PDA

View Full Version : if there were no deductions from your paycheck....

manu1959
09-17-2008, 08:19 PM
no state....no federal......no unemloyment......no social security.....

what would you do with all the extra money......

what would the govt do for money?

retiredman
09-17-2008, 08:22 PM
buy guns, ammo, canned food....built a wall or a moat around my home and wait for the inevitably enfolding anarchy... pray

Mr. P
09-17-2008, 09:09 PM

I would enjoy 100% of the fruit of my labor.
The Government would get their money from THE FAIR TAX when I buy something.

Yurt
09-17-2008, 10:29 PM
given many dems are willling to give their 90%, the government would be fine.

i would buy new road bikes, new kayaks, live in a larger pad, invest more money in stocks, land.

mr. p's fair tax is reasonable. i also support certain licensing taxes, such as car taxes every year, cause if i don't want to pay it, i don't have to own a car. the government is too big for its britches and they are only getting bigger. regardless of morals or whatnot on the iraq war, without virtually unlimited money from the citizens the bush administration probably would not have removed saddam.

manu1959
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM
I would enjoy 100% of the fruit of my labor.
The Government would get their money from THE FAIR TAX when I buy something.

so it would be a pay as you go thing.....what would thesales tax be....10% 20%...? how much to fed and how mush to state.....

Mr. P
09-17-2008, 11:12 PM
so it would be a pay as you go thing.....what would thesales tax be....10% 20%...? how much to fed and how mush to state.....

23% to the fed that replaces all individual and corporate income tax. That's 23% from everyone including those who operate on a cash only basis now.

The revenue would exceed what is collected now, and you would only pay tax on what you spend not WHAT YOU EARN. Investment would surge and corps would scramble to be in the U.S.A.

Fairtax.org for all the info. on the plan. Q&A and all that stuff.

manu1959
09-17-2008, 11:15 PM
23% to the fed that replaces all individual and corporate income tax. That's 23% from everyone including those who operate on a cash only basis now.

The revenue would exceed what is collected now, and you would only pay tax on what you spend not WHAT YOU EARN. Investment would surge and corps would scramble to be in the U.S.A.

Fairtax.org for all the info. on the plan. Q&A and all that stuff.

the irs union must be against it.....put a lot of tax accountants and attorneys out of business

Mr. P
09-17-2008, 11:26 PM
the irs union must be against it.....put a lot of tax accountants and attorneys out of business

The IRS hates it, CPA's don't like it, heck they all make a living off the current tax code...they'll all get REAL jobs in a BOOMING economy.

Yurt
09-17-2008, 11:32 PM
i wouldn't say they are not real jobs, they would just get different jobs, but i do not believe the tax will ever pass, it takes away to much power from the government

09-17-2008, 11:46 PM
pay off all my debt and buy a house.

Mr. P
09-17-2008, 11:46 PM
i wouldn't say they are not real jobs, they would just get different jobs, but i do not believe the tax will ever pass, it takes away to much power from the government

Okay on real jobs. Yes, they would just have different jobs.

There is much opposition to this tax method and yes it is due to the lose of power (IMO), however, the momentum for it is building to a significant level. I even hear it mentioned on the MSM every so often.

KitchenKitten99
09-18-2008, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't have to worry about paying for my college education with a high loan amount, probably only half that. And I wouldn't have to do the daycare thing anymore. The taxes taken from my husband's paycheck alone would cover PT daycare for my own kids so I can go to school.

crin63
09-18-2008, 01:01 PM
I would save or invest at least 10% toward retirement.

Keep in mind also that the sales tax is pretty much only on new items from retailers. If you bought used from a private party there would be no tax.

remie
09-18-2008, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=manu1959;298151]no state....no federal......no unemloyment......no social security.....

I would happily be retired:dance:

April15
09-18-2008, 05:35 PM
I would have the same amount I now do and since I do not buy anything but staples, food fuel, there would be no money going to the government and the infrastructure would be left in ruins and there would be no fire dept or police.

Missileman
09-18-2008, 05:44 PM
I would have the same amount I now do and since I do not buy anything but staples, food fuel, there would be no money going to the government and the infrastructure would be left in ruins and there would be no fire dept or police.

You pay no income tax?

April15
09-18-2008, 05:46 PM
You pay no income tax?That is correct. The mortgage interest on my house equals my income.

Missileman
09-18-2008, 05:52 PM
That is correct. The mortgage interest on my house equals my income.

Then I'd have to say that you haven't earned the right to offer any opinion about whether the rest of us continue to donate a portion of our income to pay for your house.

SpidermanTUba
09-18-2008, 07:46 PM

I'd buy guns.

April15
09-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Then I'd have to say that you haven't earned the right to offer any opinion about whether the rest of us continue to donate a portion of our income to pay for your house.You are not donating shit to my house. If you live in a red state you are living off those in the blue states. As for the fair tax it is a lot better sounding than it is.

Mr. P
09-18-2008, 08:12 PM
You are not donating shit to my house. If you live in a red state you are living off those in the blue states. As for the fair tax it is a lot better sounding than it is.

Please elaborate...the negatives will do though, if you can find any.

Missileman
09-18-2008, 08:16 PM
You are not donating shit to my house. If you live in a red state you are living off those in the blue states. As for the fair tax it is a lot better sounding than it is.

I'm not living off anyone...I earn my wages AND pay a healthy amount in taxes each year.

I'm sure the prospect of actually having to pay taxes doesn't sound good to you. Getting the dead beats to pony up and pay their share sounds really good to those of us who actually PAY taxes.

April15
09-18-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm not living off anyone...I earn my wages AND pay a healthy amount in taxes each year.

I'm sure the prospect of actually having to pay taxes doesn't sound good to you. Getting the dead beats to pony up and pay their share sounds really good to those of us who actually PAY taxes.You need a better tax preparer or adviser.

Missileman
09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
You need a better tax preparer or adviser.

We can't all be selfish, non-contributing parasites.

April15
09-18-2008, 08:35 PM
We can't all be selfish, non-contributing parasites.Conservatives have it down to a science.

Kathianne
09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Conservatives have it down to a science.

Ah, so you are a conservative? Perhaps just a deviant, non-patriotic Democrat? Biden says to pay taxes is patriotic.

emmett
09-18-2008, 08:44 PM

You weren't listening my friend. At 23% of every dollar spent and the biggest expenditure eliminated in government, there would be many fold the funds available that there are today for infrastructure.

States could also have a sales tax, cities etc,...The only difference is everyone would pay it based on spending. You would benefit, like you said. You should love the idea.

Libertarians believe in a Fair Tax, it was actually a Libertarian idea platform before John Linder of Georgia actually wrote the clarified version. Ed Clark, a previous candidate for president on the Libertarian ticket many many moons ago and Ron Paul were both advocates. Had we have instituted it when Ron Paul suggested, we would have NO deficit today....it's a statistical fact!

Libertarians have all the best ideas. Everyone knows it! More liberty, less descrimination....freedom of choice......better for everone! ALL AMERICANS....not just one side of the fence. Must be why they don't indulge in smear....just facts!

Problem is.....America is scared! We've been sucking the two tits for so long we are afraid a different one won't work better. It will!

I"LL VOTE LIBERTARIAN so don't fucking blame for the problems!

emmett
09-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Conservatives have it down to a science.

Who pays more taxes.......Liberals or Conservatives?

I bet I know the answer.

KitchenKitten99
09-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Ah, so you are a conservative? Perhaps just a deviant, non-patriotic Democrat? Biden says to pay taxes is patriotic.

Maybe "April15" is the screen name that Al Franken hides behind... he got caught not paying income taxes in 17 states. He owes/owed more than $70,000 in backtaxes & penalties.

red states rule
09-18-2008, 09:17 PM

But you do have money for a computer and an internet connection :laugh2:

Without payroll taxes, maybe the government could go back to only what they are to tax for under the US Constitution - and not all the BS they do now

crin63
09-18-2008, 09:23 PM
April15 is living on disability after surgery if I remember correctly that is the biggest reason his income is low and hence the offset. Once he is back on his feet and working I'm sure he will be paying more in taxes.

I'm all for the fair tax, I just think there is info here that is not being factored in while questioning him. If you haven't been disabled and out of work you might want to cut him a bit of slack on this one subject or at least consider all the information.

My 2 cents.

Yurt
09-18-2008, 09:41 PM
April15 is living on disability after surgery if I remember correctly that is the biggest reason his income is low and hence the offset. Once he is back on his feet and working I'm sure he will be paying more in taxes.

I'm all for the fair tax, I just think there is info here that is not being factored in while questioning him. If you haven't been disabled and out of work you might want to cut him a bit of slack on this one subject or at least consider all the information.

My 2 cents.

no, he still blames President Reagan.