poor have not been given enough time to work

It is sort of like libs like MFM calling for diversity behind the gate of his exclusive all white community. All that matters is their good intentions - not the results

MtnBiker
09-16-2008, 04:48 PM
correlation only equals causation when discussing global warming

manu1959
09-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Dems will fall back on the same old excuses

the programs to help the poor were not funded enough; mean Republicans blocked the measures where the poor could have been helped; and the programs to help the poor have not been given enough time to work

It is sort of like libs like MFM calling for diversity behind the gate of his exclusive all white community. All that matters is their good intentions - not the results

nah.....i was told that it will be worse under the pubs....that is why you should vote dem.....

"i know you are poor....but if you don't vote for us imagine how much poorer you will be"

red states rule
09-16-2008, 04:50 PM
correlation only equals causation when discussing global warming

or spreading the message of a greener planet in a private jet. (like Al Gore does)

manu1959
09-16-2008, 04:51 PM
or spreading the message of a greener planet in a private jet. (like Al Gore does)

or his 100 foot houseboat.....

MtnBiker
09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
so, how have democrat policies helped the poor in those cities, after all they are still poor

red states rule
09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
or his 100 foot houseboat.....

or when libs demand a carbon credit system; realize they have to pay for it; then demand someone else pays for it

theHawk
09-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Don't you people understand? Democratic policies won't work until all Republicans are thrown out of Federal, state, and local offices across the nation. Then we'll have a liberal Utopia and all woes vanquished.

Psychoblues
09-17-2008, 03:38 AM
The Dems have done well by me, dumbo. But, I'm only middleclass with whom you appear to have no association.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PostmodernProphet
09-17-2008, 05:31 AM

actually, I have always been convinced that Democratic policies were the cause of high poverty rates. I have also been convinced it was intentional. They want an enslaved voting base to secure power.

retiredman
09-17-2008, 05:53 AM
actually, I have always been convinced that Democratic policies were the cause of high poverty rates. I have also been convinced it was intentional. They want an enslaved voting base to secure power.

your "being convinced" is ALSO not proof of anything. sorry.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 05:57 AM
your "being convinced" is ALSO not proof of anything. sorry.

PMP is convinced based on the Dems "results" of $9 trillion in wealth transfers that were to help the poor

After 40 years of the Dems war on poverty, your side says poverty is worse then ever