PDA

View Full Version : Reunion Time

retiredman
09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I am off to the airport at 5:30 tomorrow morning to fly back home to Illinois for my 40th High School Reunion. Golf outing on Friday... mixer that night... big dinner dance on Saturday... back home to Maine on Sunday. I will look forward to seeing how the discussions will have evolved in my absence.
:cheers2:

red states rule
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I am off to the airport at 5:30 tomorrow morning to fly back home to Illinois for my 40th High School Reunion. Golf outing on Friday... mixer that night... big dinner dance on Saturday... back home to Maine on Sunday. I will look forward to seeing how the discussions will have evolved in my absence.
:cheers2:

Thanks for the good news

I bet all your "friends" ask you to take all the pictures - so you are not in them

hjmick
09-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Enjoy yourself, MfM. Travel safe.

Abbey Marie
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Have fun!

Mr. P
09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I have never attended a HS reunion..I never lost a thing in HS I needed to search for years later. Not only that, I don't care to know who did what or who's dead now etc, etc.

retiredman
09-17-2008, 09:20 PM
thanks for all your good wishes. My high school class was very tight and I remain close friends with several of them. Last year, I went back to St Louis and saw Chuck Berry with two of them and their wives. I really go back to see those guys and play golf with everyone. We will gather at a bar on Thursday night that we always gather at...and it was my father's favorite watering hole so that will be extra special. Now I gotta go to bed pretty soon!

Yurt
09-17-2008, 10:22 PM
don't forget to mention your best buddy Yurt! :laugh2:

manu1959
09-17-2008, 10:37 PM
have fun....just went to my 30.......man the women did not age well......

Abbey Marie
09-17-2008, 10:40 PM
have fun....just went to my 30.......man the women did not age well......

Perhaps they aged like normal non-plastic surgeried, non-botoxed women do?

manu1959
09-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Perhaps they aged like normal non-plastic surgeried, non-botoxed women do?

they were all heavy sun girls.....it took its toll.......

Abbey Marie
09-18-2008, 11:16 AM
they were all heavy sun girls.....it took its toll.......

Sun and cigarettes really lay ruin to skin.

Mr. P
09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Sun and cigarettes really lay ruin to skin.

Looks like wrinkled leather.

Trigg
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
I only went to one of mine (5 year), and I was happy to see that all the cheerleaders had gotten REALLY FAT.:laugh2::laugh2:

Hubbies was earlier this year and everyone looked really good. Most were still married to their original partners....not bad for a 20yr reunion.

retiredman
09-21-2008, 04:29 PM
just got back...had a great time!

gabosaurus
09-21-2008, 05:58 PM
I am perhaps one of the few people that sees no purpose in high school reunions. One I graduated from high school (and college), I am through with it. I grew up with most of the people I went to high school with, so I know where to find them if I really care enough.

retiredman
09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I am perhaps one of the few people that sees no purpose in high school reunions. One I graduated from high school (and college), I am through with it. I grew up with most of the people I went to high school with, so I know where to find them if I really care enough.

and there are very few members of my high school class that I would be willing to fly half way across the continent to see again....but if I can fly back for one weekend and not only see all of my REALLY close friends, but also a host of others who, while not perhaps important enough individualy for a trip home, certainly collectively, are worth the trip, I take that trip. It was a blast.