PDA

View Full Version : Why your kids are ignorant liberals.....

Silver
09-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Barber shared the first class assignment with CBS4. Instructor Andrew Hallam asked students to write an essay to contradict what he called the 'fairy tale image of Palin' presented at the Republican National Convention.

"What the faculty's responsibility is to provide opportunity for critical thinking and civic engagement so bringing something of relevancy into the classroom was the faculty's goal," said Cathy Lucas, spokeswoman for Metro State. "Should he have broadened it and included all the political figures, yes."

Metro State officials are investigating claims of bias, harassment and bullying.

Hallam declined an interview with CBS4. He has revised the assignment.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/palin.essay.denver.2.820285.html
-----------------------------------

Pretty much what happens in almost every college in the US.....
in one form or another.....

Kathianne
09-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Barber shared the first class assignment with CBS4. Instructor Andrew Hallam asked students to write an essay to contradict what he called the 'fairy tale image of Palin' presented at the Republican National Convention.

"What the faculty's responsibility is to provide opportunity for critical thinking and civic engagement so bringing something of relevancy into the classroom was the faculty's goal," said Cathy Lucas, spokeswoman for Metro State. "Should he have broadened it and included all the political figures, yes."

Metro State officials are investigating claims of bias, harassment and bullying.

Hallam declined an interview with CBS4. He has revised the assignment.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/palin.essay.denver.2.820285.html
-----------------------------------

Pretty much what happens in almost every college in the US.....
in one form or another.....

I haven't heard of this blatant of biased assignments with my kids at universities, but came pretty damn close in high school. Yes, I and others complained.

April15
09-18-2008, 08:06 PM
I guess my grandchildren attend better schools as this kind of assignment would never be given with such biased parameters.

Kathianne
09-18-2008, 08:14 PM
I guess my grandchildren attend better schools as this kind of assignment would never be given with such biased parameters.

That's because the successful are funding your schools.

April15
09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
That's because the successful are funding your schools.My grandchildren live in some of the poorest areas of the nation. New Jersey and Pittsburgh.

Abbey Marie
09-18-2008, 09:48 PM
My grandchildren live in some of the poorest areas of the nation. New Jersey and Pittsburgh.

There are many affluent towns in NJ, April. For just one example, Jackie Kennedy Onassis had a horse farm in one of them.

Yurt
09-18-2008, 11:09 PM
i believe april15 is a farce, but he or she presents some opinions...

Kathianne
09-18-2008, 11:20 PM
My grandchildren live in some of the poorest areas of the nation. New Jersey and Pittsburgh.

I'm sorry your children are not able to do better. My kids attended one of the top high schools in the country. The board works diligently to hire teachers from the best universities. Problem with the 'best universities' is bias. From professor, to assistant, to undergrad. The postgrads are already fully indoctrinated or ready to go incognito. I do know.

Psychoblues
09-19-2008, 02:45 AM
The question was undeniably over the top. I don't believe for a moment that it was ever asked.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

gabosaurus
09-19-2008, 10:44 AM
My child is neither ignorant or liberal. Which makes her smarter than your kids. And some of you. :p

darin
09-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Do you have a child for your benefit, or for the child's benefit, Gabby? You seem to call her "My Child" so frequently - it's as if you're wearing 'her' a badge. As if she's 'property'.

Silver
09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
My child is neither ignorant or liberal. Which makes her smarter than your kids. And some of you. :p
First..
The only reason you have that child is because some women didn't practice the abortion you so seem to love.....
Second...
if she isn't liberal, then she most likely isn't ignorant.....at least not yet....shes far from college age and college indoctrination....
Third....
You don't know a damn thing about my children

red states rule
09-19-2008, 07:19 PM
This "Professor" has made the big time

Palin Bashing Professor Andrew Hallam Exposed by Fox News on "The O’'Reilly Factor"

By Matt Barber
Sep 19, 2008

Denver, CO – Janna Barber, an 18-year-old freshman, will be a guest tonight on Fox News Channel’s "The O'Reilly Factor" with Bill O'Reilly to discuss an assignment she and other students were given by Andrew Hallam, a professor at Denver’s Metro State College. Janna is the sister of Matt Barber, who is the Director of Cultural Affairs with Liberty Counsel and Associate Dean with Liberty University School of Law.

Hallam, who said that “Bush Bashing” and the “F-Word” are his two favorite things to do and say, directed students to bash Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin by writing an essay that “undermines, criticizes and contradicts” the “fairy tale image” of Palin which “Republicans may wish … the American people to believe.” He then singled out Republican students and allegedly “chuckled” as other students began bullying and harassing them by hurling “F” words at them.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272622816.shtml