PDA

View Full Version : Say it Loud, Say it Often, "Republicans are Bad on National Security"

midcan5
09-16-2008, 02:54 PM
By Larry Beinhart

"Every Democrat running for national office - and local offices too, why not? - should say, "I'm running because Republicans are bad on national security."

Then they should go on to say, here's why I'm saying it:

1. 9/11 happened on their watch.
Of course, we can't say, absolutely, that it would not have happened if they had not been
asleep at the wheel. But we can say that they did not do all they could have done to prevent it. We can say that Bush literally pushed away the warnings."

http://www.larrybeinhart.com/articles/node/27

retiredman
09-16-2008, 02:57 PM
great article!

red states rule
09-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Have you defeatest libs given up telling us the war in Iraq is lost? :laugh2:

Immanuel
09-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Well, clearly they should not be running on "Sarah Palin is unqualified". They should not be running on "I'm going to raise your taxes". They should not be running on "kill any unwanted child that survives an abortion attempt." They should not be running on "teach sex education to kindergartners".

Maybe, "Republicans are bad on National Security" wound be better than those.

Immie

red states rule
09-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Well, clearly they should not be running on "Sarah Palin is unqualified". They should not be running on "I'm going to raise your taxes". They should not be running on "kill any unwanted child that survives an abortion attempt." They should not be running on "teach sex education to kindergartners".

Immie

Dems are running on one common theme - "America Sucks"

Yurt
09-16-2008, 03:09 PM
the surge will not work, it will make matters worse - senor waffle

red states rule
09-16-2008, 03:13 PM

What happened to all the hearings the Dems were having on Iraq?

Where are the daily press conferences by Reid and Pelosi on the number of troop deaths?

The silence from the left on iraq is deafening

I wonder why they stopped talking about Iraq?

manu1959
09-16-2008, 03:16 PM
By Larry Beinhart

"Every Democrat running for national office - and local offices too, why not? - should say, "I'm running because Republicans are bad on national security."

yes..... this comming from the crowd that had a holy war declared on them ... two us buildings bombed .... two us embassies bombed ..... a us warship attacked .... yep the dems are tough on nationl security ....

red states rule
09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
yes..... this comming from the crowd that had a holy war declared on them ... two us buildings bombed .... two us embassies bombed ..... a us warship attacked .... yep the dems are tough on nationl security ....

Dems are tough in terrorists

They unleash an frontal assault of UN resolutions. A barrage of warning and sanctions from the Dem Congress. The liberal media will attack them with vicious reputations

Get the picture?

darin
09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Folk who think that article is great are absolutely idiotic. Mentally ill perhaps. It's so beyond asinine it's nauseating.

manu1959
09-16-2008, 03:24 PM

They unleash an frontal assault of UN resolutions. A barrage of warning and sanctions from the Dem Congress. The liberal media will attack them with vicious reputations

Get the picture?

yes ... they sure took a hard line in somalia, rawanda and waco....

red states rule
09-16-2008, 03:26 PM

and John Edwards will file a lawsuit in the World Court

That will strike the fear of Allah in the terrorists

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2008, 07:03 PM
yah know....if you intend to influence people with lies, it isn't wise to advertise the fact you're going to do it ahead of time.....

darin
09-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Have you defeatest libs given up telling us the war in Iraq is lost? :laugh2:

Immie

Dems are running on one common theme - "America Sucks"

What happened to all the hearings the Dems were having on Iraq?

Where are the daily press conferences by Reid and Pelosi on the number of troop deaths?

The silence from the left on iraq is deafening

I wonder why they stopped talking about Iraq?

Get the picture?

Folk who think that article is great are absolutely idiotic. Mentally ill perhaps. It's so beyond asinine it's nauseating.

and John Edwards will file a lawsuit in the World Court

That will strike the fear of Allah in the terrorists

yah know....if you intend to influence people with lies, it isn't wise to advertise the fact you're going to do it ahead of time.....

Hey Midcan5 - to save you time? let me summarize all the replies I've quoted.

They ALL mean:

http://www.d-mphotos.com/images/asskick.gif

The Piece of crap HACK who drafted that piece would likely blame Republicans for the Tsunami that wiped out so many lives Christmas a couple years ago...I mean...after all...it happened on THEIR WATCH! Right???

stephanie
09-16-2008, 08:54 PM
By Larry Beinhart

Then they should go on to say, here's why I'm saying it:

Of course, we can't say, absolutely, that it would not have happened if they had not been
asleep at the wheel. But we can say that they did not do all they could have done to prevent it. We can say that Bush literally pushed away the warnings."

http://www.larrybeinhart.com/articles/node/27

go right ahead, then we can come back and say the Democrats aren't any good at national security, since the first world trade center bombing happened while the Democrat President was getting a blow job by a girl the same age as his daughter.....

red states rule
09-16-2008, 09:03 PM
go right ahead, then we can come back and say the Democrats aren't any good at national security, since the first world trade center bombing happened while the Democrat President was getting a blow job by a girl the same age as his daughter.....

