PDA

View Full Version : Fatimah Ali: 'Race war' in America If Obama Loses

red states rule
09-16-2008, 05:42 PM
So will the Obamabots burn down their cities should their messiah lose the election?

Fatimah Ali: 'Race war' in America
By Fatimah Ali
Philadelphia Daily News

AT LEAST 2 million readers visit DrudgeReport.com daily, and, for the last two weeks, it seemed like most of them were steamed at me.
Thousands of hostile messages flooded my e-mail after my Sept. 2 column that the Daily News called "We Need Obama, Not 4 More Years of George Bush."

Drudge cleverly headlined it: "Philadelphia columnist warns if McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race war."

I stand by the column - but after all of that backlash, I realize I was dead wrong. We don't have to wait until after the election for a race war. We're in one now.

I know that putting the words "race" and "war" together is like hurling an incendiary device. But I wasn't issuing a call to arms, it was a metaphorical prediction.

I hate violence, but I do see a growing wave of intolerance sweeping the nation. And most of the responses were hostile, like one from someone who identified himself as Dennis Van Pelt: "Obama runs like a porch monkey in Alabama during a KKK concert." But, not all white Southerners feel like Dennis. Russ Nelson wrote: "I am a white male who was proud to cast my vote for Barack Obama in the Alabama state primary. He inspires me!"

Nelson sounds more like the liberal whites I grew up with in West Mount Airy, a community that pioneered integration in Philadelphia and kept me wearing rose-colored glasses. I didn't personally experience racism until I was 40, and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

The recent onslaught of hate mail I received is a cruel reminder that racism is a like a simmering pot ready to boil over. But it's diametrically opposed to what democracy should represent.

I move in diverse circles and was raised in an upper-middle-class family with parents who exposed us to a wide range of experiences. My family includes several races and religions and a range of political views.

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/20080916_Fatimah_Ali___Race_war__in_America.html

Mr. P
09-16-2008, 05:57 PM
So will the Obamabots burn down their cities should their messiah lose the election?

Fatimah Ali: 'Race war' in America
By Fatimah Ali
Philadelphia Daily News

AT LEAST 2 million readers visit DrudgeReport.com daily, and, for the last two weeks, it seemed like most of them were steamed at me.
Thousands of hostile messages flooded my e-mail after my Sept. 2 column that the Daily News called "We Need Obama, Not 4 More Years of George Bush."

Drudge cleverly headlined it: "Philadelphia columnist warns if McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race war."

I stand by the column - but after all of that backlash, I realize I was dead wrong. We don't have to wait until after the election for a race war. We're in one now.

I know that putting the words "race" and "war" together is like hurling an incendiary device. But I wasn't issuing a call to arms, it was a metaphorical prediction.

I hate violence, but I do see a growing wave of intolerance sweeping the nation. And most of the responses were hostile, like one from someone who identified himself as Dennis Van Pelt: "Obama runs like a porch monkey in Alabama during a KKK concert." But, not all white Southerners feel like Dennis. Russ Nelson wrote: "I am a white male who was proud to cast my vote for Barack Obama in the Alabama state primary. He inspires me!"

Nelson sounds more like the liberal whites I grew up with in West Mount Airy, a community that pioneered integration in Philadelphia and kept me wearing rose-colored glasses. I didn't personally experience racism until I was 40, and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

The recent onslaught of hate mail I received is a cruel reminder that racism is a like a simmering pot ready to boil over. But it's diametrically opposed to what democracy should represent.

I move in diverse circles and was raised in an upper-middle-class family with parents who exposed us to a wide range of experiences. My family includes several races and religions and a range of political views.

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/20080916_Fatimah_Ali___Race_war__in_America.html

I expect fires and riots in the hood even if he win.

red states rule
09-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I expect fires and riots in the hood even if he win.

Would that be their way of celebrating? Of course it would a way getting Federal funds to build news homes

Mr. P
09-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Would that be their way of celebrating? Of course it would a way getting Federal funds to build news homes

Well, yes and showing their 'true' colors. Ya,ya I'm racist (not), I live in the South it's a given. :lol:

red states rule
09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Well, yes and showing their 'true' colors. Ya,ya I'm racist (not), I live in the South it's a given. :lol:

Why are the Obamaniacs threatening the American people?

The libs meltdown continues

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/gruesome_scanners_431x300.jpg

Nukeman
09-18-2008, 11:31 AM

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/20080916_Fatimah_Ali___Race_war__in_America.htmlI gotta ask, Who the hell is going to be fighting in this "race war" I mean come on the blacks in the US make up about 14-17% of the population. If you take into account that almost 45% of them are in jail at any given time (mostly able bodied black males). That only leaves between 6-9% of them available to fight and they are women, small children, and old men.... Makes one go Hmmmmmm???????????

red states rule
09-18-2008, 11:35 AM
I gotta ask, Who the hell is going to be fighting in this "race war" I mean come on the blacks in the US make up about 14-17% of the population. If you take into account that almost 8% of them are in jail at any given time (mostly able bodied black males). That only leaves between 6-9% of them available to fight and they are women, small children, and old men.... Makes one go Hmmmmmm???????????

It is mostly pissed off liberals who are watching their messiah tank in the polls, and running a lousy campaign

They can't admit the truth, so they have to try and make whites feel guilty into voting for Obama

But I have to agree with you. It is all more liberal BS talking points that do make any sense. Much like Obama's policies, promises, and ideas

Abbey Marie
09-18-2008, 11:44 AM
What Ms. Ali is really saying is:

"I've seen the polls, and I'm really scared Obama will lose. We need to start the race rioting now to scare white people into voting for Obama."

red states rule
09-18-2008, 11:47 AM
What Ms. Ali is really saying is:

"I've seen the polls, and I'm really scared Obama will lose. We need to start the race rioting now to scare white people into voting for Obama."

Amazing how liberals try to win over voters, and their thought process. They call them racists, meanspirited, stupid, ignorant, cheap, greedy, rednecks, hicks, Bible thumpers, ect - then wonder why the hell they are losing the election

Abbey Marie
09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Amazing how liberals try to win over voters, and their thought process. They call them racists, meanspirited, stupid, ignorant, cheap, greedy, rednecks, hicks, Bible thumpers, ect - then wonder why the hell they are losing the election

Not to mention telling us women we are bad moms if we work and have children.

red states rule
09-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Not to mention telling us women we are bad moms if we work and have children.

Abbey, libs have proven how they view women with kids and working

They love it when liberal women like Gabby have a career and kids. They want her to break through the glass ceiling

However, the same libs want conservative women like you to be the one who sweep the broken glass off the floor

Then go make dinner, and wash the dishes