PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan troops ordered to open fire on US raiders

retiredman
09-16-2008, 10:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/20080916/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan

yet another example of the fine allies that have been made and cultivated under the enlightened Bush regime.

Yurt
09-16-2008, 10:48 PM
obama would invade pakistan

and you think just because obama is in office... pakistan would just allow it because the messiah has spoken?

but i guess the question is irrelevant as obama will never be in office :cool:

theHawk
09-16-2008, 11:40 PM

yet another example of the fine allies that have been made and cultivated under the enlightened Bush regime.

Tell us MFM, what was Bush supposed to do, prevent the people of Pakistan from choosing their own leaders? If the people hate us, then they should elect leaders that hate us. They now have a leader that hates Bush and the US troops, sound familiar?

At least now we can treat their people and government as one and the same.:boom2::ali:

AFbombloader
09-17-2008, 12:07 AM

Pakistan and the Us have been allies since the 50's.

http://www.fas.org/man/crs/IB94041.pdf

The long and checkered Pakistan-U.S. relationship has its roots in the Cold War and
South Asia regional politics of the 1950s. U.S. concerns about Soviet expansionism and
Pakistan’s desire for security assistance against a perceived threat from India prompted the
two countries to negotiate a mutual defense assistance agreement in 1954. By 1955, Pakistan
had further aligned itself with the West by joining two regional defense pacts, the South East
Asia Treaty Organization and the Central Treaty Organization. As a result of these alliances,
Islamabad received nearly $2 billion in U.S. assistance from 1953 to 1961, including $508
million in military aid.

retiredman
09-17-2008, 06:07 AM
obama would invade pakistan

and you think just because obama is in office... pakistan would just allow it because the messiah has spoken?

but i guess the question is irrelevant as obama will never be in office :cool:

people on here were greatly critical of Obama's focus on Afghanistan/Pakistan and his statements MONTHS ago that he would unilaterally strike targets in Pakistan if he had good, actionable intelligence regarding the location of AQ leadership. The Bush administration has now done EXACTLY that and there has not been one peep of faux outrage from those very same people. I wonder why?

Yurt
09-17-2008, 11:47 AM
people on here were greatly critical of Obama's focus on Afghanistan/Pakistan and his statements MONTHS ago that he would unilaterally strike targets in Pakistan if he had good, actionable intelligence regarding the location of AQ leadership. The Bush administration has now done EXACTLY that and there has not been one peep of faux outrage from those very same people. I wonder why?

i don't speak for them... i wonder where you rage was when obama voted for FISA...

further, obama's remarks ticked pakistan off, while bush had been conducting operations in secrecy, obama told the world that he does not care about borders or diplomacy, he will invade pakistan. IMHO, i think it was obama's public statement that has set pakistan to also retort in like public manner. i am not surprised you deem obama innocent in this matter.

darin
09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
The fact you call them 'Raiders' shows you're anti-american.

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 12:07 PM

Well, that is what the AP article called them. Did you want him to change the title of the article?

Immie

Yurt
09-17-2008, 12:07 PM

i don't he did, that is the title of the article. i think he just copied the title.

manu1959
09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
cool........just like laos........

red states rule
09-17-2008, 12:12 PM

Barry has a plan to carry out the invasion of Palistan

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08022007/photos/obama.jpg

red states rule
09-17-2008, 12:15 PM
i don't he did, that is the title of the article. i think he just copied the title.

So to MFM our troops are not only infidels - but raiders as well?

darin
09-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Well, that is what the AP article called them. Did you want him to change the title of the article?

Immie

Absolutely. An american worth his salt wouldn't use the BS AP line. ESPECIALLY one claiming such authority in Military experience and spiritual leadership. His anti-american thoughts are betrayed- shown to the board by the words HE chooses.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Absolutely. An american worth his salt wouldn't use the BS AP line. ESPECIALLY one claiming such authority in Military experience and spiritual leadership. His anti-american thoughts are betrayed- shown to the board by the words HE chooses.

We are talking about MFM - why are you surprised? MFM has shown his "support" for the troops many times and this is no different

http://images.cafepress.com/nocache/product/243695422v2147483647_350x350_Front.jpg

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 12:42 PM

I doubt he chose those words. But, I suppose he could have changed the title of his thread, but then, I imagine it was used to get our attentions.

Effect, man, effect!!

Draw their attention that is what advertising is all about.

My wife and I were watching tv the other day and she said something about a commercial we saw (for Mazda) (it had something to do with a colleseum as in Rome. She said, "I don't understand what that commercial is trying to say". Well, I have to admit to not really paying attention to it, but when it came on a little while later, I watched it and until the very end I was thinking "what the heck is it even advertising". Honestly, if she hadn't of mentioned it, from my point of view the ad was a complete waste of time and money because it doesn't draw your attention or identify the product.

Point is that the title was used for effect by the author and most likely by MFM as well.

Got your attention didn't it? ;)

Immie

PostmodernProphet
09-17-2008, 12:45 PM

perhaps because Obama was foolish enough to make public comment on what ought to be covert activities.....he embarrassed one of the few people in Pakistan that ever DID try to help our interests.....

red states rule
09-17-2008, 12:46 PM
perhaps because Obama was foolish enough to make public comment on what ought to be covert activities.....he embarrassed one of the few people in Pakistan that ever DID try to help our interests.....

Perhaps Obama did not want any covert operations to be successful

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Perhaps Obama did not want any covert operations to be successful

How dare you question Obama's patriotism? :laugh2:

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 12:53 PM

Immie

As with MFM, how can I question an attribute he does not have?

Like MFM, Obama is loyal to only one entity - the Democrat party

retiredman
09-17-2008, 01:23 PM

Immie

he questions everyone's patriotism who isn't drunk on Bush koolaid.

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 01:26 PM

Are you saying I am drunk on Bush kool-aid?

If I wasn't such a nice guy, I'd give you a :f#: :laugh2:

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 01:26 PM

No, only libs like you, who have tossed their country under the bus for political reasons

red states rule
09-17-2008, 01:27 PM

Immie

You are a nice guy Immie

On the other hand, those words are part of MFM's standard vocabulary

retiredman
09-17-2008, 01:30 PM

Immie

you are an anomaly... and always have been. Generally speaking, RSR has nothing but personal insults for anyone who doesn't think that the invasion of Iraq was the single greatest diplomatic decision ever made by an American president. I finally got tired of the "broken record" nature of it all and put him on ignore.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 01:32 PM
you are an anomaly... and always have been. Generally speaking, RSR has nothing but personal insults for anyone who doesn't think that the invasion of Iraq was the single greatest diplomatic decision ever made by an American president. I finally got tired of the "broken record" nature of it all and put him on ignore.

Hope you have your box of Kleenex by the keyboard within easy reach

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 01:32 PM

Yet, I know you are going to continue to forgive him for his faults as you have forgiven me for mine.

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Yet, I know you are going to continue to forgive him for his faults as you have forgiven me for mine.

Immie

What are you on today Immie? :laugh2:

retiredman
09-17-2008, 01:35 PM

Immie

I have forgiven you...I have forgiven yurt... I have forgiven a lot of people. As I said in my sermon that I posted for your reading pleasure in the thread about the reading from Matthew about forgiveness, I will readily admit that I have not gotten around to forgiving everyone that I need to forgive. RSR is one of those. Only because his insults are more egregious than most others. I am working on it, however.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 01:37 PM
I have forgiven you...I have forgiven yurt... I have forgiven a lot of people. As I said in my sermon that I posted for your reading pleasure in the thread about the reading from Matthew about forgiveness, I will readily admit that I have not gotten around to forgiving everyone that I need to forgive. RSR is one of those. Only because his insults are more egregious than most others. I am working on it, however.

What a liar and a fraud you are

You are DP's Minister of Hate

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 01:37 PM
What are you on today Immie? :laugh2:

Today?

Life... love... sex.. freedom... happiness... eek!!!! I'm turning into a '60's liberal!!!! Someone get me something for this please! :laugh2:

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Today?

Life... love... sex.. freedom... happiness... eek!!!! I'm turning into a '60's liberal!!!! Someone get me something for this please! :laugh2:

Immie

Ok. I will put you in a straightjacket and place you in a padded room

Or show you your tax bill if Obama is elected - that will work better

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Then I will continue to pray for you, my friend.

By the way, you never answered my question (unless I missed your answer) in that thread.

I said something like, I would have to ask a pastor friend of mine if not forgiving is the unpardonable sin. I never got an answer. :)

Uh Oh, I know I am going to catch hell from some of the anti-MFM people about insinuating that you are a pastor... maybe even a friend. I pray they will forgive me.

Immie

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Ok. I will put you in a straightjacket and place you in a padded room

Or show you your tax bill if Obama is elected - that will work better

Are you trying to give me a coronary?

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Are you trying to give me a coronary?

Immie

Why worry? We do not have Obamacare - yet :laugh2:

retiredman
09-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Then I will continue to pray for you, my friend.

By the way, you never answered my question (unless I missed your answer) in that thread.

I said something like, I would have to ask a pastor friend of mine if not forgiving is the unpardonable sin. I never got an answer. :)

Uh Oh, I know I am going to catch hell from some of the anti-MFM people about insinuating that you are a pastor... maybe even a friend. I pray they will forgive me.

Immie

the way I read that parable from Matthew, if we don't forgive, God will send us to Hell. Jesus seems pretty unequivocal about it.

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Why worry? We do not have Obamacare - yet :laugh2:

Yeah? But by the time you can show me my tax bill we might! :laugh2:

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah? But by the time you can show me my tax bill we might! :laugh2:

Immie

Or you can flee to Mexico with Rev MFM

He thinks Mexico is better the the US

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 02:00 PM
the way I read that parable from Matthew, if we don't forgive, God will send us to Hell. Jesus seems pretty unequivocal about it.

I agree, but he also seems pretty unequivocal about there only being one unpardonable sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Are you saying Jesus didn't die for all of my sins and that if there is one person out that there I forget to forgive or that pisses me off, causing a coronary and I die not having forgiven that person, I'm doomed to Hell for eternity?

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree, but he also seems pretty unequivocal about there only being one unpardonable sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Are you saying Jesus didn't die for all of my sins and that if there is one person out that there I forget to forgive or that pisses me off, causing a coronary and I die not having forgiven that person, I'm doomed to Hell for eternity?

Immie

Immie, MFM is as much a preacher, then I am a covert CIA agent

Yurt
09-17-2008, 02:05 PM
i don't speak for them... i wonder where you rage was when obama voted for FISA...

further, obama's remarks ticked pakistan off, while bush had been conducting operations in secrecy, obama told the world that he does not care about borders or diplomacy, he will invade pakistan. IMHO, i think it was obama's public statement that has set pakistan to also retort in like public manner. i am not surprised you deem obama innocent in this matter.

retiredman
09-17-2008, 02:06 PM

Immie

how would YOU interpret this?

"And in anger his lord handed him over to be tortured until he would pay his entire debt. So my heavenly Father will also do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

Monkeybone
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM

"And in anger his lord handed him over to be tortured until he would pay his entire debt. So my heavenly Father will also do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

you could take that as not holding a grudge as well. even if i forget to say "i forgive you", but basically drop it and forget about and not harbor ill feelings.

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Immie, MFM is as much a preacher, then I am a covert CIA agent

Well, he never claimed to be an ordained minister.

He said he was filling in for his church while they search for a pastor. I, personally, have a problem with that based on my faith's teachings, but I know that some churches don't require pastoral training in order to preach. Therefore, if his church has decided to call him to preach temporarily, then he is a preacher.

I used to know a redneck here in Tampa that I swear couldn't read "One fish, Two Fish" by Dr. Suess let alone preach the Word of God, yet one day his daughter was visiting and she told me that her dad was preaching at a Baptist Church. Well, after I picked myself up off the floor... But anyway, it was true he was preaching.

I've said it before that his language mystifies me as do some of his actions, but if God has chosen to put him where he is today, who am I to argue with God? Then again, if God has chosen to allow him to masquerade (not saying you are MFM) as a preacher for now... who am I to argue with God?

God will take care of the situation in his own time.

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Well, he never claimed to be an ordained minister.

He said he was filling in for his church while they search for a pastor. I, personally, have a problem with that based on my faith's teachings, but I know that some churches don't require pastoral training in order to preach. Therefore, if his church has decided to call him to preach temporarily, then he is a preacher.

I used to know a redneck here in Tampa that I swear couldn't read "One fish, Two Fish" by Dr. Suess let alone preach the Word of God, yet one day his daughter was visiting and she told me that her dad was preaching at a Baptist Church. Well, after I picked myself up off the floor... But anyway, it was true he was preaching.

I've said it before that his language mystifies me as do some of his actions, but if God has chosen to put him where he is today, who am I to argue with God? Then again, if God has chosen to allow him to masquerade (not saying you are MFM) as a preacher for now... who am I to argue with God?

God will take care of the situation in his own time.

Immie

Immie, MFm is nothing but a white version of Rev Wright. After what he posts here, and then posts how he gives "sermons" is a joke

He is nothing more then a two faced hypocrite. It like Al Gore preaching energy conservation from his private jet

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 02:17 PM

Well, first of all, Hell is eternal. The verse states "until his debt is paid". I suppose if I were a good Catholic, I'd chime in and say, "see there... right there... is proof of purgatory!" and I might even be jumping up and down like a Pentecostal Christian.

I guess next I might say something like there are many sins listed in the Bible that condemn us to Hell. Why is this particular one any different than the others and if it is not then what hope do I have?

Immie

Yurt
09-17-2008, 02:20 PM

:cool:

red states rule
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Yurt, does MFM still have you on "ignore"?

How can he see your questions? :laugh2:

Yurt
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
no, he doesn't

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 02:23 PM
He is nothing more then a two faced hypocrite.

We are all sinners and even if MFM denies it, he is still a sinner.

By the way, ministers are not supposed to be perfect.

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 02:26 PM
no, he doesn't

I know. The same goes for me

He is ducking your direct question, but let me try to answer for him. He will spin how Obama voted for FISA out of the spirit of "compromise". He did not flip flop or lie, despite his promise to lead a fillibuster, and did not vote yes on FISA for political reasons

Does that sound like a typical MFM answer?

retiredman
09-17-2008, 02:31 PM
We are all sinners and even if MFM denies it, he is still a sinner.

By the way, ministers are not supposed to be perfect.

Immie

I have never denied being a sinner...and I have never denied that I still have some forgiving left to do in my life. I am far from perfect and never claimed otherwise.

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I have never denied being a sinner...and I have never denied that I still have some forgiving left to do in my life. I am far from perfect and never claimed otherwise.

I know that and I apologize. I didn't mean it to sound like you had.

Immie

red states rule
09-17-2008, 02:34 PM

No, but you have claimed how superior you are to the rest of us. Your condescending and obnoxious attitude is all we need to know about your preacher man

Yurt
09-17-2008, 02:54 PM

i'm SORRY this keeps being ignored :laugh2: but hey, in the spirit of this thread, i FORGIVE you...good lord

Immanuel
09-17-2008, 02:55 PM

Post ignored! :laugh2:

Immie

Yurt
09-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Post ignored! :laugh2:

Immie

you're forgiven

retiredman
09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
i'm SORRY this keeps being ignored :laugh2: but hey, in the spirit of this thread, i FORGIVE you...good lord

NO candidate will ever vote the way I would like him to...unless I am that candidate. Obama's FISA vote was his political decision. I disagreed with him, but I disagree with lots of democrats on lots of individual issues. That sure as hell wouldn't ever make me even CONSIDER being a :puke: REPUBLICAN!

Regarding Pakistan. Obama is a candidate for President. He's got to tell the American people what he intends to do. Like I said... you all BLASTED him for even suggesting that he would take unilateral action inside Pakistan and then your own BOY does the exact same thing and -amazingly enough - he is the "great" president in your eyes that he has always been.:laugh2:

and your post did not quote me...I really don't take the time to read every one of your posts - I'm sorry, but I don't - so I was initially unaware that it was aimed at me... it was only after you reposted a few times that I looked at it in its entirely and figured out that you were looking to me for a response. this post is that response. sorry it's not as prompt as you would have liked.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 05:19 PM
NO candidate will ever vote the way I would like him to...unless I am that candidate. Obama's FISA vote was his political decision. I disagreed with him, but I disagree with lots of democrats on lots of individual issues. That sure as hell wouldn't ever make me even CONSIDER being a :puke: REPUBLICAN!

Regarding Pakistan. Obama is a candidate for President. He's got to tell the American people what he intends to do. Like I said... you all BLASTED him for even suggesting that he would take unilateral action inside Pakistan and then your own BOY does the exact same thing and -amazingly enough - he is the "great" president in your eyes that he has always been.:laugh2:

and your post did not quote me...I really don't take the time to read every one of your posts - I'm sorry, but I don't - so I was initially unaware that it was aimed at me... it was only after you reposted a few times that I looked at it in its entirely and figured out that you were looking to me for a response. this post is that response. sorry it's not as prompt as you would have liked.

So no matter what a candidate says, does, votes for, or stands for - as long as there is a "D" at the end of their name - you will vote for them

and you call others political hacks :laugh2:

manu1959
09-17-2008, 05:22 PM
looks like the pakis are poor shots.............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7621616.stm

'US drone' kills five in Pakistan

At least five people have been killed in a suspected missile attack by a US drone on a village in north-west Pakistan, local officials say.

Yurt
09-17-2008, 06:30 PM

no worries, figured it got lost amongst immie's moralism :laugh2:.

as to "you ALL". i do not recall bashing obama for it, in fact, if anything, it was one of the very few things i agreed with him on and honestly could not figure out his stance on pakistan coupled with his stance on iraq. but i know we conseratives all look alike to you :poke:

retiredman
09-17-2008, 07:42 PM
no worries, figured it got lost amongst immie's moralism :laugh2:.

as to "you ALL". i do not recall bashing obama for it, in fact, if anything, it was one of the very few things i agreed with him on and honestly could not figure out his stance on pakistan coupled with his stance on iraq. but i know we conseratives all look alike to you :poke: his stance on pakistan is completely squared with his stance on Iraq. He is determined to attack the islamic extremists who attacked us and not continue to occupy a country we invaded and attacked that had nothing to do with the attack on us and which has diverted precious resources away from the real fight against the real enemy. Iraq is a mess...it will NEVER be a multi-ethnic peaceful democracy....it will, inevitably turn out to be an ally and associate of Iran and that is all the fault of the Bush administration's terrible foreign policy decisions.

As to you all looking alike... you don't all look exactly alike, but enough alike to turn my stomach in a uniform fashion. I find y'all's continued support for the policies of Bush to be abhorrent and borderline treasonous. I really do.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 07:45 PM
his stance on pakistan is completely squared with his stance on Iraq. He is determined to attack the islamic extremists who attacked us and not continue to occupy a country we invaded and attacked that had nothing to do with the attack on us and which has diverted precious resources away from the real fight against the real enemy. Iraq is a mess...it will NEVER be a multi-ethnic peaceful democracy....it will, inevitably turn out to be an ally and associate of Iran and that is all the fault of the Bush administration's terrible foreign policy decisions.

As to you all looking alike... you don't all look exactly alike, but enough alike to turn my stomach in a uniform fashion. I find y'all's continued support for the policies of Bush to be abhorrent and borderline treasonous. I really do.

Keep hoping for doom and gloom in Iraq MFM. Keep showing your support for the troops, and how you Dems will stand up to terrorists

Here is the bumper sticker I got for my car. Hope you like it

http://logo.cafepress.com/nocache/7/3363957.jpg

manu1959
09-17-2008, 08:12 PM
his stance on pakistan is completely squared with his stance on Iraq. He is determined to attack the islamic extremists who attacked us and not continue to occupy a country we invaded and attacked that had nothing to do with the attack on us and which has diverted precious resources away from the real fight against the real enemy. Iraq is a mess...it will NEVER be a multi-ethnic peaceful democracy....it will, inevitably turn out to be an ally and associate of Iran and that is all the fault of the Bush administration's terrible foreign policy decisions.

psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which one attributes one’s own unacceptable or unwanted thoughts or/and emotions onto others.....

retiredman
09-17-2008, 08:17 PM
psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which one attributes one’s own unacceptable or unwanted thoughts or/and emotions onto others.....

psycho babble.

do ya have anything else?:laugh2:

manu1959
09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
psycho babble.

do ya have anything else?:laugh2:

you claim to be smarter than all of us yet you seem not to be introspective enough to see yourself as you are......

retiredman
09-17-2008, 08:26 PM
you claim to be smarter than all of us yet you seem not to be introspective enough to see yourself as you are......

I have NEVER claimed to be smarter than all of you and I honestly believe that George Bush has so damaged our country that those who continue to bury their noses up his ass are borderline traitors. That has NOTHING to do with me at all.

YOU really should not try to psychoanalyze anyone from posts on an internet message board, Doc.:laugh2:

red states rule
09-17-2008, 08:28 PM

Why would he want to do that?

Unless he has an overwhelming need to puke his guts out :laugh2:

red states rule
09-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I have NEVER claimed to be smarter than all of you and I honestly believe that George Bush has so damaged our country that those who continue to bury their noses up his ass are borderline traitors. That has NOTHING to do with me at all.

YOU really should not try to psychoanalyze anyone from posts on an internet message board, Doc.:laugh2:

As I said before, you are the boards minister of hate

Yurt
09-17-2008, 10:19 PM
=manfrommaine;298143]his stance on pakistan is completely squared with his stance on Iraq. He is determined to attack the islamic extremists who attacked us and not continue to occupy a country we invaded and attacked that had nothing to do with the attack on us and which has diverted precious resources away from the real fight against the real enemy. Iraq is a mess...it will NEVER be a multi-ethnic peaceful democracy....it will, inevitably turn out to be an ally and associate of Iran and that is all the fault of the Bush administration's terrible foreign policy decisions.

that is your opinion but not fact.

you are so predictable and unoriginal that wikipedia already has an entry made up just for people like you....

At times, the term "traitor" has been levelled as a political epithet, regardless of any verifiable treasonable action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason

retiredman
09-21-2008, 04:20 PM
you are so predictable and unoriginal that wikipedia already has an entry made up just for people like you....

At times, the term "traitor" has been levelled as a political epithet, regardless of any verifiable treasonable action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason

physician, heal thyself

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=297588&postcount=6

Yurt
09-21-2008, 04:53 PM
physician, heal thyself

the problem with your link is that i actually had treasonable "action" to base my statement on. your comment was mere opinion with not one fact to substantiate it.

:dance:

retiredman
09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
the problem with your link is that i actually had treasonable "action" to base my statement on. your comment was mere opinion with not one fact to substantiate it.

treasonable?

If anyone really thought that Obama had committed treason, why, pray tell, has the Bush administration not charged him with it?

and what "treasonable action" has Obama ever done?

Yurt
09-21-2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=298653#post298653

it is discussed more in that thread, you were gone i believe

retiredman
09-22-2008, 06:13 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=298653#post298653

it is discussed more in that thread, you were gone i believe

playing loose with the definition of treason.

Even if Obama WERE guilty of a violation of the Logan Act, that is NOT "treason", is it?

:lol:

trobinett
09-22-2008, 05:39 PM

Even if Obama WERE guilty of a violation of the Logan Act, that is NOT "treason", is it?

NO, your right, you broke dick fuck tard.

What Obama IS doing is just plain fucking stupid, kinda like YOU, no wonder you step up to defend his sorry ass at EVERY opportunity.

It only takes a reasonable man to define what is treasonable, and what isn't. Obama ISN'T a traitor, he is only a puppet of the broke dick, lame ass, misguided, ill informed left.

retiredman
09-22-2008, 07:14 PM

::crickets chirping::

Kathianne
09-22-2008, 07:19 PM
::crickets chirping::

For certain a term to easily bandied about, which is why the framer's decided to define it within the Constitution. Not an easy charge, for a reason.

retiredman
09-22-2008, 07:36 PM
For certain a term to easily bandied about, which is why the framer's decided to define it within the Constitution. Not an easy charge, for a reason.The Logan Act itself does not call violations of that act treason. Yurt wants to claim that I overuse that word, I am certainly entitled to demonstrate how that is a hypocritical accusation on his part... or are you so blinded by partisan loyalty that you can't see that, "teach"?

Kathianne
09-22-2008, 07:42 PM
The Logan Act itself does not call violations of that act treason. Yurt wants to claim that I overuse that word, I am certainly entitled to demonstrate how that is a hypocritical accusation on his part... or are you so blinded by partisan loyalty that you can't see that, "teach"?

Gee, I was speaking to your response. :lol:

retiredman
09-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Gee, I was speaking to your response.

I guess I missed it when you spoke to THIS one

Kathianne
09-22-2008, 07:53 PM

I guess I missed it when you spoke to THIS one

Wrong, that is what I was referring to, read what I quoted. Sheesh. You are not usually this dense, defensive much?

retiredman
09-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Wrong, that is what I was referring to, read what I quoted. Sheesh. You are not usually this dense, defensive much?

you quoted ":crickets chirping:".

I left my tea leaves downstairs...

and yurt continues to avoid it.:lol:

Kathianne
09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
you quoted ":crickets chirping:".

I left my tea leaves downstairs

One more time, I was responding to YOUR QUOTE, which was that others were not responding. Duh! I was agreeing with you, treason, traitors, treasonous, are thrown around too often. The meaning and the standards are in the Constitution for a reason.

Remind me not to agree with you on a school night again. :cheers2:

retiredman
09-22-2008, 08:02 PM
One more time, I was responding to YOUR QUOTE, which was that others were not responding. Duh! I was agreeing with you, treason, traitors, treasonous, are thrown around too often. The meaning and the standards are in the Constitution for a reason.

Remind me not to agree with you on a school night again. :cheers2:

thank you for agreeing with me...I hope you mention it to yurt when he stops by. HE was the one who accused ME of overusing it and I merely pointed out that he had done exactly the same thing.

Kathianne
09-22-2008, 08:06 PM
thank you for agreeing with me...I hope you mention it to yurt when he stops by. HE was the one who accused ME of overusing it and I merely pointed out that he had done exactly the same thing.

Gee, why do you insist on telling anyone who posts anything that might be agreeable in whole or part with you to do 'more?' Then you have the f'ing gaul to call out them for not doing what you tell. There are more than a few reasons you are held in such low esteem, none of which have to do with your being a Democrat or a liberal. In fact, over and over again many people agree that you are intelligent and contribute to the discourse on the board, but even more agree that you are an ahole. Sorry to be so blunt, but the reasons are contained once again throughout this thread.

retiredman
09-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Gee, why do you insist on telling anyone who posts anything that might be agreeable in whole or part with you to do 'more?' Then you have the f'ing gaul to call out them for not doing what you tell. There are more than a few reasons you are held in such low esteem, none of which have to do with your being a Democrat or a liberal. In fact, over and over again many people agree that you are intelligent and contribute to the discourse on the board, but even more agree that you are an ahole. Sorry to be so blunt, but the reasons are contained once again throughout this thread.

I am not calling you out Kathianne... I am sorry that you find me disagreeable.

Yurt
09-22-2008, 09:52 PM
i posit that obama gave aid and comfort to the enemy in iraq by declaring essentially that nothing further should be done with president bush as he is on his way out...lame duck....what not...essentially obama has levelled that iraq, who is fighting the enemy, do nothing with the united states until a new president comes into office. i imagine the comfort this gives our enemies and aids them in their fight against us.

i highly doubt the charge would stick as there has been only a few dozen or so cases ever brought and fewer convictions.

you charge that those who support bush are borderline treasonous was SOLELY a political statement with nothing remotely akin to the definition of treason under the US const. thus, my point stands.

red states rule
09-23-2008, 07:01 AM

:clap::clap::clap:

Like Pres Bush learned, you can't reason with Democrats who allow their hate to run wild

retiredman
09-23-2008, 07:29 AM
i posit that obama gave aid and comfort to the enemy in iraq by declaring essentially that nothing further should be done with president bush as he is on his way out...lame duck....what not...essentially obama has levelled that iraq, who is fighting the enemy, do nothing with the united states until a new president comes into office. i imagine the comfort this gives our enemies and aids them in their fight against us.

i highly doubt the charge would stick as there has been only a few dozen or so cases ever brought and fewer convictions.

you charge that those who support bush are borderline treasonous was SOLELY a political statement with nothing remotely akin to the definition of treason under the US const. thus, my point stands.
What, then, does the Logan Act have to do with anything? and by the way...how many citizens have been convicted of violating the Logan Act since its enactment in 1799? Do you know?

red states rule
09-23-2008, 07:31 AM
What, then, does the Logan Act have to do with anything? and by the way...how many citizens have been convicted of violating the Logan Act since its enactment in 1799? Do you know?

The Logan Act is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. It was passed in 1799 and last amended in 1994. Violation of the Logan Act is a felony, punishable under federal law with imprisonment of up to three years.

The text of the Act is broad and is addressed at any attempt of a US citizen to conduct foreign relations without authority. However, there is no record of any convictions or even prosecutions under the Logan Act.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Act

Yurt
09-23-2008, 09:18 AM

throwing it all up on the wall, prosecutors do it all the time. for one offense you can be convicted of violationg multiple laws. i believe less than 5. so what, if you bothered to read the link i gave you said i doubt he would be charged with violating the act. doesn't mean he did not violate though.

retiredman
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
throwing it all up on the wall, prosecutors do it all the time. for one offense you can be convicted of violationg multiple laws. i believe less than 5. so what, if you bothered to read the link i gave you said i doubt he would be charged with violating the act. doesn't mean he did not violate though.

and violating the Logan Act doesn't have a fucking thing to do with TREASON. I'd have thought you would have KNOWN that.

red states rule
09-23-2008, 12:14 PM
and violating the Logan Act doesn't have a fucking thing to do with TREASON. I'd have thought you would have KNOWN that.

It does show Obama does not give a damn about the troops. Trying to delay any troop withdrawls until after the election, so he can try and take crdiet is pretty low

But not low enough for your messiah

Like you, he uses them as political pawns and how to use them for political gain

Yurt
09-23-2008, 12:29 PM

i never said they were the same :poke:

retiredman
09-23-2008, 12:31 PM
i never said they were the same :poke:

you ARE the one who ragged on me for misusing the word TREASON when you, yourself had done exactly the same thing. fact.

red states rule
09-23-2008, 12:33 PM
you ARE the one who ragged on me for misusing the word TREASON when you, yourself had done exactly the same thing. fact.

Want some cheese with that whine MFM? :laugh2:

Yurt
09-23-2008, 12:34 PM

good lord dude, learn to read and follow along....

feeling well today?

red states rule
09-23-2008, 12:39 PM

feeling well today?

To much of the Obama Kool Aid can cause some problems

http://www.funatiq.com/images/drunk-man.jpg

retiredman
09-23-2008, 02:38 PM

feeling well today?

I did. I went back a few days and found a post wherein you did exactly what you ragged on me about. that makes you a hypocrite in my book.

Or did you forget that you stated that Obama should be tried for treason?

I am feeling wonderful, by the way... it is mid 60's, sunny, breezy... got my sermon half written for Sunday already. If I was any better, I'd have to be bigger.

Yurt
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM

i answered you already, perhaps you missed this, unlikely as you responded to it re logan act, you may have not read it closely

retiredman
09-23-2008, 03:31 PM
i answered you already, perhaps you missed this, unlikely as you responded to it re logan act, you may have not read it closely

your silly opinion is not based in any reality. Our real enemy in the war on islamic extremism is not chomping at the bit to get us out of Iraq... they would LOVE us to continue occupying an oil rich arab country against the will of the majority of the people living there for years and years. McCain is, in fact, giving aid and comfort to our real enemy by telling them he plans on staying in Iraq indefinitely. They LOVE that. That suits their purposes just fine. Bush played right into their hands and now McCain wants to continue to idiocy. brilliant.

Yurt
09-23-2008, 06:58 PM
your silly opinion is not based in any reality. Our real enemy in the war on islamic extremism is not chomping at the bit to get us out of Iraq... they would LOVE us to continue occupying an oil rich arab country against the will of the majority of the people living there for years and years. McCain is, in fact, giving aid and comfort to our real enemy by telling them he plans on staying in Iraq indefinitely. They LOVE that. That suits their purposes just fine. Bush played right into their hands and now McCain wants to continue to idiocy. brilliant.

you are entitled to YOUR opinion. in case you haven't noticed our being in iraq and afganistan has not really turned the tide for the jihadists. you might want to read up on the facts on the ground and see that iraqis are tired of AQ and are in fact fighting against them.

and as i said before, by obama essentially telling the enemy that bush is powerless, he is comforting them and giving them aid.

retiredman
09-23-2008, 09:13 PM
you are entitled to YOUR opinion. in case you haven't noticed our being in iraq and afganistan has not really turned the tide for the jihadists. you might want to read up on the facts on the ground and see that iraqis are tired of AQ and are in fact fighting against them.

and as i said before, by obama essentially telling the enemy that bush is powerless, he is comforting them and giving them aid.

I am well aware that the Iraqis have turned against AQ...that is nowhere near as significant to them as to keep the greater arab/islamic world angry/distrustful towards American the invading, conquering occupiers...
The arab street is much more strongly anti-American now than it was in 2003 and our invasion of Iraq - and our continued unconditional support for everything and anything that Israel does - is the cause of that.

and your opinion about the impact of Obama's discussions is one that, if widely held by real legal experts in the administration, ought to lead to Obama's being charged with treason, or are you willing to admit it is merely partisan rhetoric on your part?

great article, by the way:

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/brmiddleeastnafricara/517.php?lb=brme&pnt=517&nid=&id=

red states rule
09-23-2008, 09:15 PM
I am well aware that the Iraqis have turned against AQ...that is nowhere near as significant to them as to keep the greater arab/islamic world angry/distrustful towards American the invading, conquering occupiers...
The arab street is much more strongly anti-American now than it was in 2003 and our invasion of Iraq - and our continued unconditional support for everything and anything that Israel does - is the cause of that.

Those damn Jews. The nerve of them to be still breathing after the Arabs have done everything to wipe them out

Yurt
09-23-2008, 09:54 PM
i was just in iraq and talked with 20 iraqis, they said you are wrong mfm...sorry, i can't accept your internet "knowledge"

retiredman
09-23-2008, 10:06 PM
i was just in iraq and talked with 20 iraqis, they said you are wrong mfm

Is that a true statement or is it not?

Yurt
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Is that a true statement or is it not?

tongue in cheek

retiredman
09-23-2008, 10:49 PM
tongue in cheek

so the answer is "No, it is not a true statement".

that's all I asked.

falsehoods that are feeble attempts at humor are still falsehoods.

Yurt
09-23-2008, 10:49 PM
so the answer is "No, it is not a true statement".

that's all I asked.

falsehoods that are feeble attempts at humor are still falsehoods.

http://www.editthiskristen.com/writersprout/uploaded_images/gal_Glasgow_big_snore-772028.jpg

mundame
09-25-2008, 10:03 AM
11 AM 9/25: Fox News

Breaking News >> Pakistan Says Own Troops, Foreign Helicopters Both Opened Fire in Afghan Border Clash

Another mini-battle in this slow-mo U.S./Paki war we seem to be in.

Interesting that no one is paying any attention to it at all.

There ARE 160 million people in Pakistan: it's not a small country like Iraq or Afghanistan.

The Economist is already starting to call it a war, but the American press is not, yet.

So are we at war with Pakistan, or not?

mundame
09-25-2008, 11:44 AM
12:40 P.M.

FOXNEWS.COM HOME (http://www.foxnews.com/index.html) > WORLD (http://www.foxnews.com/world/index.html)
<FORM id=emailFriend action=/cgi-bin/email.cgi method=post _extended="true">Pentagon Says Pakistan Fired on U.S. Aircraft, Expects Explanation </FORM>Thursday, September 25, 2008

We're not....quite.....there yet. Almost.

Is this for the campaign, to win for McCain? Or for Obama?

I figure it'll tip over into open war about the time the bailout is settled, so people can pay attention.

mundame
09-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Today 9/25, Reuters ---

The United States said it was suspending consular services -- such as issuing visas -- in Pakistan because of the worsening security situation, highlighted by a suicide bomb attack on Islamabad's Marriott Hotel that killed 54 people on Saturday. It said the move was unrelated to the helicopter incident.

Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre suspending consular services is "unrelated" to them firing on our helicopters.............

I'm betting this widening of the war into Pakistan will blow up in the news next week when people have attention to spare for it. Presumably the timing is to start a war to support McCain's candidacy. Well, he does need SOME help, though I wonder if a war is likely to help him.

Gaffer
09-25-2008, 08:49 PM
The media is too busy with politics, propping up obamanation and covering the financial crisis to worry about a war getting started. They gave the news of the shooting about 30 seconds worth of coverage today. They kinda mentioned it in between the talking heads changing seats.