PDA

View Full Version : Universal Housing?

MtnBiker
09-17-2008, 05:56 PM
We hear there should be universal healthcare insurance, why not universal housing? Maybe Congress could pass a law that lowers the standards for people to aquire loans they cannot afford to payback but would put them in houses anyway. And in the event that the homeowner cannot pay back the loan Congress could just go ahead and make the payment. Wouldn't that be great!

Now back to universal healthcare.

Kathianne
09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
We hear there should be universal healthcare insurance, why not universal housing? Maybe Congress could pass a law that lowers the standards for people to aquire loans they cannot afford to payback but would but them in houses anyway. And in the event that the homeowner cannot pay back the loan Congress could just go ahead and make the payment. Wouldn't that be great!

In all honesty, I thought I heard such during the DN Convention.

manu1959
09-17-2008, 06:06 PM
We hear there should be universal healthcare insurance, why not universal housing? Maybe Congress could pass a law that lowers the standards for people to aquire loans they cannot afford to payback but would put them in houses anyway. And in the event that the homeowner cannot pay back the loan Congress could just go ahead and make the payment. Wouldn't that be great!

didn't the private sector just try that .....

MtnBiker
09-17-2008, 06:08 PM
didn't the private sector just try that .....

oh yeah, damn!

well that's ok, congress can pay for it

now back to universal healthcare

Mr. P
09-17-2008, 06:10 PM

You have heard of section 8 housing right?

Not a purchase but subsidized rent on the tax payers back.

Kathianne
09-17-2008, 06:12 PM
oh yeah, damn!

I think we'll be paying for it, as Congress has no money, that we don't send in. Whoops, isn't confiscated. ;)

MtnBiker
09-17-2008, 06:16 PM
I think we'll be paying for it, as Congress has no money, that we don't send in. Whoops, isn't confiscated. ;)

No problem, we can tax oil companies and rich guys, Franklin Rains has lots of money, lets soak him.

Kathianne
09-17-2008, 06:17 PM
No problem, we can tax oil companies and rich guys, Franklin Rains has lots of money, lets soak him.

:laugh2: Barack, is that you?

MtnBiker
09-17-2008, 06:18 PM
:laugh2: Barack, is that you?

Oh, busted

darin
09-17-2008, 06:25 PM
universal Ferrari'ing....that's a good plan.

manu1959
09-17-2008, 06:28 PM
oh yeah, damn!

did you hear the quote from harry ried about passing legislation before the end of the year to deal with this financial crisis....

he said.......no legislation wil be passed....as know one knows what to do....

MtnBiker
09-17-2008, 06:30 PM
universal Ferrari'ing....that's a good plan.

Oh yeah, why not, I could use a new ride.

Silver
09-17-2008, 06:31 PM

This sounds like a question that we should put to mfm....

I know we would all value his opinion of it...and it might already be a part of the Dim platform...:clap: