PDA

View Full Version : Gay Babies Biological, Baptist Leader Says

Mr. P
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
:eek: This will rock the bible belt! :laugh2:

NEW YORK -- The president of the leading Southern Baptist seminary has incurred sharp attacks from both the left and right by suggesting that a biological basis for homosexuality may be proven, and that prenatal treatment to reverse gay orientation would be biblically justified.

More.....
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/nationalnews/11254359/detail.html

Hobbit
03-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Giving the problem associated with a homosexual lifestyle, I would have no problem with a safe, tested, prenatal treatment to prevent homosexuality.

It's going to be fun to watch the gay crowd come out and say it's like having a prenatal cure for being black.

Mr. P
03-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Giving the problem associated with a homosexual lifestyle, I would have no problem with a safe, tested, prenatal treatment to prevent homosexuality.

It's going to be fun to watch the gay crowd come out and say it's like having a prenatal cure for being black.

It will be even more fun to watch the ‘it’s a choice’ fundies attack one of their own.

Hobbit
03-15-2007, 11:10 AM
It will be even more fun to watch the ‘it’s a choice’ fundies attack one of their own.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/popcorn.gif

P.S. Can we have this smilie? I found it at a DU discussion where somebody wanted said smilie removed from the pallette because he had braces and couldn't eat popcorn any more.

Mr. P
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/popcorn.gif

P.S. Can we have this smilie? I found it at a DU discussion where somebody wanted said smilie removed from the pallette because he had braces and couldn't eat popcorn any more.

I like that one too.

03-15-2007, 11:52 AM

But it being "natural" wouldn't change the fact that its a choice to engage in homosexual behavior.

The natural man is an enemy to God. That is the whole point of coming to Christ and being born again. So we put off the natural man.

Mr. P
03-15-2007, 12:00 PM
But it being "natural" wouldn't change the fact that its a choice to engage in homosexual behavior.

The natural man is an enemy to God. That is the whole point of coming to Christ and being born again. So we put off the natural man.

You should address The president of the leading Southern Baptist seminary, not me. He's the one gonna turn your world upside down.

Hobbit
03-15-2007, 01:22 PM

I don't think anybody here is arguing that it's not. However, there seems to be a large number of people arguing that it's a choice simply to be attracted to the same sex.

03-15-2007, 02:19 PM
I don't think anybody here is arguing that it's not. However, there seems to be a large number of people arguing that it's a choice simply to be attracted to the same sex.

I am not sure facing any temptation is a choice. But there is always choice in embracing those temptations.

Hobbit
03-15-2007, 04:08 PM
I am not sure facing any temptation is a choice. But there is always choice in embracing those temptations.

Right, but the defining factor in what makes a person homosexual is if they're honestly tempted to have homosexual sex. I'm not gay because I've never had even a passing, fleeting desire to have sex with a man. The very idea repulses me. A person who does feel this desire is homosexual because of the desire, not the decision to act on that desire. It is possible to admit the desire without performing the sin.

Powerman
03-18-2007, 03:15 AM
Right, but the defining factor in what makes a person homosexual is if they're honestly tempted to have homosexual sex. I'm not gay because I've never had even a passing, fleeting desire to have sex with a man. The very idea repulses me. A person who does feel this desire is homosexual because of the desire, not the decision to act on that desire. It is possible to admit the desire without performing the sin.

Finally someone with some sense...

But you have to admit, it is a bit unfair for a bunch of us heterosexuals to say that homos shouldn't act on their sexual desires.

Honestly, if any of you have ever had premarital sex, you're not one ounce more righteous than gay people who act on their sexual desires. You'd be hypocrites to pretend otherwise.

Powerman
03-18-2007, 12:06 PM

True.

And on the flip side of that I'm chomping at the bit, just waiting for the first pro choice gay rights activist to tell women they can't alter the sexual orientation of their child.

If you're pro choice and you won't allow women to make this decision, you're a hypocrite.

Hobbit
03-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Finally someone with some sense...

But you have to admit, it is a bit unfair for a bunch of us heterosexuals to say that homos shouldn't act on their sexual desires.

Honestly, if any of you have ever had premarital sex, you're not one ounce more righteous than gay people who act on their sexual desires. You'd be hypocrites to pretend otherwise.

I'm still a virgin, and while it may not be fair, neither is life. Why did I have to have cancer at the age of 15? Why do some children die of painful diseases before they even reach double-digits? Sometimes, you just have to accept what you've been given and make the best of it. The Bible takes a very strict stance on homosexual behaviour, and there's really no way around that. If you are gay, and you want to try to live a life without sin, you need to get used to the idea of cold showers.

Powerman
03-18-2007, 01:16 PM
But what if you don't believe in the bible?

The bible has been wrong on other things. Who is to say they aren't wrong about homosexuality?

5stringJeff
03-18-2007, 01:20 PM

Honestly, none of us, anywhere on earth, can claim to be more righteous than anyone else. All of us have evil intentions in our hearts, and all of us stand equally guilty before God. That's why Jesus' sacrifice for us is so great - His death atones for all people's sin.

Hobbit
03-18-2007, 02:31 PM
But what if you don't believe in the bible?

The bible has been wrong on other things. Who is to say they aren't wrong about homosexuality?

Where has the Bible been wrong? I don't mean "in your opinion" or taking metaphors literally, either. Where has the Bible actually been proven wrong?

LiberalNation
03-18-2007, 02:50 PM
lol people can't survive being eaten by whales and spit out. There's one. There are plenty.

Hobbit
03-18-2007, 05:33 PM
lol people can't survive being eaten by whales and spit out. There's one. There are plenty.

First off, do you have any factual evidence that it is impossible for a whale to store enough air in its massive mouth to sustain a human being for three days?

Second, that was a one-time miracle. City walls don't just fall over, either, but there's proof that that happened at least once in Jericho.

Third, I think you know what I mean, and declaring random miracles scientifically impossible doesn't cut it.

LiberalNation
03-18-2007, 05:38 PM
lol okay then. DOn't know enough of the bible to give ya what you're looking for, maybe someone else does.

5stringJeff
03-18-2007, 09:12 PM

Not by natural means, no. That's why it's called a miracle.

gabosaurus
03-19-2007, 09:32 AM

Too bad there is not a safe prenatal treatment for being a redneck. They could make it available to every female in Arkansas over the age of 12.

Hobbit
03-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Too bad there is not a safe prenatal treatment for being a redneck. They could make it available to every female in Arkansas over the age of 12.

Off topic, off the mark, and blatantly and intentionally offensive. If you can't participate in the discussion at hand, go the hell away.

5stringJeff
03-19-2007, 01:01 PM

Others would say the same thing about California liberals.

Mr. P
03-19-2007, 01:56 PM

Yeah, and if we got rid of rednecks, there’d be no NASCAR, Country Music, Monster Truck Events, Gun an Knife Shows, Fishing or Hunting. You know, stuff that really contributes to the economy.

Get rid of California liberals on the other hand, what do ya lose but a bunch of fruits & Nuts? :laugh2:

Gunny
03-19-2007, 08:57 PM
I like that one too.

You let shattered see that one and you can kiss that popcorn goodbye.

Gunny
03-19-2007, 08:59 PM

I would be one of those "others."

gabosaurus
03-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, and if we got rid of rednecks, there’d be no NASCAR, Country Music, Monster Truck Events, Gun an Knife Shows, Fishing or Hunting. You know, stuff that really contributes to the economy.

You mean stuff that contributes to the idiocy and general dumbing down of the country as a whole. One doesn't attend NASCAR or Monster Truck Events looking for excessive intelligence.

If you can't participate in the discussion at hand, go the hell away.

Someone needs to take their own advice. When is the last time you had an actual lucid thought?

The effects of Agent Orange at work.

Mr. P
03-19-2007, 10:42 PM

You mean stuff that contributes to the idiocy and general dumbing down of the country as a whole. One doesn't attend NASCAR or Monster Truck Events looking for excessive intelligence.

If you can't participate in the discussion at hand, go the hell away.

Someone needs to take their own advice. When is the last time you had an actual lucid thought?

The effects of Agent Orange at work.

Learn to use the quote button would ya, please?

Then tell us how this is anywhere close to discussion...

Too bad there is not a safe prenatal treatment for being a redneck. They could make it available to every female in Arkansas over the age of 12. IDIOT. You do make me laugh though with every post you make.:laugh2:

gabosaurus
03-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Well, I was exaggerating a tiny bit.
Most Arkie girls don't start having kids until they are 14. :cool:

5stringJeff
03-20-2007, 12:01 PM

Or a Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton rally, for that matter.

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 02:52 PM
excessive intelligence is way over rated.

Abbey Marie
03-20-2007, 03:12 PM

What is 'excessive' intelligence?

IMO, intelligence is one of the few things that isn't overrated. Imagine life without highly intelligent people to invent all those nice things for you, like, say, missile defense systems. And avatars.

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 03:13 PM
screw missle defence systems. they don't work worth crap, avatars tho...

Mr. P
03-20-2007, 03:14 PM
What is 'excessive' intelligence?

IMO, intelligence is one of the few things that isn't overrated. Imagine life without highly intelligent people to invent all those nice things for you, like, say, missile defense systems. And avatars.

Same question. Is it like 'excessive' wealth, each should only have equal amounts?

5stringJeff
03-20-2007, 06:12 PM

Not at all. Do you know how many high IQ societies there are out there?