PDA

View Full Version : Rangel's Parking Violation

red states rule
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM
The arrogance of this man is endless. First he cheats on his taxes, now he uses the parking garage as a storage lot. This is considered taxable income by the IRS

What does it take for a Dem to lose a committee seat and chairmanship?

BIG WHEEL BENZ THE RULES
RANGEL'S ILLEGAL FREE PARKING MAY BE NEW TAX WOE

WASHINGTON - Rep. Charles Rangel has been using a House of Representatives parking garage for years as free storage space for his old Mercedes-Benz - a violation of congressional rules and a potential new tax woe for the embattled lawmaker, The Post has learned.

The 1972 silver sedan is registered to Rangel, who is already under investigation by the House Ethics Committee, and is parked in a coveted section of an indoor lot, near elevators that lead to his office.

HURT: Weighty, Shady Pol Threat To Own Party

The car is covered with a protective tarp and has no license plates. Rangel's registration on the vehicle expired in 2004, state records show.

House rules forbid use of the garage for long-term storage more than 45 days - and congressional aides told The Post that Rangel's car has been sitting there for years.

Rangel today told The Post, "I told you I am not discussing that. I want to be kind and gentle -- please let me be." The veteran Harlem Democrat, who is chairman of the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee, is under fire for numerous lapses.

House Republicans were quick to criticize Rangel's latest gaffe.

"In a way, this latest revelation is symbolic of how Charlie Rangel and the Democrat-led Congress have chosen to conduct themselves. Rangel continues to openly thumb his nose at the law while remaining parked atop the most powerful committee in Congress. The 'most ethical congress in history' continues to embarrass itself," NRCC Press Secretary Ken Spain said in a statement.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09182008/news/regionalnews/big_wheel_benz_the_rules_129646.htm

Yurt
09-18-2008, 10:11 PM
i'm sure obama will be speaking about this soon....

oh wait, his hummer and lear jet are parked next to rangel's benz

red states rule
09-18-2008, 10:18 PM
i'm sure obama will be speaking about this soon....

oh wait, his hummer and lear jet are parked next to rangel's benz

Ol' Charlie writes the tax laws we all need to live by

Yet he has been busted on multiple tax violations

More liberal hypocrisy on display