Let the San Fran libs speak out about how Dems view national defense, and our military

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/9161.jpg

Mr. P
09-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz this is getting so boring...are there any liberals that can post an honest opinion they'd like to discuss instead of this constant diarrhea?

midcan5
09-17-2008, 06:22 AM

Take Another Look at the Surge By Patrick Cockburn

"As he leaves Iraq this week the outgoing US commander General David Petraeus is sounding far less optimistic than the Republican presidential candidate John McCain about the American situation in Iraq. Gen Petraeus says that it remains “fragile”, recent security gains are “not irreversible” and “this is not the sort of struggle where you take a hill, plant the flag and go home to a victory parade…it’s not a war with a simple slogan.""

http://www.counterpunch.org/patrick09152008.html

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Take Another Look at the Surge By Patrick Cockburn

"As he leaves Iraq this week the outgoing US commander General David Petraeus is sounding far less optimistic than the Republican presidential candidate John McCain about the American situation in Iraq. Gen Petraeus says that it remains “fragile”, recent security gains are “not irreversible” and “this is not the sort of struggle where you take a hill, plant the flag and go home to a victory parade…it’s not a war with a simple slogan.""

http://www.counterpunch.org/patrick09152008.html

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

So is your messiah now lying? :laugh2:

Obama: Surge Succeeded Beyond ‘Wildest Dreams’

The troop surge in Iraq has been more successful than anyone could have imagined, Barack Obama conceded Thursday in his first-ever interview on FOX News’ “The O’Reilly Factor.”

As recently as July, the Democratic presidential candidate declined to rate the surge a success, but said it had helped reduce violence in the country. On Thursday, Obama acknowledged the 2007 increase in U.S. troops has benefited the Iraqi people.

“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated,” Obama said while refusing to retract his initial opposition to the surge. “I’ve already said it’s succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.”

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/04/obama-surge-succeeded-beyond-wildest-dreams/

midcan5
09-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz this is getting so boring...are there any liberals that can post an honest opinion they'd like to discuss instead of this constant diarrhea?

Disprove it then.

from article:

2. George Bush and the Republicans failed to get Osama bin Laden.
3. George Bush and the Republicans gave Osama bin Laden what he wanted.
4. George Bush and the Republicans squandered America's power and prestige.
5. The Bush administration empowered Hezbollah.
6. The Bush administration radicalized Hamas.
7. Bush and the Republicans tied down our forces in Iraq while Iran and North Korea invested in nuclear technology.
8. By the way, every major European nation has had successful arrests and real trials of real, dangerous terrorists. People on the level of this group that the British just took down.
9. We have trashed the bill of rights. We have trashed the Geneva conventions. We have a president and a vice president willing to go the mat to fight for the right to torture people. We have spent a fortune on illegal wiretaps. We have spent a fortune on collecting everyone's telephone data.

And what have we achieved by all of this?

A quagmire in Iraq. Dishonor. Debts. An empowered al Qaeda. A new war in Lebanon. The inability to stand up to Iran and North Korea. Osama bin Laden at large, an inspiration to extremists everywhere.

Republican are unimaginably bad on national security.

retiredman
09-17-2008, 06:32 AM
the surge was touted as the means to achieving a stable political solution in Iraq. The US military did THEIR end of the deal. The concurrent, yet unrelated, sunni awakening assisted in the achievement of military goals...but the progress on reaching the stable political solution has been marginal and it is that situation to which Petraeus refers to as fragile.

I have said for YEARS that the minute our troops depart Iraq, the government of Iraq will begin closely aligning itself with Iran and the sunnis in Iraq will not stand for that. Peaceful, multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-sectarian democracy in Iraq is a pipedream today just as it was when Iraq was first drawn on a map at the end of WWI, IMHO.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 06:37 AM
the surge was touted as the means to achieving a stable political solution in Iraq. The US military did THEIR end of the deal. The concurrent, yet unrelated, sunni awakening assisted in the achievement of military goals...but the progress on reaching the stable political solution has been marginal and it is that situation to which Petraeus refers to as fragile.

I have said for YEARS that the minute our troops depart Iraq, the government of Iraq will begin closely aligning itself with Iran and the sunnis in Iraq will not stand for that. Peaceful, multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-sectarian democracy in Iraq is a pipedream today just as it was when Iraq was first drawn on a map at the end of WWI, IMHO.

For years you have screamed to the heavens for surrender and appeasement. You have slimed and smeared the troops, like elected leaders in your party. For years you danced on the graves of the dead troops to score political points

Even after the troops succeed in destroying AQ in Iraq, you still openly hope for doom and gloom - again for political reasons

To you the troops are expendable in your war on Bush and Republicans. As long as your party gains more power in November you have no problem with the US losing a war

And you will do all you can yo make it happen

red states rule
09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
http://logo.cafepress.com/nocache/8/3188508.jpg