PDA

View Full Version : Stop The Presses! Palin Bought A Tanning Bed

red states rule
09-16-2008, 08:16 PM
What is next with the liberal media? Running a "story" she went moose hunting without a permit?

Sarah Palin Installed Tanning Bed at Governor's Mansion
Monday September 15, 2008

Self-proclaimed "hockey mom" Sarah Palin had a private tanning bed installed in the Governor's Mansion in Juneau, Alaska, Usmagazine.com confirmed on Monday.

"She did. She paid for it with her own money," Roger Wetherell, chief communications officer of Alaska's Department of Transportation and Public Facilities told Us.

The Narco News Bulletin first reported on the former beauty queen's penchant for a bronzed body.

"It was done shortly after she took office [in early 2007] and moved into the mansion," Wetherell told the Narco News.

According to Wetherell, the tanning bed was purchased used, from a health club.

Tanning beds can cost up to $35,000 to install in a home - not including the cost of parts, Color Me Tan manager Erin Weise told the Narco News.

"I don't think it's normal for people to have a tanning bed in their house, " Wiese, who is based in Fairbanks said. "It's expensive."

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/sarah-palin-installed-a-tanning-bed-at-the-governors-mansion

Mr. P
09-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Well, to look at her I'd say, she must not have used it much.....but

"She did. She paid for it with her own money," Roger Wetherell, chief communications officer of Alaska's Department of Transportation and Public Facilities told Us.

Nuff said, no need to read farther than that second sentence.

red states rule
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Well, to look at her I'd say, she must not have used it much.....but

Nuff said, no need to read farther than that second sentence.

Libs are not happy unless they are bitching about something

Psychoblues
09-16-2008, 09:43 PM
I understand that she didn't buy it for "tanning" purposes but more for treatment of depression which is a common ailment in Alaska.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
09-16-2008, 09:46 PM
I understand that she didn't buy it for "tanning" purposes but more for treatment of depression which is a common ailment in Alaska.

Based on the current polls, and Obama's crash - you libs are the ones who are seeking treatment for depression :laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-16-2008, 10:01 PM
So, is it your position to diagnose Democrats and their ailments while ignoring the ailments of your nominee for VP of the United States of America?

Based on the current polls, and Obama's crash - you libs are the ones who are seeking treatment for depression :laugh2:

I knew you were a crackpot, rsr, but this goes beyond the pale just a bit even for you!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
09-17-2008, 06:19 AM
So, is it your position to diagnose Democrats and their ailments while ignoring the ailments of your nominee for VP of the United States of America?

I knew you were a crackpot, rsr, but this goes beyond the pale just a bit even for you!!!!!!!!!

This may be one of the reason you are in a testy mood today

RealClearPolitics Electoral College

McCain/Palin 227

Obama/Biden 207

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

PostmodernProphet
09-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Tanning beds can cost up to $35,000 to install in a home - not including the cost of parts, Color Me Tan manager Erin Weise told the Narco News.

and then....

Great Tanning Bed-Wolff System
Item number: 160283404732

Seller of this item? Sign in for your status
Watch this item in My eBay

This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
As a guest, you can:
Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends

Great Tanning Bed-Wolff System
View larger picture

Starting bid: US $500.00
Your maximum bid:
US $
Place Bid >
(Enter US $500.00 or more)

Buy It Now price: US $800.00 Buy It Now >

No payments until 2009 - new eBay MasterCard
End time: Sep-18-08 07:10:18 PDT (1 day)
Shipping costs:
Pickup only - see item description for details
Ships to: Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping).
Item location: Springfield, TN, United States
History: 0 bids
You can also:

Bid with Bid Assistant
Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend
Listing and payment details: HideShow

Starting time: Sep-15-08 07:10:18 PDT
Starting bid: US $500.00
Duration: 3-day listing

Payment methods:
PayPal,
Money order/Cashiers check
See details

Meet the seller
Seller: dawncj123( 10Feedback score is 10 to 49)
Member: since May-25-07 in United States
See detailed feedback
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 10 | 100% Positive
See detailed feedback
2. Check how you're protected

Up to $200 in buyer protection. See eligibility

red states rule
09-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Why do liberals feel they have the right to pass judgement how Sarah Palin spends HER money.

She cut out the pork at the Governor's mansion, sold the airplane, etc. and yet libs want her held accountable for a tanning bed she paid for herself?

Libs are sooooo depserate

red states rule
09-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Now DNCTV and Keith Overbite is on this "scandal"

Olbermann Whiffs on Tanning, Fineman Says Media Should 'Grow A Pair' on Palin
By Tim Graham (Bio | Archive)
September 16, 2008 - 16:15 ET

Now, an update on the Palin tanning-bed "scandal." On Countdown on Monday night, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann tried to sound the alarm of elitism on the Governor's personal tanning bed – it's like an expensive John Edwards haircut, he claimed – but Newsweek's Howard Fineman played the wet blanket, telling Olbermann that in Alaska, "everybody goes to tanning beds all the time." Fineman did agree with the host that it's wrong to find sexism in the Tina Fey Palin impersonation on Saturday Night Live. Fineman said the media needs to adopt the Amy Poehler/Hillary character's motto about the media's need to get tough on the alleged media darling Palin: "Grow a pair, or I'll lend you mine." Fineman said, "That should be the advice we all follow." To the transcript:

OLBERMANN: Like it or not, the country responded to the elitist angle they were playing on Obama, and the $400 haircut on John Edwards. That stuck. What self-respecting hockey mom governator wants to get caught within 100 miles of her own tanning bed?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/09/16/olbermann-whiffs-tanning-fineman-says-media-should-grow-pair-palin

Trigg
09-17-2008, 01:46 PM

Oh, so you can diagnose Palin, but RSR can't do the same thing. Pot meet Kettle.

Where exactly did you hear that the tanning bed was for depression?? Did the little birdie at the bar tell you??

red states rule
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh, so you can diagnose Palin, but RSR can't do the same thing. Pot meet Kettle.

Where exactly did you hear that the tanning bed was for depression?? Did the little birdie at the bar tell you??

Trigg, next up for libs is to attack Gov Palin by saying her the money she spent on her clothes violate financial ethics

Yurt
09-17-2008, 02:30 PM
when i lived in the PNW, i occasionally used tanning beds in the winter because my body can not handle being without the sunlight for a period of time. this is a non-issue.

the dems are desperate

red states rule
09-17-2008, 02:31 PM
when i lived in the PNW, i occasionally used tanning beds in the winter because my body can not handle being without the sunlight for a period of time. this is a non-issue.

the dems are desperate

Or they are pissed Gov Palin has one - and Obama does not need one

Yurt
09-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Or they are pissed Gov Palin has one - and Obama does not need one

it has nothing to do with skin pigment...

it has to do with sunlight or lack thereof. vit D is of course the best treatment, however, i along with others, find using a tanning bed quick and easy and the warmth experienced (no more than 10 minutes) feels close to being back in CA. i'm sure there are others who would disagree with the beds.

the libs have nothing on palin and jump for joy over a freakin tanning bed

red states rule
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
it has nothing to do with skin pigment...

it has to do with sunlight or lack thereof. vit D is of course the best treatment, however, i along with others, find using a tanning bed quick and easy and the warmth experienced (no more than 10 minutes) feels close to being back in CA. i'm sure there are others who would disagree with the beds.

the libs have nothing on palin and jump for joy over a freakin tanning bed

They are scared to death of her Yurt. She has turned the election around and even in heavy blue states McCain has closed the gap, or is even tied with Obama

What is next with this "scandal"? Gov Palin's carbon footprint is to large?

manu1959
09-17-2008, 03:45 PM

lack of sunlight can cause mild depression......http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lack+of+sunlight+depression&aq=f&oq=

red states rule
09-17-2008, 07:17 PM
From the nuts over at the Daily Kos. Seems they ignore the fact Gov Palin paid for the tanning bed with her OWN money

Palin's $400 dollar haircut? Private Tanning Bed in Gov Mansion
by foxsucks81

Sun Sep 14, 2008 at 09:45:27 PM PDT
Al Giordano is breaking this story over at the Field. Apparently Sarah Palin had a private tanning bed installed in the governor's mansion, one of her first acts as governor:

"The governor did have a tanning bed put in the Governor’s Mansion," Roger Wetherell, chief communications officer of Alaska’s Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, confirmed to this newspaper. "It was done shortly after she took office [in early 2007] and moved into the mansion."

Digg It!!!

foxsucks81's diary :: ::
Palin did not register the tanning bed as a gift, as required by ethics laws, so one could surmise she paid for it with her own money, but the governor's mansion underwent electrical wiring updates soon after she took office, which would be required to supply the increased voltage such industrial model beds require. However:

Asked whether taxpayer funds were used to equip the Alaska Governor’s Mansion for Palin’s tanning bed, Public Facilities spokesman Wetherell confirmed that the mansion’s electrical system had been upgraded early in Palin’s term. He insisted that the electrical work was not prompted by the extra needs of a tanning bed, but, rather was part of a project undertaken to bring the historic mansion’s wiring up to current building standards.

The Field was unable to verify the make, model, and price of the bed, but it was bought at a discount from a health club.

Wetherell was not able to provide the name of the health club, the model of the tanning bed, nor the price Palin paid for the machine, which means there is no way of verifying, at this point, if Palin did, in fact, purchase it with her own money, and if so, whether she received a discount off market value exceeding $150 in deference to her position as governor.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/15/03916/0174/922/599118

Yurt
09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
i heard palin actually belched really loud at a dinner party once

red states rule
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
i heard palin actually belched really loud at a dinner party once

and she also- gasp - passed some greenhouse gases at the same dinner party

yurt, as a lawyer, what will happen to Gov Palin if she really did remove those tags from her furniture? That is another charge the left is about to level

Yurt
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM
and she also- gasp - passed some greenhouse gases at the same dinner party

yurt, as a lawyer, what will happen to Gov Palin if she really did remove those tags from her furniture? That is another charge the left is about to level

she gets sentenced to 'fort levitz'

red states rule
09-18-2008, 06:11 AM
she gets sentenced to 'fort levitz'

I heard the NY Times is working on a front page story that several times, Gov Palin failed to get the oil changed in her car when needed, and failed to follow Obama's demand to inflate the tires.

midcan5
09-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Her plan is to stick John in the tanner and set it to maximum.

red states rule
09-18-2008, 10:31 AM

Again, are you libs upset Obama does not need a tanning bed?

Yurt
09-18-2008, 11:02 AM

you are accusing a VP candidate of attempted first degree murder or battery, kidnapping....

what intellectual giant you must believe you are, i bet you look in the mirror every morning and try to convince yourself...you are smart and gosh darn it, people like me

red states rule
09-18-2008, 11:04 AM
you are accusing a VP candidate of attempted first degree murder or battery, kidnapping....

what intellectual giant you must believe you are, i bet you look in the mirror every morning and try to convince yourself...you are smart and gosh darn it, people like me

Libs are posting the same crap on the Daily Kos and Dem Underground. It shows the level of desperation that is gripping the Dem party

midcan5
09-19-2008, 07:01 PM

ROTFLMAO - Thanks Red States but now I'm red and aint that what you call yourself. LOL

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

midcan5
09-19-2008, 07:04 PM

You do seem a little insecure in that area.

LMAO

America for Dummies: A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to further marginalize science and progress in America by supporting creationism (religion) as science.

Yurt
09-19-2008, 07:15 PM
You do seem a little insecure in that area.

LMAO

America for Dummies: A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to further marginalize science and progress in America by supporting creationism (religion) as science.

you wussy, can't answer the post can you...

thought so

a vote for obama is a vote for hugo chavez

red states rule
09-19-2008, 07:20 PM
ROTFLMAO - Thanks Red States but now I'm red and aint that what you call yourself. LOL

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Congrats!

You are becoming more and more "red".

No problem, you have earned every bit of it :laugh2: