PDA

View Full Version : A Question For Obama Supporters

red states rule
09-17-2008, 06:14 AM
I hope the Obamabots who support higher taxes on the "rich" will answer this question

Obama promises to cut taxes on 95% of the taxpayers

How will he do it given the following facts?

40% of workers do NOT pay federal income taxes. The Bush tax cuts dropped millions off the tax rolls

The top 1% pay 40% of the federal income taxes

and the bottom 50% pay only 3% of federal income taxes

The numbers do not add up

The only way I see Obama can claim he did it, is if he gives subsidies (i.e. handouts) to those who do not pay income taxes

Joe Steel
09-17-2008, 06:53 AM
I hope the Obamabots who support higher taxes on the "rich" will answer this question

Obama promises to cut taxes on 95% of the taxpayers

How will he do it given the following facts?

40% of workers do NOT pay federal income taxes. The Bush tax cuts dropped millions off the tax rolls

Without having examined Obama's plan, the answer seems obvious:

Workers who do not pay federal income taxes are not taxpayers. You have to pay taxes to be a taxpayer. Obama is going to reduce taxes for 95% of those who pay taxes.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 06:56 AM

Workers who do not pay federal income taxes are not taxpayers. You have to pay taxes to be a taxpayer. Obama is going to reduce taxes for 95% of those who pay taxes.

How will Obama do that Joe?

The top 1% pay 40% of the taxes

The top 10% pay about 71%

The top 25% pay about 86%

The bottom 50% pay only 3%

The numbers show he can't do it

Like Bill Clinton, Obama is saying he will cut taxes - but I suspect he will raise them if he gets the chance

red states rule
09-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I do not need any Obamabot to answer my question

Obama is going to give tax cuts to people who do not pay taxes

Make Work Pay for All Americans
Expand the Earned Income Tax Credit: Obama and Biden will increase the number of working parents eligible for EITC benefits, increase the benefits available to parents who support their children through child support payments, increase benefits for families with three or more children, and reduce the EITC marriage penalty, which hurts low-income families.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/poverty/

red states rule
09-17-2008, 09:40 AM

Well Joe, based on Obama's website, it seems he is lying about reducing taxes on 95% of the taxpayers

midcan5
09-17-2008, 10:36 AM
This is a typical right wing corporate tool post, there is no question, there are only your silly assumptions. You should go to a mirror and discuss this with yourself as only you find anything insightful in this dumbness.

"This is the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/09-3

red states rule
09-17-2008, 10:38 AM
This is a typical right wing corporate tool post, there is no question, there are only your silly assumptions. You should go to a mirror and discuss this with yourself as only you find anything insightful in this dumbness.

"This is the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/09-3

Then answer the question

Obama says he will cut taxes for 95% of taxpayers

HOW is he going to do it given the numbers on who pays taxes?

crin63
09-17-2008, 10:42 AM
The Bush economy is where Obama made his millions. Either he did it ethically and that shows the Bush economy isn't so bad or he did it unethically and he is a dog.

red states rule
09-17-2008, 10:45 AM
The Bush economy is where Obama made his millions. Either he did it ethically and that shows the Bush economy isn't so bad or he did it unethically and he is a dog.

I bet Hillary loved the Bush tax cuts. Without the cuts, they may not have had the millions they loaned her campaign